Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on November 20, 2012
If you have an NFC enabled phone or device (Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7), then stop reading and buy these tags right now. Combined with the free "NFC Task Launcher" (NTL)app on Google Play, these tags are a glimpse of the future.

The setup is easy, open NTL, select actions for a tag (ie turn ringer volume off, turn wifi off, etc.) click "done", then simply put the phone next to the tag and and every time you touch it it will enable those actions on your phone. Here is what I use it for EVERY DAY

1. When I get into my car to go to work, I have a Tag on my car visor. I programmed that tag to disable wifi, launch my mobile hotspot (I use my Nexus 7 as my car entertainment unit), turn ringer volume all the way up, and increase brightness since it is light out in the morning.

2. Then when I walk into work, on my desk I have a tag that disables my mobile hotspot, turns all volumes to silent (so it never goes off in a meeting or when I'm away from my desk), and turn brightness to 40% (it's well lit in my office).

3. When I get home I have a tag that re-enables wifi and connects to my home network, turns all my ringers way up (my brother often complains I do not answer my phone, and it is because I forget to turn the ringer on when I leave work, NOT ANYMORE!), sets brightness to "auto," AND sends a text to my girlfriend (who lives with me) saying "Hey baby I'm home" as I get home before she does.

4. When I go to bed, I have a tag on my nightstand. It turns brightness to zero, turns all sounds off (no more complaints of random notifications for emails going off at ungodly hours), sets an alarm for 6:15am, and a HUGE one for me because I need total darkness when I sleep, it turns off my LED notification light.

Then the cycle repeats everyday. The 5th tag I put in the kitchen for my girlfriend to use when cooking. She brings the Nexus 7 tablet in to use for recipes and streaming music, so it starts her pandora and launches the recipe app (I think she uses epicurious).

All this makes me feel like I'm in the future. I have only had the above setup for a couple weeks and now it is second nature. This app does EVEN MORE though, it tracks every thing you do with the tags, so it can display how much time you have saved by not manually adjusting those settings (so far I am at 494 actiones performed, 42m 10s saved). ALSO, you can do "Switch Tags" where when you hit it once it does one set of actions, then when you hit it again it does another set, which works well for things like work. Set it so that when you come in it turns volumes off, and before you walk out touch it a second time to turn them back on.

All in all if you have an NFC enabled device BUY THESE RIGHT NOW. They are cheap and after a few weeks you will love them as much as I do. There are an infinite number of uses for these tags, and they can be re-written as much as you want so as your needs change, the tags can too. If you have any questions let me know as this appears to be the first review for these tags.
66 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2013
I chose these guys because the price of the tag was good. They give you quite a few for a good price, and they are easy to stick on different surfaces and are completely blank which makes it easier to add on to different surfaces. They also sell them in different types so you can get some that work on metal surfaces.
on December 14, 2012
I like these NFC stickers because they're small and they're easy to stick to things. Their size makes them easy to put somewhere discretely (so you don't have a big dorky sticker stuck to the surface of your desk). They work well, and can be programmed with a variety of NFC apps for android, including Samsung's tectile app. I use NFC task launcher because it allows you to do a few more things with a rooted phone that tectile. I have 3 of them in use for me on my Galaxy Nexus and 2 that I gave to my girlfriend for her Galaxy S3.

I have 1 under my desk at work, 1 under the dashboard overhang in my truck, and 1 by my bed at home. The one in my truck turns up the ringer volume, enables speaker phone, turns on GPS and launches navigation. The one at my desk at work turns the phone to vibrate and enables wifi. The one by my bed turns up the alarm volume and makes sure my alarm is enabled.

So to sum it up... They work for their intended purpose, they're compatible with the phones I've used them with (galaxy S3 and galaxy nexus), and they're small. What's not to love?
on November 19, 2013
Useful little tags. I have one at the front door, so I can automatically check-in on Foursquare when I come home, one on my bathroom mirror to start Pandora whenever I put my phone on the shelf while I shave or shower, and one on my CPAP machine which cuts the volume of notifications in half (sadly, the current firmware on my HTC Evo 4G LTE doesn't split the notifications from the ringtone when it comes to volume) and launches my sleep tracking app.

I also gave one to a local business owner so customers can auto-Tweet and check-in when ordering (deli style).

The last one will be held in reserve until I can get a copy of Tasker.
on March 25, 2013
If you're just getting into NFC tags, these are probably the ones you want. They are very useful for a lot of different applications. Plus - they're TINY! Very useful for hiding in places to easily trigger events.

These tags are more difficult to program than Type 2 tags, but can be used in conjunction with installed applications to accomplish a lot of fun stuff.

Be aware what you're buying though. Not all NFC tags are equal, and these tags are not as compatible as some others. Educate yourself about what you want to do, and be sure you're getting what you want.
on July 17, 2013
They work great. They can also be used to open up Samsung's line of electronic NFC/RFID dead bolt door locks. I snuck these chips in my wallet, phone cover and all i have to do it tap the chip near the door to open my front door up!
on June 19, 2013
Purchased for use with a Galaxy s3. Works great. They can be written or be used as a trigger depending on what program you use. In my case, the native Profiles functionality in android 4.2.2 & NFC Task Launcher.

The tags will survive being removed and placed again. The glue used is very strong.

Only bad thing is that they aren't recognized by the Galaxy S4.
on January 23, 2013
Great for switching settings and auto-check-in, have one in my office, one near my key-holder at home, one in my car and another one next to my bed... Too easy to program with NFC Task launcher. I got a spare so I need to think where I will use that one.

-- Update 3/17/2013 --
Excellent customer service, I got had an issue with one of the tags not working well and I got a lot of help directly from the seller. It's all working well now and I even get to try a newer format of NFC Tag.
on December 17, 2012
Good tags, mine just seem to have an issue with handling two directives. It will write one just fine, but add a second to toggle to and it doesn't seem to handle it well.
If you're tagging a single action, these will do just fine.
on December 17, 2012
These NFC tags work well, they have lots of space (although I don't need that much space for the NFC task launcher app), and in general get the job done. Only issue I have is that these are significantly more expensive than ones I found on other websites.