1,181 Reviews

Published on December 1, 2010 by Priscilla

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't wash
Out of the box this looked great! After one wash it looked awful! Very lumpy and shrank badly.
Published on April 28, 2011 by cmaupin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Dog Mattress for Inside a Crate!!! ***CAUTION: WILL SHRINK IF PUT IN DRYER***, December 1, 2010
I've used these beds for almost a year now and they have lasted well despite being the bed of my very destructive puppy. He loves this bed! He not only loves to sleep on it but he likes to pull it out of his crate and try to shake it and toss it around too. The only thing he managed to destroy are the paper tags, so I just cut them off. My only word of caution is do not put these beds in the dryer!!! I used to own the smaller size (12" x 17" I think) and I washed and dried it all the time with very little shrinkage. But apparently this bigger size shrinks a whole lot more. I bought one and washed and dried it once and it shrunk up way too much to be usable in his crate anymore. So now I am buying two more so I can have a spare while the freshly washed one is air-drying. These beds do keep their plush shape and if it looks a little flat, just wash it and it will fluff back up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable beds, May 12, 2011
<Update - 2 years later and about 20 washings later (washing machine and dryer) it still works well. This would have to be one of our better investments, especially as our dog is getting old now and spends a lot more time lying down. I did eventually stop putting them inside the cover. For the past year, the cover mentioned below is just around the plywood and this lays on top of that. It is easier this way to straighten it out every day.>

It is about 3 inches thick and my black labs seem to love them. They are much more comfortable than their last beds (because they kept destroying previous fluffy beds). However they are older now and many other reviews attested to their beds not being ripped to shreds.

They fit our Midwest cages perfectly.

I made covers for them out of a cloth drop cloth so that when I need to wash them, I just need to wash the cover. (other reviews warn against washing and drying) and I also put plywood into that cover under this bed (the dogs kept kicking them every which way and now they stay put).

They seem well made and should last.

1 month so far and they are still in one piece.

I was forced to wash one of them and threw it into the washing machine and then into the dryer on the ultra delicate setting and it is just as good as new. No loss of fluffiness that I could tell compared to the one I did not wash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Soft; Thanks to this, my dog is spoiled!, April 19, 2012
M. C. (Anywhere But Here, NJ) - See all my reviews
I purchased two of these recently, for the living room & bedroom. It's REALLY soft, kinda wish I had a blanket made out of this stuff for myself. Now my dog is spoiled: he will only lay down in his bed. Somehow, the hardwood floor or the wooden deck are now unacceptable surfaces. He'll just sit there, waiting. Once I bring his bed out on the deck, he immediately lays down and falls asleep. Considering how soft this bed is, can't say that I blame him. A very good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great way to spoil your pet!, July 27, 2011
We just had this delivered today. It was purchased a 'gift' for a 50lb female lab-mix dog that we recently rescued. This is the SOFTEST, most luxurious pet bed I've ever seen! Prior to being rescued, this dog wandered as a stray for an extended period of time ... so we are currently enjoying this opportunity to spoil and pamper her as she adjusts to her new home and family. This soft, comfy bed will be greatly appreciated by this sweet girl!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bed Time!, November 3, 2011
The 40 x 72 bed is the perfect size for both my chocolate lab and golden retriever. It washes easily and retains its shape without shedding. It seems to trap the loose dog hair better than the other dog beds I have and has lessened the amount of dog hair tumble weeds in my living room. All in all a great buy at the price and fabulous product.

5.0 out of 5 stars one for my 65lb Shepard mix and one for my 75lb boxer and they both love it!, October 13, 2014
Bought two, one for my 65lb Shepard mix and one for my 75lb boxer and they both love it!! Great investment for a great price!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't wash, April 28, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Supportive and I've washed mine, January 21, 2012
This is a great pad for a dog crate!

We have a medium "furrari" dog crate which has an interior rest space of (ta-dah!) 21x12, and so this bed fits perfectly into the space. Not only is it a perfect fit, but it is a very thick mat (about 3 inches thick.)The stuffing feels substantial so I am quite confident that when my dog lies on it he will still have a fair bit of cushion beneath him. The swirl pattern is a bit odd to the human eye, but - hey - he's a dog! It is also machine washable. My only concern would be if you had a dog that liked to eat faux fur (a real rope chewer, or one who nibbles the mane of its toy horse for example) this bed might be too tempting when bored. It definitely has graspable hairs.

Update: I've had our pad for over 6 months now and I just ordered a second one for a second crate we are getting when I saw all the reviews about it not washing well. I have washed our 21x12 pad many times and other than one of the sewn in tufts (divits) loosing its threading it is fine - no shrinking, no lumping. No problems at all washing it in cold and tossing it in the dryer on regular.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasting through puppy abuse, November 3, 2012
Within minutes of putting this bed in the crate, my puppy took his first voluntary nap in it. Even though he has several beds, sometimes he chooses to pull this one out of the kennel and bring it into the living room with us. It's definitely dog approved!

He's now 6+ months old and this bed has taken his abuse. Overall, he's fairly gentle with the bed- but he has been caught chewing it and shaking it around. There are no holes! I didn't think any bed would make it this long so I'm very happy with it's durability so far.

Pets are an integral part of our lives, but I also love good design. Anytime something is functional, and good looking, I'm happy.

I highly recommend this bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for big dogs, April 8, 2012
There's not much to say about this! I have an 80lb Rhodesian Ridgeback, who fits on this bed just fine with room to spare! She loves it! It gets a bit staticky at times, but nothing crazy. I would recommend it to anyone.

Midwest Quiet Time Pet Bed Deluxe Gray Ombre Swirl 23" x 18"
$28.99 $11.19