Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 2, 2010
In this booklet, Mikey overcomes his fears and doubts about climbing up and playing on the top branches of his friend Tiggle the tree, where his other friends Jake and Louie are waiting for him. Mikey wants to follow them but is afraid and overcome with self doubts. His friend Genie comes as usual to Mikey's rescue and teaches Mikey the power of thoughts and beliefs and how negative thoughts can be overcome by positive beliefs.

Here is a short excerpt from that booklet:
"So Genie, are you saying that it would help me if I told myself that I could climb to Tiggle's top even if I felt that I couldn't?" asked Mikey.
"Yes Mikey!" replied the Genie. "When you do that, you will feel happy. That's when the magic inside you starts to happen!" JUST FEEL THE MAGIC AND TELL YOURSELF YOU CAN DO IT!"

Well, as expected Mikey believes in his friend Genie and through the positive affirmations, starts feeling better and climbs to the top of Tiggle to join and play with his friends.

The printing and the illustrations are of the same high standard as the other booklets in the series.

I was wondering about the need for this particular booklet and how it is different from the other booklet "Mikey Helps Toot-Toot" and "Mikey Aces His Test" since those booklets also deal with self doubts and the power of positive thinking. To the children, of course, it is another story and helps reinforce the concept.

I recommend it for children and their care givers.
on May 2, 2010
In this delightful and in my view, most useful of the six booklets in the series, Mikey and his friends are taught a technique to relax and be calm through music and visualization. Pari, the Peacock is known for keeping calm amidst all the chaos of the modern world and at the request of class teacher, Mr.Nutwell, the Owl, she shares her techniques for meditation and relaxation with the children.

Restlessness and stress are known to reduce the efficiency of learning and working. Meditation, visualization etc. esp. when accompanied by soothing, relaxing music are known to be very effective in helping people, including young children stay calm and stress free.

Breathing plays an important role in stress reduction and the authors could have covered that too.

The illustrations and printing are as usual very good.

The booklet and in fact, the whole series (of 6 booklets) provide very good reading for children and their caretakers.
on September 21, 2012
Not a good purchase. I could have written a much better book, and done the illustrations as well, and I don't even draw. The pictures, and positions of the characters, looked like they were copied from page to page. Disappointing.