Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 43 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on April 8, 2015
Read it more than once! Not a big Lance Armstrong fan, but... the ex wife wrote this well... easy to read. Good tips, and down to earth storyline makes this more motivating. Add to that the reality factor, and its a plus. Then, remember she runs for a living, and has had a not so average life, and that puts things in a new perspective. Still though, I have many books about running, and distance running, and next to Galloway's, this one is one of my favorites. Highly recommend, even if you don't plan to run that far.
on March 16, 2016
Kristin is an amazing writer, and almost makes me feel guilty as a mother because I wasn't nearly as good a mother as she is. Maybe I was, but I can't write about my experience in a way that makes me look as good. I've always admired women who manage to make time to run while they are still actively mothering. I like the fact that each little story in this book is complete in itself, even with multiple stories in each chapter, so you can read a story if you only have a few minutes. I read this on my lunch hour at work and always end up with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. I wish I could meet Kristin and talk with her and listen to her and run with her!
on July 30, 2013
Kristin Armstrong has a way with words, and expressed things I think or feel so much better than I could have. Absolutely beautiful collection of articles on everything related to running, life, and being a female.
on June 29, 2014
I loved so much about this book! I loved that it was a series of blog posts which meant if I couldn't read for a week or more I wouldn't feel lost in a story line. I also lived and related to so many topics, I feel like I highlighted 70% of the book! I look forward to re-reading it again in some time!
on April 24, 2015
Reading this book inspired me to sign up for my first triathlon! Beyond that, each chapter truly touched my heart. And that's the point of this book for me - Being fit as a runner is about being fit for life, fit even to love myself and another. That message truly impacted me in a positive way page after page to strive more meaningfully to be strong for myself and family, to keep pushing myself to grow, and to be who I am. I found the writing to be sincere and quite enjoyable (I laughed out loud!) Thank you Kristin, run on!
on June 14, 2014
I started running about 3 years ago and progressed into running by first 1/2 marathon last year for a total of 4 so far. I was never really sure why I actually started running but once I did - I was hooked! I am a wife and mother of 3 teenage boys and I discovered that running was the first thing I've done for just me since we started our family. I find myself relating to so many things that Kristin states in her book; running is spiritual, a stress reliever, exhausting, some runs are great others are just plain horrible, my day is better when I run, etc.
I already know a handful of other runners that I want to share this book with in hopes that it speaks to them as much as it did to me!
on September 1, 2014
I follow KA on Runner's World. I was thrilled to find out that she is a author of a few books. I read samples from Mile Markers, and knew right away that I had to purchase this book. Highly recommend if your a fan of KA.
on December 26, 2012
I loved this book so much I sent it to one of my friends for her birthday! It was well written and extremely inspirational. I loved reading it before runs and it would make me so excited to get out there and kick some butt on the asphalt. Being a fellow Austinite, a mother and a female runner I could really connect to the author. Some of her words could span across genders, backgrounds, etc. My favorite quote "I am not a good runner because I am me; I'm a good me because I am a runner". I think any runner can truly relate to that. Especially coming from giving birth 4 months ago I truly feel like not just a better person but a better mother when I've logged some miles and it's a wonderful way to connect with myself, my husband and our baby boy. I really can't say enough great things about this book.
on December 27, 2013
I bookmarked more pages and highlighted more phrases in this book than I have since college I love how reading her descriptions of running and life make me want to be better at whatever life brings. :)
on April 27, 2015
I read this book as I was training for my first full marathon and I would recommend it to everyone! It makes you contemplate what it truly important in life. Overall a great read!