Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

57%
43%
Format: Audio CDChange

on June 28, 2013
Saw the movie, beautiful period photographically, very sad story line, if you want a drama about family relationships then this is it. But the song "Bell song" (one of many in the movie) was just so beautiful, I had to have it.
on May 21, 2012
watch the movie too - it's really emotional, and I think Mildred is a really great person. I'm not a soap-opera person, but somehow I really feel in this one. I don't have a family - maybe that is it (I can care about Mildred's - she has so much commitment to her daughter that's really nice to see).
on January 5, 2013
This HBO mini series was excellent... updated from Mildred Pierce with Joan Crawford... also wonderful movie. Kate Winslet is wonderful in this moving film and the acting on all characters couldn't be better... highly recommend.
on September 22, 2011
I loved the movie and it's diverse music but the soundtrack, like many, left out alot of the ones I had enjoyed in the film. I do like the cd and am glad I got it.
on October 4, 2014
When I first heard that Kate Winslet was going to star in this, I KNEW it would be good, and it certainly was good! I've watched it twice so far and each time reveled not only in the acting but also in the perfect re representation of the era in which the story takes place. I don't see how anyone thought the series boring. It was so wonderfully acted. Winslet never disappoints. I will watch it again soon. Just writing about it makes me want to go plug it in again!
I also own the Joan Crawford adaptation which was also very good but did not stick to the Cain book as well. To watch Joan chew up the scenery was fun though.
If you loved this as much as I, see Kate in "Jude", an adaptation of Thomas Hardy's "Jude the Obscure". Though that one is very depressing, Kate is such a remarkable actress, she make it an extremely worthwhile watch.
on February 25, 2015
I enjoyed this program and thought it was well acted. It's been a very long time since I saw the movie with Joan Crawford so I can't do a comparison as I don't remember how the movie ended. I did like the ending of this version. One thing that bothered me about this version was how seemingly quickly the daughter changed from piano to singing. I think it would have been better if we had been able to see more of the transformation so that it wouldn't seem like it happened so suddenly.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse