Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Might be a silly question, but what is the purpose of the elastic?
asked by Michie on December 15, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 answers
A
The elastic holds the flap in place when u fold it so if you want to read like a book you can put your hand in the strap and then the elastic will hold the Flap in place
mr_munz answered on December 15, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Zeroblank answered on December 15, 2012
Comments (3) | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Like mr_munz said. It holds the tablet and the front and back of the cover together while you hold it up with one hand without your fingers getting tired.
Amazon Customer answered on December 15, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I use it to hold the case when folded back on itself. On advice from the friend who told me about this case, I open it all the way until it is under itself. Then I grab the elastic and pull it around front on the edge of the screen. Then to get it out of my sight I grab the center of the elastic and pull it back to the hard curved edge that is behind the screen. It kinda holds it out of the way and keeps the tablet from flipping around freely while I am holding it in my hand with my fingers through the BIG elastic piece.
Grinder answered on December 15, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The elastic is a pull tie to help in opening the case. The other half of the case has a snap that closes the case. You hold the one side by the elastic and pry the other side open. It works well. Hope this helps.
416 answered on December 15, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
p.s. I assumed you meant the long thin black elastic piece on the inside of the case. I guess you could have also meant the wide grey elastic piece on the inside, which I slide my hand into to hold on to it. Then there is the other small piece of black elastic in a loop on the outside of the case. I see others have mentioned it to be to "pry" open the case. I simply hold the case and lightly push up under the edge of the curved piece of the hard part of the case. I believe the loop is for a stylus if you choose to buy one.
Grinder answered on December 15, 2012

A
There are 2 elastic bands. The large elastic band you can slide your hand through to help hold the tablet. The smaller 1 works great to hold the case together when you fold it open onto itself. You can put the band on the corners of the tablet so it is not in the way and hold the case together. This is a great case.
swailsnet answered on December 15, 2012

A
The elastic is a pull tie to help in opening the case. The other half of the case has a snap that closes the case. You hold the one side by the elastic and pry the other side open. It works well. Hope this helps.
416 answered on December 15, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I haven't used it but I would assume it would be used to hold it in your hand while reading.
Bud Larson answered on December 15, 2012

A
To hold the cover when folded, so that it does not flip
Qwerty1gr answered on December 16, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product