Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on June 20, 2011
Specs: Nook with CM7 SD

Battleheart is a real-time, tactical RPG boiled down to 5-10 minute levels filled with combat. Gameplay consists of assembling a 4 character party, picking a level, and killing all the waves of enemies. As you progress you equip better items and choose special abilities.

The gameplay is simple tap and drag. You drag from a character to a target and the target is then attacked or healed. Additionally, each class has its own special abilities that can be activated to help sway the battle in your favor.

My only real gripe with the game is that the healer character is pretty much a requirement to beat a level. Yes, you could take advantage of the shortcomings of the AI and have a character draw the attacks and dance around the screen while the other characters attack, but this would be time-consuming and boring. Even the bard character can't provide enough healing to eliminate the need for the healer to join. With that said there are a multitude of options for tanks (characters with armor to take the brunt of attacks) and support characters.

In the end it's a fun game that offers hours and hours of gameplay.
on March 18, 2012
This game has its heart in the right place and is pretty fun as long as the touch controls don't get too muddled (which they often do as your party members get stacked on top of each other, which is unavoidable at times). My biggest disappointment with the game is the lack of updates for Android users. It isn't particularly fair to support the platforms in such an uneven way.

This game is definitely a cut above most phone games, but poor decisions on the part of the developer prevent me from giving it a higher score.
on February 6, 2012
It you are someone who likes role playing games or someone who needs a fun game then this is for you. This game is very easy to pick up on and will bring you hours of fun. It has great graphics and looks great on my Kindle Fire. It was well worth the $3 that I spent on it and I cant wait to get more involved. So far I do not see any problems with it.
on November 15, 2012
First off,,, i have the kindle hd, and i have had a blast on this game! It has excellent replay value, and takes about 8 or so hours of casual play to finish it on one account, but my restarting and choosing a new combination of charachters... it is a whole new experience!!! i have had this game for four monthsand have gotten 30 hours of play time from it! on a tablet.. i can even play co op with two of my friends!!!
on September 15, 2011
The basic ideas here are great; classic party based rpg combat without all the story and exploration in five minutes or less. On that level the game succeeds. Everything is streamlined with out feeling too watered down. There is a wide selection of classes, and a good variety of enemies to kill. Unfortunately the controls just aren't up too the task. Comands are given in two ways basic attacks and positioning are accomplish by dragging a line from one of your four party members to where you want them to stand or what to attack/heal. special moves are issued by tapping a character and then tapping on one of the icons that appear on the screen. the problem with all of this is that characters and enemies tend to pile up on one another making it impossible to select the characters or enemies you want. the whole thing is an exercise in frustration. You may know exactly what you want to do, but actually giving the orders is hit or miss. Compounding the problem is the way enemies enter in waves of three or four from all directions, forcing you to give your tank and dps complex commands on the fly that are well beyond this control scheme's fidelity. There's a lot I want to love about this game, but it's not worth the frustration.
on June 3, 2011
One of the best games available on Android, and it looks amazing on my Galaxy Tab. Very fun and addicting. And unlike other adventure games (I'm looking at you, Guerrilla Bob) this one lasts more than an hour or two.

You play as a freshly trained knight who must slay axe-wielding goblins, arrow-shooting skeletons and massive giants with spiked bats. As you advance, you build a team with different and very helpful abilities, like healing and casting spells. If you're new to role-playing games, you'll appreciate the easy learning curve and simple inventory system. If you're an experienced RTS gamer, you'll love how immersive this game is ... plus the Arena levels that let you earn really cool gear for your crew.

If I could find anything wrong with the game, it's that it doesn't have an exit button. On my G-tab, I have to hit the Home button and kill it in the task manager. But that's a minor gripe about what's truly a phenomenal gaming experience.
on November 19, 2011
I downloaded this game to test out the graphic capability of the Kindle Fire and it works wonderfully. The game is a blast to play and I have had no problems with it on the Fire. The only real problem is that my two boys love it so much we had to get a copy for my wife's iPad 2 so they didn't always have my Fire. It would be nice to have the update that the iPad version has on the Fire - hopefully it will be coming soon. Overall a great app and one of my favorite Android games to date.
on June 16, 2011
So I bought this one a whim. It looked great from the screenshots, the reviews were positive, and figured why not? Well, after playing for a few hours I have to say -- this is a fun game. Good graphics, fun gameplay, and leveling up makes it challenging. Take all of the standard RPGs you can think of, lose the story line -- and you'll get this. The battle system is similar to that of the original Warcraft series, so it's not turn-by-turn, grid based, etc.
on June 5, 2011
The product info and reviews got my attention, so I thought I'd try it, even though one or several have had the misfortune of the game not working (or installing? -- not sure) on their Droid X's... particularly because RPG & strategy are a fave of mine, and I was fortunate enough to get another game (Plants vs. Zombies) to install and play on my X with no problems.

Bottom line: It works fine (at least so far, after the tutorial and one battle), and it is fun!

Definitely worth trying. (I'd be curious about the experience of other Droid X owners).
on September 21, 2011
Great game! Notice in the description that it says "designed for cutting edge mobile devices," and it is. This is why you need to read disclaimers in game descriptions before you spend money. It's called due diligence and isn't Amazon mktplc fault, it's yours.

My guess is that your phone needs at least a 1 ghz processor to run the game. If not, don't bother buying.

On topic, the games really fun. If you like rpgs and rts's, this games a welcome addition to your collection and it'll be a good three bucks spent.