5.0 out of 5 stars Best vac
Published 18 months ago by jdm

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality but clumsy
This is my first canister vacuum. If you've never owned one see if you can borrow one for a month; you may find you hate the style. Even in a high quality vacuum like this one, I found the canister features are difficult to manipulate and store. The hose and wand (is that what it's called?) are always getting in the way and kinking up.

On the plus side it...
Published 7 months ago by Marcia G.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best vac, August 4, 2013
This review is from: Miele S8390 Calima Canister Vacuum (Misc.)
Have mostly hardwood, but rugs throughout the house. This vac is great! Love the telescopic part and the attachments, which are stored within the vac, for baseboards and up high. It is light weight with a handle, making stairs super easy. Very long cord and incredibly quiet. We have a horribly shedding dog with long fur, two toddlers and we live in a construction zone - this gets it all. Worth the price. Will last for years. Used to have a Dyson Animal - HORRIBLE. Was between this and the Alize - appreciate the separate heads. Parquet head swivels well (corners, under cribs, in small tight places) - perfect for hardwood / tile flooring. If you're between this and Dyson, go Miele.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best vacuum cleaner ever., December 15, 2013
This review is from: Miele S8390 Calima Canister Vacuum (Misc.)
Best vacuum I have ever used. Definitely an upgrade from the Miele base models, of which I've owned two. Smooth ride, strong suction, lightweight. I particularly like the rotating brush on the carpet attachment. I have looped pile carpet. From the website this attachment is not for high pile carpet. The attachment for wood also rotates really far to get into corners. I also like that you can adjust the suction for cleaning curtains and such or using when someone is sleeping (only possible with Miele vacuums). Also the metal handle extends farther which makes it easier to use on stairs. From what I understand this is the cheapest model that has a hepa system, not just a hepa filter which is standard nowadays, but a closed system. A must for someone with allergies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding appliance, May 12, 2014
This review is from: Miele S8390 Calima Canister Vacuum (Misc.)
I had an Electrolux prior to this purchase and I really liked it but it was damaged in our move so I looked to the ratings for a replacement. Everything that I read about this vacuum is true. It picks up pet hair, embedded lint balls, small specks that our dogs trek back in the house...you name it. It also doesn't have a problem transitioning from carpet to floor.
I also really really love that the vacuum intensity can be set for carpet, upholstery, draperies, etc. I had never seen that before on a vacuum.
The ONLY reason that I cannot give this awesomely outstanding vac a 5 is because you pay $700-$800 for this vac and do not get the electrical vacuum attachment. If you need that for the carpet in your home, you have to buy that separate. That is outrageous...to me. Other than that, I would recommend Miele to everyone thus far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet, Powerful and Easy to Use, June 26, 2014
This review is from: Miele S8390 Calima Canister Vacuum (Misc.)
This little baby is everything we could ask for and more. When I read all the reviews that said it was quiet, little did I realize what that meant. I can literally vacuum in the same room and carry on a conversation. Everything about the Calima spells efficient and powerful. My old Filter Queen was too heavy to manage the stairs. The Calima is light enough to carry and has a long enough electrical cord so that isn't a problem any more. We love our Miele!

4.0 out of 5 stars vacuum cleaner preference, April 25, 2014
BC "avid reader/viewer" (Kilauea, HI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Miele S8390 Calima Canister Vacuum (Misc.)
I love it as a replacement for my Kenmore. It is far superior, except that it is difficult vacuuming with the power button on the canister instead of on the handle. I wish I had bought the model with the more convenient power button. It is nice and compact with a solid feel to it, which is a big plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic pet vacuum, July 2, 2014
This review is from: Miele S8390 Calima Canister Vacuum (Misc.)
Fantastic vacuum for pet owners, my dog sheds a lot and this vacuum sucks up hair from carpet so nicely! I own another older Miele but it wasn't for pet hair and I'm really happy with the performance of this one. I would most definitely recommend this product to all pet owners.

5.0 out of 5 stars sweet, May 17, 2014
This review is from: Miele S8390 Calima Canister Vacuum (Misc.)
Great performance and a pretty color on top of that. It also handles well. I actually like vacuuming with this one. That should be enough of an endorsement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best wood/tile vac ever, November 9, 2013
This review is from: Miele S8390 Calima Canister Vacuum (Misc.)
For hardwood or tile floors, this is the best vac I have found. It's available in other colors through the manufacturer. If you have deep carpets, buy another model Miele. I'm on my third after many years of great service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for hard floors!, November 23, 2013
This review is from: Miele S8390 Calima Canister Vacuum (Misc.)
After much research, I purchased this Miele Calima canister vac for all of our hard floors. I immediately sold the carpet attachment, because I will never need it (I have an upright that works great on carpets). This vacuum is EXCELLENT and it's worth the price of admission. I'm amazed, and I'm rarely amazed.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is awesome. Stop wasting your life reading vacuum reviews and ..., January 1, 2015
This review is from: Miele S8390 Calima Canister Vacuum (Misc.)
your search for a vacuum should end right now. Just put this one in your shopping cart and you're done. It is awesome. Stop wasting your life reading vacuum reviews and trust me, some random guy who already did that. Buy this vacuum and you will become a happier person in a much cleaner house.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›