5.0 out of 5 stars Recruit Must Have, October 29, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Military Advantage (Paperback)
I wish this book had been around when I first came into the military. It offers a lot of insight to a civilian who is joining and only has a recruiter to rely on for factual information about career paths in the service. That is just the start. It offers many useful "need to know" facts about getting the most from your time in. Facts most of us just stumble on along the way.
Must, must, must buy for those looking to use the military as a foundation for a civilian career or a route to a college degree.

5.0 out of 5 stars In the military? You NEED this book!, October 4, 2005
Amazon Customer (Barksdale AFB, LA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Military Advantage (Paperback)
This is an EXCELLENT book for anyone connected to the miltary. I just enlisted in the Air Force, and I am SO GLAD that I read this book first. There are so many things in there that, especially young recruits, need to know to make sure they dont get taken advantage of. Being in the military, there are certain benefits you are entitled to, and if you dont use them, you lose them. Sad but true. Young recruits are often taken advantage of for nothing more than innocence and ignorance through no fault of their own. THIS IS A MUST HAVE.

I checked this book out at my local library, and once I realized how helpful it was, I bought a copy of it because its an excellent source of reference. I feel a little more secure knowing its in the house, and I can refer to it any time I need to look something up about my benefits.

I know I said its excellent for young recruits, but it even talks about retirement and VA loans and stuff like that, so if you are already in the military, you'll still find a world of resource in this book.

Military Advantage
Military Advantage by Lynn Vincent (Paperback - March 6, 2001)
Used & New from: $0.01