Published on December 1, 2010 by Priscilla

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't wash
Out of the box this looked great! After one wash it looked awful! Very lumpy and shrank badly.
Published on April 28, 2011 by cmaupin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Dog Mattress for Inside a Crate!!! ***CAUTION: WILL SHRINK IF PUT IN DRYER***, December 1, 2010
I've used these beds for almost a year now and they have lasted well despite being the bed of my very destructive puppy. He loves this bed! He not only loves to sleep on it but he likes to pull it out of his crate and try to shake it and toss it around too. The only thing he managed to destroy are the paper tags, so I just cut them off. My only word of caution is do not put these beds in the dryer!!! I used to own the smaller size (12" x 17" I think) and I washed and dried it all the time with very little shrinkage. But apparently this bigger size shrinks a whole lot more. I bought one and washed and dried it once and it shrunk up way too much to be usable in his crate anymore. So now I am buying two more so I can have a spare while the freshly washed one is air-drying. These beds do keep their plush shape and if it looks a little flat, just wash it and it will fluff back up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable beds, May 12, 2011
<Update - 2 years later and about 20 washings later (washing machine and dryer) it still works well. This would have to be one of our better investments, especially as our dog is getting old now and spends a lot more time lying down. I did eventually stop putting them inside the cover. For the past year, the cover mentioned below is just around the plywood and this lays on top of that. It is easier this way to straighten it out every day.>

It is about 3 inches thick and my black labs seem to love them. They are much more comfortable than their last beds (because they kept destroying previous fluffy beds). However they are older now and many other reviews attested to their beds not being ripped to shreds.

They fit our Midwest cages perfectly.

I made covers for them out of a cloth drop cloth so that when I need to wash them, I just need to wash the cover. (other reviews warn against washing and drying) and I also put plywood into that cover under this bed (the dogs kept kicking them every which way and now they stay put).

They seem well made and should last.

1 month so far and they are still in one piece.

I was forced to wash one of them and threw it into the washing machine and then into the dryer on the ultra delicate setting and it is just as good as new. No loss of fluffiness that I could tell compared to the one I did not wash.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great way to spoil your pet!, July 27, 2011
This review is from: Midwest Quiet Time 35-By-23-Inch Ombre? Swirl Deluxe Pet Bed (Misc.)
We just had this delivered today. It was purchased a 'gift' for a 50lb female lab-mix dog that we recently rescued. This is the SOFTEST, most luxurious pet bed I've ever seen! Prior to being rescued, this dog wandered as a stray for an extended period of time ... so we are currently enjoying this opportunity to spoil and pamper her as she adjusts to her new home and family. This soft, comfy bed will be greatly appreciated by this sweet girl!

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't wash, April 28, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars crate pad, March 8, 2013
I rescue Chesapeake Bay Retrievers and use a new one with each new dog and pass it on to the adopter so the dog has a familiar bed. They go through enough upset in their life going into rescue then on to an adoption. When I adopted my Chessie I bought a crate and used this pad with him and now it is his bed outside the crate. It has lasted 4 years and still has its softness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Supportive and I've washed mine, January 21, 2012
This is a great pad for a dog crate!

We have a medium "furrari" dog crate which has an interior rest space of (ta-dah!) 21x12, and so this bed fits perfectly into the space. Not only is it a perfect fit, but it is a very thick mat (about 3 inches thick.)The stuffing feels substantial so I am quite confident that when my dog lies on it he will still have a fair bit of cushion beneath him. The swirl pattern is a bit odd to the human eye, but - hey - he's a dog! It is also machine washable. My only concern would be if you had a dog that liked to eat faux fur (a real rope chewer, or one who nibbles the mane of its toy horse for example) this bed might be too tempting when bored. It definitely has graspable hairs.

Update: I've had our pad for over 6 months now and I just ordered a second one for a second crate we are getting when I saw all the reviews about it not washing well. I have washed our 21x12 pad many times and other than one of the sewn in tufts (divits) loosing its threading it is fine - no shrinking, no lumping. No problems at all washing it in cold and tossing it in the dryer on regular.

2.0 out of 5 stars looks great but hardly any cushioning, July 21, 2011
Bed looks and feels great - but very little cushioning - you feel the hard floor under the bed. This does not work for a dog as big as the bed size would suggest. I sent it back for a refund.

4.0 out of 5 stars SUPER soft, dog loves it, fits Midwest Kennel Perfectly!, October 2, 2010
We purchased this bed for our new Midwest 35" wire crate. We have a 13 year old beagle that we have had since he was a puppy, and he has recently started getting cantankerous and no longer is allowed to have "run of the house" when we are gone or overnight because he tends to go on the floors. The kennel has worked great and the bed is super soft. I have not had it long enough to wash it, so I can't comment on it's washability. The dog loves it and I love that you can't see any dog hair on it, so it always looks nice and new instead of funky. The thick swirled pattern makes it look nice and plush. No complaints from the dog and I have to fight to keep the kids from trying to lay down in the kennel (eeew.) I'd say it was well worth the money! No more dog accidents at all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Our dogs finally have beds they consider "suitable" for their refined tastes, March 6, 2013
We bought one of these beds for our Kuvasz who thought our bed was hers, but she actually loves this dog bed. We bought a second bed for our other smaller, mixed breed dog; and he loves it too. The beds are not very dense, but they must not retain too much body heat or our dogs would not like them. They don't seem to hold the hair since a Kuvasz is notorious for shedding. We really recommend this dog bed!

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks thicker and heavier than it is, September 23, 2013
Way too thin for a dog of any size to use. I have a 55 lb dog and there is no way that it would have kept its level of padding for any time. This was returned.

Midwest Quiet Time 35-By-23-Inch Ombre? Swirl Deluxe Pet Bed
$49.99 $21.80
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.