5.0 out of 5 stars The future is now

1.0 out of 5 stars Costly Repairs--Do not Buy
Published on April 4, 2012 by Barry

1.0 out of 5 stars Costly Repairs--Do not Buy, April 4, 2012
Barry (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Miele Masterchef : H4082BMSS 24 Speed Wall Oven True European Convection - Stainless Steel
I purchased the earlier version of this about 5 years ago. (I was told that the model I have does not differ from the most recent model).It worked fine, until the door somehow got out of alignment and burned out the internal fuse. The repair cost me over $700 and required 3 trips from the service people over 2 months. I called Miele and told them that I considered this type of expense unacceptable for a product of this quality. They were very nice, but told me that there was nothing they could do.

After paying $3,000 for basically a fancy microwave, I think that they should have made some type of reimbursement for the repair.

The repair person told me that if the main control board ever goes out, the repair would be $1,500.

If I had known that this product could have resulted in such costly repairs, I would never have bought it.

I strongly advise you to stay away unless you don't care about this type of repair expense.

2.0 out of 5 stars not that great, February 12, 2012
If you are going to just use the oven then it will do the job but don't count on Masterchef to do your cooking for you, the chicken will be under cooked and the pizza will come with soggy crust, but it does work as a regular oven very well, warms up very quickly, convection feature is superb so is broil. I do believe that German engineers have a long way to go before they learn how to build a good working microwave, my old college $80 unit worked better then this one. There are no preprogrammed functions for anything and you can't make good popcorn in it no matter how hard you try. I have both the small and large ovens from Miele also the freezer and fridge and dishwasher and I'm not sure if I would spend the money again on their products. By the way their customer support is the worst you will ever encounter and their products do break.

5.0 out of 5 stars The future is now, January 24, 2011
P. Smith (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I completely gutted my kitchen for a modern remodel. I decided I would not get a regular oven or a regular microwave. I wanted to combine the two. That's what this unit does. So far I have cooked a few fish dishes and a cornish hen. All turned out perfectly. Certainly better than when I did them in the old Jenn-Air that was junked. The cavity is smaller than a "normal" oven, but that's what helps it heat so well and efficiently. I have this unit in a cablinet on top of the counter top just above waist level. So far it has done very well and it can easily replace a normal oven.

5.0 out of 5 stars love at first sight, September 12, 2011
Miele : H4080BM 24in Electric Speed Oven - BlackLike the previous reviewer, I was doing a complete re-do of my kitchen and went looking for an appliance that could combine microwave function with true oven cooking. When I told the appliance salesman what I was looking for, he headed straight for the Miele section and said "This is what you want". And BOY, was it ever. It was love t 1st sight.
I've had it for a little over 2 years and it performs like a dream. I use it everyday and so do my kids. It does everything but clean the kitchen. It microwaves, broils, convection cooks,roasts, combo of any two AND it has some preset Masterchef functions like it's big sister.
Great, great appliance

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I would have known then what I know now!, January 6, 2013
"We purchased this speed oven about 5 and 1/2 years ago and it's been nothing but problems. We've had repairmen come out twice to the tune of over 600.00 each time to fix minor things causing it to fail. Additionally, my Mother-in-Law broke the glass tray on it while cleaning and it cost $300.00 to get a new one! The thing beeps nonstop when food is done, which drives you crazy-esp. if your hands are occupied (such as cleaning meat) and you can't turn it off immediately. It doesn't pop popcorn at all- just burns it. We've played with the power setting but nothing helps. Other reviews on different sites have said the exact same thing. We got suckered into the Miele brand thinking it would be a fantastic high end appliance, but it's nothing but a huge waste of money. Don't be fooled- get something else. We really wish someone would have told us that before we spent $3000!"

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice design but don't worth the expensive price, November 27, 2012
I am so disappointed with this Masterchef Oven. Very bad choice except for the look. (Actually I bought the H4882BP)

It cooks ( bakes, broil...) but when it is done, then the fan works for one hour in order to cool the oven. I thought that I was unlucky and that maybe my oven had a problem, so I went to a Miele store and the sales representative told me that it was perfectly normal, they know that is noisy, but it is the way it is. Unbelievable 1 hour to cool the oven even when you use it for 15 minutes, that 's not serious. Is this the modern technology ? not very green at least...

What about the self cleaning function ? which doesn't work very well neither, the self-cleaning of my old oven was much more efficient than this one. My husband turned on the self cleaning function after our Thanksgiving turkey and didn't know that he had to take off all the racks so now the racks are damaged and the oven was not vey clean. They could display a warning on the electronic pannel, to remind that all has to be removed before the self cleaning.

I have other remarks, but the main issues are here.

Don't even talk about the outrageous price and the arrogant customer service... it is an other subject !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Miele High Speed Oven, September 1, 2013
I think this is the most amazing kitchen appliance ever. I can cook 6 chicken breasts. Just push the according buttons and it comes out perfect. Rack of lamb-push pink and insert the probe and perfect. Takes the guess work out of cooking and perfect every time.

2.0 out of 5 stars nice second mini-oven but worst microwave ever, May 11, 2014
I would have expected more out of this unit. After remodeling and installing both this and the big daddy masterchef oven below it, we have become disappointed with this. The unit arrived with some internal fuse blown which required a two week wait for a repair person. The person forgot to put back in the seal at the top of the door so we now have permanent cleaning fluid streaks between the inside and outside glass from the cleaning lady. (there is no conceivable way to get in there to clean the inside of the panes)

The display on the unit is suppose to match the masterchef oven, but the brightness and contrast is just out of whack (cannot be adjusted to match) so it (or the other unit) stand out on contrast, not in simularity as they should have.

Add insult to injury, the microwave is just terrible. Sometimes once you press start, it will count down 15 seconds before it finally fires up. (meaning, on a 30 second run to heat something, you might get 39 seconds, try it again, you might get 12-15 actual seconds of heating)

It is also lacking critical distribution. Lacking a rotation means, it is so bad that it will turn cheese blistered crunchy in some places without beginning to even melt it in others. Want to melt butter for popcorn - forget about it- it will become a butter bomb which WILL explode no matter how you cover the butter and spray all over the top heating cools.

This was a miserable waste of 3500 bucks.