5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for Galaxy S3 Owners
If you have an NFC enabled phone or device (Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7), then stop reading and buy these tags right now. Combined with the free "NFC Task Launcher" (NTL)app on Google Play, these tags are a glimpse of the future.

Published on November 20, 2012 by R. Ondik

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but they are expensive
These NFC tags work well, they have lots of space (although I don't need that much space for the NFC task launcher app), and in general get the job done. Only issue I have is that these are significantly more expensive than ones I found on other websites.
Published 23 months ago by Ryan Victory

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for Galaxy S3 Owners, November 20, 2012
This review is from: 5 Mifare Classic 1k NFC Sticker Tags from NFCGuyz (Personal Computers)

The setup is easy, open NTL, select actions for a tag (ie turn ringer volume off, turn wifi off, etc.) click "done", then simply put the phone next to the tag and and every time you touch it it will enable those actions on your phone. Here is what I use it for EVERY DAY

1. When I get into my car to go to work, I have a Tag on my car visor. I programmed that tag to disable wifi, launch my mobile hotspot (I use my Nexus 7 as my car entertainment unit), turn ringer volume all the way up, and increase brightness since it is light out in the morning.

2. Then when I walk into work, on my desk I have a tag that disables my mobile hotspot, turns all volumes to silent (so it never goes off in a meeting or when I'm away from my desk), and turn brightness to 40% (it's well lit in my office).

3. When I get home I have a tag that re-enables wifi and connects to my home network, turns all my ringers way up (my brother often complains I do not answer my phone, and it is because I forget to turn the ringer on when I leave work, NOT ANYMORE!), sets brightness to "auto," AND sends a text to my girlfriend (who lives with me) saying "Hey baby I'm home" as I get home before she does.

4. When I go to bed, I have a tag on my nightstand. It turns brightness to zero, turns all sounds off (no more complaints of random notifications for emails going off at ungodly hours), sets an alarm for 6:15am, and a HUGE one for me because I need total darkness when I sleep, it turns off my LED notification light.

Then the cycle repeats everyday. The 5th tag I put in the kitchen for my girlfriend to use when cooking. She brings the Nexus 7 tablet in to use for recipes and streaming music, so it starts her pandora and launches the recipe app (I think she uses epicurious).

All this makes me feel like I'm in the future. I have only had the above setup for a couple weeks and now it is second nature. This app does EVEN MORE though, it tracks every thing you do with the tags, so it can display how much time you have saved by not manually adjusting those settings (so far I am at 494 actiones performed, 42m 10s saved). ALSO, you can do "Switch Tags" where when you hit it once it does one set of actions, then when you hit it again it does another set, which works well for things like work. Set it so that when you come in it turns volumes off, and before you walk out touch it a second time to turn them back on.

All in all if you have an NFC enabled device BUY THESE RIGHT NOW. They are cheap and after a few weeks you will love them as much as I do. There are an infinite number of uses for these tags, and they can be re-written as much as you want so as your needs change, the tags can too. If you have any questions let me know as this appears to be the first review for these tags.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best place to get NFC tags, February 12, 2013
I chose these guys because the price of the tag was good. They give you quite a few for a good price, and they are easy to stick on different surfaces and are completely blank which makes it easier to add on to different surfaces. They also sell them in different types so you can get some that work on metal surfaces.

4.0 out of 5 stars They do what they say they'll do., November 19, 2013
Useful little tags. I have one at the front door, so I can automatically check-in on Foursquare when I come home, one on my bathroom mirror to start Pandora whenever I put my phone on the shelf while I shave or shower, and one on my CPAP machine which cuts the volume of notifications in half (sadly, the current firmware on my HTC Evo 4G LTE doesn't split the notifications from the ringtone when it comes to volume) and launches my sleep tracking app.

I also gave one to a local business owner so customers can auto-Tweet and check-in when ordering (deli style).

The last one will be held in reserve until I can get a copy of Tasker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work Great! Good Sticky Hold, July 17, 2013
They work great. They can also be used to open up Samsung's line of electronic NFC/RFID dead bolt door locks. I snuck these chips in my wallet, phone cover and all i have to do it tap the chip near the door to open my front door up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Change settings with ease, July 15, 2013
Great price, easy to program, even easier to use. Even got my Mom hooked on using them, and shes 55.

4.0 out of 5 stars works well. sturdy, June 19, 2013
Purchased for use with a Galaxy s3. Works great. They can be written or be used as a trigger depending on what program you use. In my case, the native Profiles functionality in android 4.2.2 & NFC Task Launcher.

The tags will survive being removed and placed again. The glue used is very strong.

Only bad thing is that they aren't recognized by the Galaxy S4.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, June 1, 2013
Rich L (Northern, Illinois) - See all my reviews
Can't much better than these tags. Great price and function perfect. I would highly recommend these tags to anyone who ask which tags should they buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple stuff, works great, May 12, 2013
These are offered at a good price and they work flawlessly. A good choice among many choices. Works with my Galaxy nexus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oops, May 1, 2013
I bought this for my windows phone 8 and it didn't work, I left a negative review but NFCGuys contacted me pointing out that I did in fact buy the wrong ones (must have had too many tabs open). Will be returning but the product seems alright.

EDIT: NFCGuyz shipped out the correct ones to me free of charge. Great customer service!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, low price., March 26, 2013
No complaints here - my first foray into NFC tags went nice and smoothly. Just have to tune the actions and you're good to go.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›