Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Can't Be Tamed forum

Miley's new CD title Can't Be Tamed is cracking me up!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 8, 2010 4:25:21 PM PDT
Craig says:
It cracks me up that a 17 year old has a CD titled Can't Be Tamed. Billy Ray must be so proud of the job he has done raising his kids.

Posted on Jun 8, 2010 11:24:42 PM PDT
yea i agree...she is setting the worst image for herself with being so young and thats why parents arent buying her stuff anymore and her new clothing line isnt selling since its portraying the wrong image towards kids!

even britney spears and christina aguilera werent like this when they were her age starting out i mean come on...

Posted on Jun 9, 2010 10:56:31 AM PDT
Brigit says:
What has me cracking up is people like you taking time to criticize a teenage girl living her dream. Number one her clothing line is far from bad that a way to make something up to try and bring the girl down. Her clothing line is in fact the #1 selling clothing line in walmart HISTORY. i fail to see how that means people arent buying it. To say that Britney and Christina were not as bad as Miley when they were teens is not only a lie it's crazy. Britney was doing drugs and posing naked in rolling stone magazine from 15. Mileys music atleast has meaning. if you listen to the previews of this cd you would know that these songs relate to teen obstacles occurring in everyday life. Miley truly is a great musician. not only does she have a unique voice but she also has written every song on this album. I have yet to see any other Disney star with this kind of talent and I applaud her.

Posted on Jun 10, 2010 1:22:36 PM PDT
Craig says:
I am done cracking up. Now I am just sad that nobody wants to protect an underage girl from the world. Miley is not yet at an age to live her dream without supervision. Britney posed for Rolling Stone at the age of 17, which showed us that grown ups will exploit underage girls. So at 17 Britney probably went off the rails, and this is the fault of the grown ups around her who should have looked out for her. Miley was posing seductively and suggesting she was naked on a bed at the age of 15. That is not living a dream. That is exploitation. Miley was dating a 21 year old when she was 15. You are not being truthful to yourself if you think Miley is living a life that is really a dream. Just look at the album cover. Any parent that lets their kid get to the position where they look like that in a photo should be locked up for abuse. I hope that she does not go through the low points that so many teen stars go through, but at this point, I would not expect her to live a life any different. She is going to be the anti-Taylor Swift character the way things are going.

Posted on Jun 10, 2010 1:48:22 PM PDT
Brigit says:
Well Craig Miley just explained in her interview today that she will no do drugs or go that route in fact she said its completely stupid and people who do drugs are idiots. She said this on Seacrest today. She explained that she wants her music to be a bit edgier but yet all of her songs still have meaning. Just becuase she is dressing like a pop star does not mean she will end up like Britney. Britney had a mental illness.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2010 1:51:21 PM PDT
Danny337 says:
why is the title so funny? um, no 17 year old can be tamed....in case you havent noticed. miley is really not too different than any other 17 year old, only shes singing. there are millions of teens out there doing FAR WORSE things than her. he should be proud of miley. shes very mentally strong. its not like shes a lindsay lohan always drunk and on drugs or anything.

Posted on Jun 12, 2010 8:07:00 PM PDT
Craig says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 13, 2010 11:04:43 AM PDT
Brigit says:
Craig being a popstar does not mean you will turn into Lindsay or Britney. Britney had a mental illness and Lindsay had messed up parents. Mileys parents are actually very good parents. her mom goes everywhere she goes and makes sure Miley doesnot get corrupted. Yes Miley is getting a bit sexier but she is also 18 and a pop singer. And no Miley vant ever go to drugs or alcohol even if she wanted to. DUe to her heart condition. Besides Miley says all the time drugs are for idiots. Even people close to her know she would never go that route.

Posted on Oct 20, 2010 3:44:43 AM PDT
G. Zamago says:
This thread is still crackin me up. Unlike Craig, my purpose for this post has nothing to do with encouraging young fans to guide Miley up the right path, my purpose is driven by pure unadulterated aggravation. I was a big fan of the Hannah Montana series, the character was so original and the music was fun and catchy even for the older fans like myself, but this young lady may have just sealed her fate with this album. I agree with Craig, Miley is not going to take to the cameras and claim to do drugs or promote promiscuity, I don't doubt that she will, she's half way there by the looks of these album photos and the sounds of a rebellious nature just fighting to be unleashed. She is trying way too hard to gain the acceptance of the older generations that I'm willing to bet she'll do whatever it takes to get the "street" credit she needs to make progress. The catch 22 of it is, the older generations will never accept this new grown image no matter how much skin she is willing to show. At 17, she should embrace the foundation laid out by her former character and rise with it, not distance herself entirely from it. In other words, Hannah Montana at 17 is not rushing to assert her womanhood at this pace, there is no shame in puttin the breaks on. That being said, let me just add that this young lady really is in my opinion a talentless chip off the old block. There's a reason Billy Ray was a one hit wonder, he didn't have a hit sitcom on the Disney Channel to help launch his career. Whether her die hard fans wanna hear it or not Miley is where she is because of Hannah Montana and it's blind and loyal fanaticism that have kept her financially and statistically successful today, nothing more.

Posted on Oct 20, 2010 10:53:52 AM PDT
Craig says:
Bridget, I know being a pop star does not mean you will turn out bad. Just look at Taylor Swift. All I would like is for fans like you to push Miley to cultivate an image like Swift instead of the image she is cultivating that is more like the Runaways. And as of your post, Miley is still 17. This is all happening while she is still a kid in the eyes of California law where she lives much of the time.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2011 3:20:47 PM PST
lawrence s says:
All you say is true Bridget, except that Miley wrote every song on the album, actually she wrote 11 out of 12 songs, she did a Poison cover called ''Every Rose Has Its Thorn'', so that means ALMOST every song on the album.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Can't Be Tamed forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Jun 8, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 8, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Can't Be Tamed
Can't Be Tamed by Miley Cyrus (Audio CD - 2010)
4.0 out of 5 stars (150)