5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with my Kindle
Published on January 1, 2011 by Lester A. Gervasio

3.0 out of 5 stars Clip is not great with newer Kindles
The light itself is nice, two settings, easy to operate.

Published on December 13, 2010 by C. Decker

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with my Kindle, January 1, 2011
This review is from: Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 Clip-On Light (Kindle Version) White (Electronics)
I won't go into great detail about the product because others have alrady done so, I just wanted to speak to the negative comments. 1) Not designed for the Kindle/doesn't work without obstructing the buttons or the reading page. I'm not certain what these folks are even talking about, frankly. Perhaps you have a different version of the Kindle than I do; I have the 2nd generation white one. If you clip the Mighty Bright to the top of the Kindle with the battery pack at the back (the little padded end of the clip toward the front) it stays on just fine, it doesn't cover any buttons or the reading page. I have since purchased a Kindle cover and I now clip the light to that, so no issue at all. 2) There is a reflection on the screen. If you have it clipped on the top of the Kindle, simply raise the arm a little higher and position the light itself perpendicular to the Kindle (so it is shining down like a street lamp) not twisted down where the light is pointing directly toward the page. This gives plenty of light to read by, and no glare. 3) You can't travel with this light because the button is so sensitive that it turns on and drains your batteries. I have traveled with this light quite a bit and it only turned on by itself once, when I had it crammed at the bottom of a large, soft sided carry on bag. There are several simple solutions to this. Don't pack it an overstuffed bag,don't put it near the bottom of a bag, or...simplest of all....take the batteries out when you pack it. I don't see how that is such a great inconvenience! If you have it packed that deeply/tightly in a bag/suitcase/backpack you are obviously not using it en route, and putting the batteries back in when you unpack shouldn't be that big an issue, and if you are using it in route, put it near the top where you can reach it easily and nothing is likely to accidently turn it on. My wife carries both this and her Kindle in her purse regularly and never has a problem. The light is lightweight, bright, easy on the eyes, cool to the touch and takes standard batteries. As far as battery life goes, that depends on how long yout run the light, whether or not you use both l.e.d.s and how good the battery quality is you buy. I have had mine for 8 months and I will be changing the battery for the 2nd time, soon. Not bad for using it nearly every night. I'm thinking of switching to rechargeable batteries, though as we use so manyof them in our house.

3.0 out of 5 stars Clip is not great with newer Kindles, December 13, 2010
The light itself is nice, two settings, easy to operate.

The clip is too large to sit securely on the kindle, you have to sort of pinch it to the edge of the casing and it's not entirely secure. Additionally the clip is the battery case, and two AAA batteries add a surprising amount of weight to the Kindle, making it somewhat top heavy and more cumbersome to hold when reading lying down.

This clearly was not designed specifically for the Kindle, although it's currently being marketed that way. It's a great little light for traditional books, just not for the Kindle.

