4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty fun game once you get the hang of it.
I have played every single version of HOMM as it is my favorite game. This one is better in some ways to the very good ones and flawed in other ways. First the good - the graphics are really a step up from the other versions so watching the battles is very cool. There are also different monster classes from the others versions which help in the feeling of playing a new...
Published 11 months ago by TNC Local

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken due to DRM
I just bought this only to discover that I cannot enjoy the "Complete" part that I paid extra for.

The game is unable to connect to the Conflux, i.e. their servers, rendering the DLC and "standalone" expansion unplayable.

Published 14 months ago by Nicholas Zasowski

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken due to DRM, July 14, 2013
This review is from: Might & Magic Heroes VI: Complete Edition [Download] (Software Download)

This only goes to show that Ubisoft hasn't learned from their repeated mistakes using Uplay DRM, so avoid at all costs.

2.0 out of 5 stars Always On DRM, July 1, 2013
Amazon Customer (Lawrenceville, GA United States) - See all my reviews
To play this game you must have the UPLAY software connected to the internet at all times. It is more then a little annoying to be kicked out of a single player campaign after a couple of hours of play time because your internet carrier has a glitch. I can not see how this makes the game any more fun. The game itself seems to be just like the Might and Magics of old but after 2.5 hours of playing, what I mostly remember is the problems with the DRM. Since it is not mentioned above, I thought that it should be. (It would have effected my buying decision)

1.0 out of 5 stars Most current version stilly buggy and plagued w/ connectivity issues., December 23, 2013
Donna L. Thorne (Alexandria, VA United States) - See all my reviews
Loved HOMM I-V and thought I'd give this a try. I made a horrible and tragic mistake.

First, the game is still buggy, even though it was released almost a year ago. Current version (2.1.1) will still randomly miscount the amount of gold you get each week. Even the calculator I received for my birthday in 1984 was able to do simple addition. Lame, Ubisoft.

Second, there is an online element involved w/ the game called the "Conflux" which is supposed to "enhance" your experience by tracking your progress and providing item and spell upgrades as you progress. Wrong! I've had the game for 3 days and still can't connect to the "Conflux" despite following the tedious list of troubleshooting tips on their support forum (including: disable all background programs and turn off my firewall? really?).

After reading though pages of their forums from other users w/ similar issues, I stunned that this company hasn't made any effort to clean up its product.

On the positive side, the graphics were decent and the new monsters and heroes were a good change of pace. However, my memories of those small achievements will likely be lost due to the concussions I've received by banging my head on my desk trying to get the online content to work.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not as good as other versions of the game, November 15, 2013
I've played a lot of incarnations of Might and Magic over the years, and Heroes has always held a special place in my heart. On a whim, I downloaded this game from Amazon to see if I could re-experience some of the old magic I felt when I played the original Heroes of Might and Magic. The download over a reasonable internet connection required six hours, which ultimately failed due to frequent CRC errors during the installation. I had to download it a second time in order for it to install correctly and it takes a while to load, even after the initial confusing back story cut scenes. Not particularly taxing on system resources nor is the graphics engine that demanding of my NVidia graphics card, it's puzzling why this game takes so long to load.

One problem is the constant DRM connection to UVERSE, which Ubisoft requires for some unknown reason. As near as I can tell, this online connection does little except sync your saved games to a cloud and occasionally offer you up some character upgrades as you progress in the game. It also tracks your game time for some reason, but like other users I find it completely unnecessary and a waste of time and system resources. It's constantly looking and downloading new versions of itself and must be stable and functional at all times, or it will just boot you out of the game.

I'm also not thrilled with the completely confusing storyline, which is supposed to follow the path of different heroes all connected or related in some way with the central theme of an impending holy war between Angels, Demons and The Faceless. It's more convoluted and confusing than the first two seasons of the Game of Thrones, so I pretty much ignore it and forget about the plot line. I don't care who was related to whom and who'se mind was taken over and stabbed their duke father in the back and blah blah blah blah. Combined with an over-use of a made up pantheon with unfamiliar terms, Gods and abilities, i'm just wishing the story would go away. There's far too many in-game story line pauses and it kills the game's momentum.

