Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now STEM

on September 24, 2010
I just received the Mighty Bright MiniFlex today, and have tried clipping it on my 3rd generation Kindle. It clips nicely on the top of the Kindle without the clip covering the screen. The grip is strong and does not move if the Kindle is jostled or tilted. (Note: the clip part casts a bit of shadow, which isn't big enough to cover any of the text on the screen. I figured it might be worth noting if it bothers people, though. I minimize this shadow by putting it at an angle on the top left corner of the Kindle, though the grip isn't as firm in this position.)

Since I haven't used it extensively yet, I can't comment on the strength of the bulb or anything like that, but the light covers the whole screen and the neck can be adjusted so that there is no glaring spot on the screen. So far, does the job!
44 comments|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2010
It's an adorable little light. It works great with a regular hardcover book. It does NOT clip to the 3rd generation Kindle, but falls off immediately no matter how you position it and is top-heavy and flops forward. The clip is too wide for the current Kindle and covers a piece of the screen no matter where on the Kindle you try to attach it. As a reading light for the 3rd gen Kindle, it is useless.

Don't buy it for your Kindle, but if you need a book light for regular hard cover books, it's fantastic. Warning: Doesn't hold on to paperbacks either. Needs a fatter cover to clip to.
99 comments|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2010
The Mighty Bright MiniFlex Clip-On Reading Light is perfect for the Kindle3. I like reading my Kindle3 without placing it in a case. The Mighty Bright fits nicely on the top and the gooseneck light can be angled for comfortable reading. The clip is smaller than on my other reading light which covered too much of the reading surface of the Kindle3. The Mighty Bright fits snugly at the top without covering any of the words and it clamps tightly so it doesn't fall off or lean too much to the side if I happen to move. The brightness of the light is more than satisfactory. It comes already loaded with batteries which wasn't the case with my other reading light. I think you'll find this product to be a nice accessory for your Kindle3. I hope it works for you.
on November 13, 2010
The Mighty Bright is a great reading light. It has two brightness settings (I usually use the brightest one) and a long, flexible arm that allows the user to adjust the light at any angle. I have no problems with glare on the screen. The clip is strong, however, my Kindle DX is always in a case. The light clips on the cover of my M-Edge Latitude case. I might agree that it does not work as well without the case, but this is not a problem for me. Previous reading lights did not have the adjustability of the Mighty Bright and did not last long. I have owned this product for a year and most of my reading is done in bed at night. I have yet to replace the batteries. Still going strong!

Again, if you do not use a case, be wary. If you have a case, get this light.
on May 1, 2011
I've had my kindle since christmas. I was using the might bright light with it. the one I had was a little too heavy and would add a lot of weight to my kindle because of the base of the light. My mother just got herself a kindle. I thought it would be nice for her to have a light to go with it. Instead of getting her the one I had because of the weight I thought I would get her the mini although it had many mixed reviews.Let me tell you, this mini is perfect for the kindle. My mom loves it and I loved it so much I purchashed another one for myself. The light is just as bright as the larger one I had and still have, I just use the bigger one for my laptop now, so no loss there. It clips on perfectly. My mom clips hers on her case and I clip mine right on the top of the kindle. I have a skin on mine so I am not worried about scratching it. The only downfall I see with the mini are the batteries. They require 2 of those round watch like batteries which i hear are a little expsensive where as the larger one requires 2 AA batteries. But because it so light and gives great light I am totally happy with the mini. I think the mini might bright is the best light accessory for the kindle. Love reading at night and in bed, so perfect.
on December 5, 2010
I purchased the product for my brand new Kindle so I could read it in bed while my wife slept. It was the greatest thing since sliced bread the first night I had it. Night #2 comes around and it won't turn on. Replaced the batteries, which caused one of the 2 lights to function. Night #3, wouldn't even turn on at all, no matter what batteries were in it. Halfway through the night it came on and was flickering though. Same thing for night #4, won't turn on, but randomly turns on in the middle of the night after trying to use it, flickering on and off. After this I gave up and threw it away, just like I threw away my $15 plus S&H on this product. I strongly recommend finding a more reliable product to illuminate your Kindle (or any other book or e-reader)
on November 22, 2010
I have previously had the Kandle for my other ebooks and decided to try the Mighty Bright because I had read such great reviews. Right out of the box the light flickered all the time and made using it impossible. I ordered another Kandle and returned the Mighty Bright for a refund.
on February 22, 2011
I just ordered my kindle, got it a few days ago! I ordered the kindle, a skin for it, and went ahead and got this little clip on light, as i didnt want to spend the money on a lighted cover. I LOVE IT! I didnt think i'd really like it this much! I got the black wifi kindle, the newest 3rd generation and it fits perfect on the top of it! I had thought about getting the bigger one at first, and im really glad i didnt, and got this smaller one. Its the perfect amount of light. I read a previous review that said it was top heavy and fell right off? Um, no it doesnt! If your looking for a little light for your kindle, this is the perfect one/fit!
on November 30, 2010
The light bulb flickers and/or does not work since I received it. I don't know if it is the switch or the light bulb itself.
on November 25, 2010
Light flickers and sometimes fails to light up at all. Do not recommend this product to anyone and I will not purchase again. Purchased from Amazon for my Kindle.