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice light, but a bit bulky, February 27, 2011
The LED light is very bright, but it's not harsh on the eyes. The light itself works great, but it has trouble staying on my kindle. This is because I do not want to to clip directly to the screen, which it would have to do if I wanted it to stay on the top. Personally, I do not feel comfortable doing that because I am concerned that the pressure might damage the screen over-time. I clip is at the bottom near the key-board, which gets in the way if I want to write a note or something. Over-all, I am pleased with the light, but I think it could have been designed better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Version??, January 14, 2012
Ellen (Salt Lake City, UT United States) - See all my reviews
I recently ordered a Mighty Bright book light Xtraflex 2 Super Led Book Pink and see no difference between the book light and the Kindle light. The clip is the same size, the neck is the same length with the same flexibility, and the brightness and coverage of the lights appears to be the same. There may be minor design differences (they don't look EXACTLY alike), but I can't find any functional differences. I'm just glad that my husband needed a light, too, so I didn't waste money ordering one especially for my new Kindle Touch. Oh, by the way, the regular book light I ordered included the three AAA batteries, while the Kindle Version did not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this light!!!!!, February 6, 2012
This light is amazing. I was afraid it would not stay clipped on, since I have a new Kindle(the new Kindle's are thinner), but this light stays on. I do have a cover on my Kindle. When traveling it's best to take the batteries out before packing so it doesn't turn on accidentially. This is well worth the money. I'm very glad I bought it. This light will not disappoint you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mighty Bright - a bit too brite for the Kindle?, January 30, 2012
I love this little light, but it really wasn't designed for a Kindle, even if it says it's the "Kindle Version." It has a large clip on it that is too large for the frame of the Kindle. You have to only use the tip of the clip and it makes it unstable. The light has a long very flexible neck and easily tips the clip sideways. It you put the Kindle further into the clip, it blocks some of the page display. Also, it is too bright, even on the 1 led setting. You might as well turn on the room lights and read with them. I ended up holding the light in one hand and my Kindle in the other while my wife attempted to go to sleep. But I rated the light high because it is a very good light for many other purposes - close-up shop or hobby work, nightly trips to the bathroom, seeing behind furniture, emergency power loss, you-name-it. And finally, it seems to last forever on just two batteries. I bought two and I'm glad I did.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money!, October 5, 2012
Ali Ann (South Orange, New Jersey United States) - See all my reviews
I'm really annoyed that this light is advertised as working for the Kindle when clearly it doesn't! If I were to properly clip the light to my Kindle Touch it would place the bottom half inch of the clip directly over the top of the screen. I've come to clipping in on at an angle to keep it from obstructing the screen. This works fine when sitting up or laying on your back. However the moment you want to switch positions the awkward angle that it's been clipped at causes it to slip off because of the weight of the battery pack. Which is another annoyance, the weight of the battery pack. When holding your Kindle with one hand with the light attached after awhile it gets heavy. I wish I had read the reviews on the light prior to purchase. Over all I'm extremely disappointed with this product and would not recommend it to any Kindle users. Don't waste your money!

3.0 out of 5 stars clip a little too large, January 17, 2012
Amazon Customer (Texas (United States)) - See all my reviews
This light works well with high and low settings. I enjoy the 360 degree flexible rotation of the neck of the light. The clip base, however, is too large (i.e. approx.2 inches long) to fit securely on the back of the Kindle w/o covering the screen, due the fact it takes 3 AAA batteries. I have to clip it to the middle of my Kindle cover and angle it over to the screen. Also, my Kindle cover won't close with the light attached, so I have to take the light completely off and then re-clip it over the outside of my Kindle cover once the cover is closed. If the clip base were about an inch smaller, this would be a great light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best combination for Kindle, March 18, 2011
Scott Helmann (Rapid City, SD United States) - See all my reviews
We have tried several different lights and this is the best (in our opinion) for the kindle. It takes 3 AAA batteries which are much cheaper than the little lithium button cells that other lights take (like the ultra flex). The 3 AAA cells also last an incredibly long time. The dual LED lights give a more even lighting when reading than others that we tried, and my wife likes the high/low feature. Low works great when she is reading in bed as it allows me to sleep. Its simple push button operation is great for people that may have a hard time getting the small switch to move (like that found on other lights- like the ultraflex) We give this light top ratings for size and convience. When traveling you might want to remove one of the batteries so that it doesnt accidently turn on while in your suitcase, however I have used it for many other purposes including a night light, flashlight, and lighting the sound and light board when running lights and sound for plays and productions. Its a best all around choice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, November 17, 2010
Great reading light! I have used this light with my 3G Kindle 3 for about two weeks now and have no gripes.

The intensity of the light is great. It's nice and even without causing a glare on the Kindle 3 screen. It has two brightness levels and I find that with the lower setting is bright enough for me.

The adjustable neck is surprisingly malleable. It will keep its position. Other products with this feature have a stubborn disposition.

The clip is nice and solid. Wear and tear should not be an issue with this one.

Lastly, I have not experienced the complaints of other users - the switch being too sensitive. If I put this in my work bag, I usually find something to clip it on so it doesn't make its way to the bottom of the bag. The switch itself requires a good press. Perhaps they corrected this issue...

Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 Clip-On Light (Kindle Version) White