Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 2, 2010
This is the exact same movie as the 2008 version with the snowmobiler on the front. Just with a new cover. Confusing and misleading if you already have the older one.
on December 2, 2010
The two movies are the same even though the covers are different. We were disappointed as were our sons when we gave them each a movie. One had a snowplow on the front and the other has a snowmobile. It was disheartening.
on January 3, 2014
My young son has loved the 'Lights and Ladders' edition of the MM DVDs, and since he always loves to see the snow plows around town, we thought this would be a good addition.

Overall, that has been the case. The snow-clearing episode is good and informative, though a little more repetitious than it needs to be - some parts of the snow-removal process are heavily emphasized (that is, shown repeatedly without any real change) while others are rushed through a bit. Still a good and interesting one.

The second episode, about ski hills/resorts, is a good one as well. Pretty interesting to see all that goes into maintaining those slopes and half-pipes. Also some time spent on the lifts, including the enclosed cars and open-air seats. Some of the voiceovers get pretty silly in this one, but the imagery is good.

The third segment is about logging. Not my preferred choice for my son's entertainment, but the MM makers seem to do everything well.

One thing I really like about this is how obviously Canadian it is - all of the MM episodes we've seen so far are clearly Canadian in setting and in delivery, which means free of the excessive, pandering goofiness of most American kids' shows, and edited at a gentle, patient pace - so no five-cuts-per-second with blaring hyperactive music and constantly-tilting camera angles. They allow you to take in what you're seeing, and they focus your interest on what's actually happening, instead of doing cartwheels to try to make it entertaining for you. In other words, they assume you're interested in the topic, and they present the topic as though it is inherently interesting. This is one quality that I love about these videos. So, American parents - think of these more as classic PBS shows than the junk you see on commercial TV.
on January 13, 2011
I am slowly collecting this whole series for my toddler grandson. It is his battle cry every morning, "Trucks!" We live in Maine so he actually gets to see the trucks featured in the Winter Blast.

As the adult, I find the cutesy voices of the vehicles annoying. But, it's not a video for me.
on June 16, 2014
He hasn't seen a MM DVD that he doesn't like yet, but he especially loves this one. Living in Florida he has never seen real snow, so the Winter Blast MM keeps him entertained. He would sit and watch it for hours if I let him. And he will sing the song even when he isn't watching it.
on February 7, 2015
I bought this for my 6 year old son. He was very excited to see that it was from, "Mighty Machines " , he loves watching and learning about trucks and heavy machinery. I love to listen when he "teaches " me how certain trucks or heavy machinery work and what they were intended for. I would recommend this to anyone who has a love of trucks!
on May 8, 2012
My son is a huge fan of the Mighty Machines series. We'd purchased two of the 4-packs for the cross-country move in the car. Now that we are settled in, we looked for a few more to mix it up a bit for him; this particular disc has three episodes on it. Anyone in the 4 and under set that is fascinated by trucks, tractors and other vehicles will enjoy the Mighty Machines shows.
on March 24, 2011
My three-year-old LOVES this video and asks for it more often than most of the others in the series. He has the 4 dvd super pack along with the train, mega machines and machines on the job videos. He saw this video in the video rental machine at our supermarket but it was never available, so I purchased it along with three others for his birthday. He was so excited! He can watch these videos over and over if I'd let him. The best part is that they are educational, not just total action.
on February 14, 2014
I bought this video for my eight year old nephew to watch when he came to visit. He is enamored with trucks of all shapes, sizes, and functions. He sat and watched all three episodes on the disc without stopping and then asked to see it again. Each episode shows the mighty machines that are used in different situations. I must admit that I never realized there are so many different mighty machines. I learned quite a bit. It's well worth the price!
on January 3, 2015
We have several of the Mighty Machines series, but this one is the least interesting. My 6 year old watches the other ones over and over, but just can't seem to get into this one. I guess watching plows clear the streets and sidewalks on tv just isn't that interesting when you live in an area where you see it outside all winter long.