What IS fun about the game is the gameplay itself. It plays pretty true to the other HOMM titles and the combat system is the same. I haven't been able to figure out a few in-game problems such as how to use the town teleporters (nothing on that in the tutorial) and there is a ridiculous amount of character customization that can be done to your player but too few ability points per level gain. Also, the amount of inventory items is nuts with at least six or seven complete suits of armor and weapons combos, all of which you will never find nor use.

In a nutshell, i'm only continuing to play this game because of my previous experience with HOMM games. I'd have ditched it in a heartbeat for being a confusing POS if it wasn't for the HOMM game engine.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed, December 31, 2013
I paid more than the current listed price and feel it was not really worth the coin.

I know that this series has been around for a while and I do not wish to treat upon
fans of the title. I have never played any Might and Magic games until this one.
So, the following are simply MY opinions . . .

The main issue I had was that the very first campaign (past the tutorial) becomes
difficult if not impossible to complete about half way through.
There is a boss (and his army) held up in a castle that is rediculously more difficult
than all prior foes. I even tried to not "trigger him" and build up my forces and still
had a heck of a time against him etc.

After some research and learning some behind the scenes drama as it were, I concluded
(at least in my opinion) that the game has some programming flaws; or at least bad
judgement in creating the engine in certian areas etc; to make matters worse is that the
original team has a conflict with Ubisoft wich forced them to rush the programming AND
these difficulties may never be corrected etc etc (so it is my understanding in paraphrase)

If the game did not have the problems I just discussed I would state that the game is fun
BUT far too simplistic. The batles have a tactic format BUT have few stratigic options in reality.
The customizaton of your heroes is a little dull and the build up of your towns is just a
matter of points with little personal customization. But that is just my opinion.

With the exception of the apparent programming flaw I would recommend this to fans of the series.

I became so frustrated with this game that I simply stopped trying etc . . .shame

Download and install: No problems to speak of

2.0 out of 5 stars Play Might & Magic III instead, March 25, 2014
I am a big fan of Heroes of Might & Magic III, that came out close to 15 years ago.

This game is slow. The game is slow to respond to mouse clicks. The game seems to struggle with constant loading. It is like the designers decided that 3D graphics were the way to go, and then had no idea how to implement it correctly. I play much more graphic intensive games just fine.

The company's strong points are creating good strategic turn based games. Their weak points are modern content pipelines. This should have been a prototype as a proof of concept, and then they should have made the game correctly.

Instead of this game, play their Might & Magic III (great) and play their Clash of Heroes (great).

1.0 out of 5 stars No instruction after downloading from Amazon.com a 9.76 gb file, January 18, 2014
No instruction after downloading from Amazon.com a 9.76 gb file. Could not open the file.
Judging from the file extension, I then downloaded and installed Androsa.
Trying to open the downloaded file still resulted in an error: Error! Installed directory not found.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy anything from UBI soft, January 17, 2014
Google "activation key already in use" and see the thousands of people who bought games but can't activate them and UBIsoft offers no support. My advice is don't but from them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste Of Time, January 16, 2014
Many Bugs bought it twice and still didnt get a quarter of the contents .. My advice would be to stay away. P.S they havent giving me any help. Very bad communication on ubisofts part!

1.0 out of 5 stars It just keeps getting worse, January 6, 2014
This is basically a repackaged version of HOMM V, complete with the same AI oddities and unsupported glitches.

I can't imagine how much they're paying programmers at Ubisoft these days. The AI in this game was so utterly incompetent that, on my FIRST play-through, I was able to crush the opposition on the "hard" setting while the enemy squandered their turns twiddling their thumbs. Seriously, after several months of turns, I came upon enemy shores (unhindered) only to find they had not killed any creatures, flagged dwellings, or taken any mines. This does not begin to describe how awful and dull this game is. And get this: Ubisoft officially announced that they refuse to support this game anymore. They have our cash, so they can move on.

I should have learned my lesson from HOMM V, which was plagued by the same problems and is supported by a desperate and pathetic community working on their own patch. The fact that HOMM III, a 15-year old game, has a more sophisticated AI says a lot about the morons that have a career in the gaming industry these days. Seriously Ubisoft, for the inevitable cash-cow HOMM VII, just keep the programming from HOMM III and do what you do best: grab some crayons and redecorate with fancy graphics.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›