4.0 out of 5 stars Having problems but still like the product; REALLY like buying from Amazon.com!
I ordered this item to replace another Mighty Mule gate opener that failed when it was struck by lightning.

This unit wants to jam on a regular basis when using the remote control. If you try to open the gate, then close it too quickly, it jams and you have to get out of your vehicle and manually reset the unit. I plan to call GTO and get the unit replaced or...
Published on January 9, 2007 by J. Wiggins

3.0 out of 5 stars Great as long as you never have a lightening storm
This is a really convenient item when it works. Every time we have a lightening storm it blows out the wireless connection on the board. The hard wired openers still work but not the wireless. Their tech support is useless. You wait 30 minutes each time to reach them and they have no idea what is wrong. I am on my third board in one year. Each time it is the same...
Published on April 24, 2009 by Beth Brown

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 49 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars part time gate opener at best........, March 8, 2008
This review is from: Mighty Mule Automatic Gate Opener for Medium Duty Single Swing Gates for 16 Feet Long or 550 Pounds (FM350) (Tools & Home Improvement)
installed mighty mule 500 2 years ago. Still not very dependable, constant service needed. Very little help from customer service, little or no trouble shooting information with instructions. REPROGRAM REMOTE PURCHASE BATTERY ETC....$$$$$$$$$$$$ PLEASE CONSIDER PROFESSIONAL GATE COMPNAY IN YOUR AREA FOR SERVICE AND QUALITY PRODUCT. sure wish there were reviews on this product 2 years ago........

The might mule manual gate opener.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent But Buy A Good Battery, August 1, 2012
Installed this opener on a 16 foot farm gate. Fairly easy to install and follow directions, but the battery I was using was not sufficent to make it operate. After much frustration, I read the online troubleshooting and determined it needed a stronger battery. Bought a new marine battery and it worked on the first attempt. Moral of the story: Don't buy a cheap battery and expect the opener to work. Highly recommend the opener after a month of use, though. In combination with the solar panel, wireless keypad, and exit sensor, it has worked flawlessly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Like a Mule, April 18, 2008
Having used these on several properties and helped neighbors install these also, I can say they are very reliable if you set them up correctly. If you have a sagging gate, rusty hinges, etc. don't bother if you aren't going to fix them first.

The MM350 model requires a large battery - my neighbor hooked his up without attaching it to a charger - the mule opened the gate for about 3 1/2 months before the battery wore out. We recharged the battery and then plugged it in like it should be and it is working like a mule.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mighty Mule Bargain, December 25, 2011
Wow, I checked all the farm stores, all the online sites, but Amazon came through for me on this one. A great product at half the retail price. We've been using a slightly lighter version of this one for our 16" gate, but this one is stronger and better. Great bargain! As usual, do your research.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY PLEASED, February 23, 2014
Plugged in dvd instructions watched a couple of times and installed. Was easy,and had no problem installing.
Works great and does what i needed done.

1.0 out of 5 stars DONT BUY THIS PIECE OF JUNK! JUNK JUNK JUNK, March 17, 2012
I have had this piece of junk for 8 months spent countless Weekend days trying to get it to work. I am a contractor so this job should be no problem right? WRONG. I have Contacted mighty mule they have sent me new parts without even wanting to check the ones I already have. When i told the customer service rep. that I thought they just put the pieces in the box and said " hope it works" his response was "I really wish people wouldnt say that" So I'm not the only As$$#h)le. They have no quality control. You would expect my warranty to be extended to the start of operation time but here it is almost out of warranty and still doesnt work. I could have gotten in and out of my truck and locked my gate everytime for the next ten years and not spent this much time on the project. My gate is far from my home no cell reception no wi-fi so ya cant check their easy extensive troubleshooting guide, So extensive cause the thing is JUNK. I have to load up tools the piece of junk drive down to the gate hook it up wire it up try their tricks to get it to work and when it doesnt take it all apart drive back up to the house wait on customer service to answer so i can have them send me new parts. Screw mighty mule! I want the hours of my life back from the company

5.0 out of 5 stars Mine's been good, June 6, 2014
Upon a quick glance I see that the reviews on this product are pretty mixed. I'm weighing in on the good side. In fact I'm so pleased with my Mighty Mule that this is the first time I've even been compelled to write a product review. I've had it for 4 years and it has worked flawlessly. When I was shopping for a gate opener there were many more expensive options. The sellers of those often claimed that a less-expensive unit like the MM would only last a couple months. And I gather that sometimes that is the case. But I can only speak from my own experience and I would recommend this product to anybody who needs a light-duty gate opener. My gate is a 12' 6-rail gate by Behlen. I would guess it probably weighs about 50 lbs. Enthusiastic 5 stars from me!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Opener, December 27, 2013
I have already had this same opener for 8 years and works well until my gate locked up and messed up the present opener

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected., April 5, 2014
This gate opener makes life much easier. We have dogs in our yard. The gate is required to keep them from running the neighbor hood. Opening the gate in the cold or rain was a real pain so we tried the Mighty Mule FM350. The gate opener has been in use for two weeks. My wife and I (both retired) really like the convenience. Installation was not difficult but might be a challenge for someone not accustomed to tinkering with machinery. The installation instructions are good. The instruction video is very helpful. Over all this is a great system and appears well constructed for many years use. My one gripe is the FM350 kit comes with only one remote control.

5.0 out of 5 stars Performance of the Mighty Mule FM350, September 2, 2013
I am very happy and satisfied with the performance of the Mighty Mule FM350. It was easy to install and very easy to understand the manual for installation. I don't have any problem at all. I got it done in 1.5 hours fully functional. First time in a year, I don't have to get out of my car, whether it's raining or any condition of the the weather. FM350 got a lot of power, believe me it did not fail me. I strongly recommend Mighty Mule products. In addition, I also installed solar panel, no electricity required.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 49 | Next ›