5.0 out of 5 stars lOVE THIS LAMP

3.0 out of 5 stars lamp review
Published on September 12, 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars lamp review, September 12, 2009
This review is from: Mighty Bright LED Floor Light and Magnifier (Kitchen)
The is exactly what I was looking for. A battery operation floor lamp with a magnifier portable enough to move anywhere in the house. I'm not worried about the permanent LED lights, they should last for years. I did have two problems. The weight of the magnifier lamp is top-heavy and will top over if not balanced right with the base. and even though the neck attachments are screwed together, there is nothing to secure them into the base and you have to pick up the whole lamp by the base to move it, making it a lot less portable.

5.0 out of 5 stars lOVE THIS LAMP, August 3, 2011
This review is from: Mighty Bright LED Floor Light and Magnifier (Kitchen)
Now a senior citizen, I've recently resumed a former hobby: embroidery. I love the peace while I do this beautiful work - it is truly a form of meditation. It would not have been possible for me to resume this hobby without a magnifying floor light. This is a high quality LED lamp which can be moved from easy chair to couch, or even out onto the balcony. It's light weight, yet sturdy. It has a battery option as well as a cord to plug into an electrical socket. The magnifier function enables me to sharply see my fabric and thread. Now and then I've begun sewing at sundown, with adequate ambient light in the room. I'll find myself an hour later surrounded by total darkness, yet the pool of light over the little world in which I am absorbed is so illuminating that I haven't noticed the gradual change in the room. There is even a magnifier within the magnifier - a circular insert that further intensifies the magnification. This is is useful when I've made a mistake that requires reversal, as it allows me to effortlessly examine exactly what my particular sewing mis-step may have been, or to undo an unintentionally formed knot, etc.

The business through which I purchased this lamp described my lamp as being used. However, it was in perfect condition and still in the original packing box. The price was at least half of what I would have paid for it at my local embroidery shop. It arrived fairly quickly. I couldn't be happier about this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, March 4, 2011
This review is from: Mighty Bright LED Floor Light and Magnifier (Kitchen)
This magnifier floor lamp is just exactly what I was looking for! It is very easy to place beside my chair and tuck away when not in use. The height of the lamp is perfect for knitting and many other activities. The light is the perfect intensity--bright enough to see anything you are working on, yet doesn't bother anyone else in the room. It really helps prevent the eye strain I was experiencing before purchasing this lamp. I feel that it is priced reasonably, and the quality is very good. You can't go wrong using this lamp for needlework and much more!

2.0 out of 5 stars Mighty Bright Isn't, December 17, 2011
This review is from: Mighty Bright LED Floor Light and Magnifier (Kitchen)
I purchased this lamp about 3 months ago. I have tried to use it several times, but I end up putting it aside. The LED lights (12 of them) are either insufficient in number, or too dull. The light is just not bright enough to stitch on linen with. Also, the light has a definite bluish cast, which makes differentiating similiar colours difficult. I would not recommend this lamp.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Product but Not Enough Magnification for More Severe Eyesight Loss, September 23, 2012
This review is from: Mighty Bright LED Floor Light and Magnifier (Kitchen)
I purchased two of the Mighty Bright LED Floor Light and Magnifiers for my elderly parents based on my wife's recommendation. She had purchased one for her mother who uses it for quilting, and likes it very much. For my parents the device was of limited value due to the limited magnification of 2X which was not sufficient for their vision. One has Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and a cataract on one eye, the other is blind in one eye and has very limited vision. They do find some value for use as a light to shine directly on their work, but they require other magnifying glasses to actually read.

My recommendation for you would be to know the vision level of the person who will be using the device and be aware of the limitations of the magnification.

One other issue with the light is that the stalk is not retained in any way in the base of the light and if the device is moved by the stalk it will pull out. It must be moved by the base itself which is problematic for the elderly - the main customer target of the device.

A good device with limitations, and low magnification.

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware!, April 3, 2012
This review is from: Mighty Bright LED Floor Light and Magnifier (Kitchen)
I purchased this Mighty Bright Floor Lamp/Magnifier, and it's wonderful except for one thing, you better be sure to unplug it after every use. If you have a power outage in your home, and your lamp is plugged in, the lights will no longer work. This is actually the second Mighty Bright I bought, lost the first one the same way.

3.0 out of 5 stars base is best than any other model, April 23, 2013
Gwen Brogdon (Albuquerque, NM United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mighty Bright LED Floor Light and Magnifier (Kitchen)
this is great for someone with near normal sight to do close work, but if you have a degenerative sight loss like macular degeneration, this is not for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mighty Bright LED Floor Light and Magnifier, March 28, 2012
This review is from: Mighty Bright LED Floor Light and Magnifier (Kitchen)
I love the bright LED lights which allows me to see all I need to see. The only complaint I have on this item is that the 5x magnification on this device needs to be at least twice the size that it is. I do a lot of beading on small linen and you really need to have that more of the 5x magnification. There is another magnifier floor lamp that does provide more of a 5x magnification within the 3x magnification and now I'm kind of wishing I'd gotten that just so I would have more of the 5x magnification when I need it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eyesight problems, March 13, 2012
This review is from: Mighty Bright LED Floor Light and Magnifier (Kitchen)
Purchased this as a Christmas gift for a relative who has impaired vision. She loves it and being that it arrived in perfect condition with fast shipping, that's worth the 5 star rating for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Knitters, January 25, 2012
This review is from: Mighty Bright LED Floor Light and Magnifier (Kitchen)
I gave this a try because as I age my tired eyes have trouble seeing my knitting clearly. This light is clear and bright and very well-positioned for knitting in my recliner. The magnifyer is great for close up work. I definitely recommend to Knitters!

Mighty Bright LED Floor Light and Magnifier