Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on January 11, 2015
Great case EXCEPT the foam has stuck to the drone and batteries where the thin top layer is glued to the base block of foam.
review image review image review image
 This is a review of the Heavy Duty Case for DJI Phantom. I received a free sample for review.

This is a fairly durable case for transporting your DJI Phantom. It can withstand pretty severe bumps and even drops. Inside the case a combination of egg crate foam in the top lid and form fit foam cutouts in the bottom will protect your Phantom from getting jostled around.

I've got the DJI Phantom I and this case lets me fit my extra batteries, controller, spare rotors with extra space for GoPro and accessories, I can put the Phantom in there with the GoPro attached which is very convenient.

The case has locking holes for use with padlocks if you want to use them and the latches can also be locked against accidental opening by a sliding toggle.

The are several problems with this case however.
- The rubber seal around the inside lip of the top comes out of it's track every time I open the case. This is a huge pain in the butt.
- The foam inside the case is several layers thick. The layers are coming unglued and everytime I pull my quadcopter out of the case, the foam comes out with it. This is also a huge pain in the butt. I have had to purchase a can of spray adhesive to reglue the pieces of foam back together so this doesn't keep happening.

I can actually leave the rotors on when putting my quadcopter into the case but I have to be very careful how the props are oriented before closing the lid or one or both of the rotors on the right side will get pinched by the lid as it closes.

My original review was 4 stars. I've lowered my rating because of the problems with the seal and the foam that only started becoming apparent after a couple months of use.
on August 24, 2015
Great quality and a fine case! only.... IT'S NOT for Phantom 3! The description says it can be adjusted for use with a Phantom 3. Adjusted is a subjective word... What they mean is you can CUT the foam to make it fit... Hopefully, but if it doesn't fit and you have cut the foam, I would assume your are S.O.L.... I have returned this and bought another case designed specifically for the Phantom 3.
on February 25, 2015
Overall I am impressed with how solidly this case is built. It reminds me of a pelican cases (if you know what those are you will understand) just not quite as thick in the shell.

The Good:
I have no concerns about my Phantom being safe in here, the overall dimensions are smaller than other cases which was what I wanted (for travelling with it) and it will store multiple chargers (GoPro, Phantom, external monitor).

The Bad:
The main downside is that if you have a Phantom that has an external monitor (like a 7" screen), that will go into the slot where this case shows the propellers being stored. Even when storing the props as indicated, the storeage location seems like an afterthough rather than an integrated part. The props sit at an angle and are not held securely. When putting the props you are using in there along with the spare set, it is really cramped and there is a large chance of bending one of them. With just a few modifications to the layout in the high density foam, it would have been very easy to created a separate location just for the propellers and then let this space be used for another accessory like a screen.

I overcame the prop storeage by cutting an area in the lid foam and using some Gorilla clue to attach some velcro straps to hold them, and the spare set, in place.
on December 22, 2014
This is a very high quality and well-built case. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is that the foam layers are laminated with adhesive. This wouldn't be a problem, except for the fact that my Phantom ends up with a bit this adhesive on it every time I pull it out of the case. It's rather annoying. Not a deal breaker, but I hope that the manufacturer can figure out a fix for this.
All-in-all, nice case!
on August 4, 2014
After investing in the Phantom and realizing it needed a good travel case, this one popped out as the most durable looking on the web.

After it was delivered as advertised I was not disappointed. Strong construction, great foam cut outs and well created locks.

Would/will recommend to any Phantom owner
on December 20, 2015
A very sturdy and large case. The Phantom 3 Professional fits into the case with rotor guards attached (who wants to re-assemble the aircraft every time you want to fly it?) I have a carbon fiber gimbal guard (Ripya) attached and it fits, too. This may be too large for most, especially when space is a premium. As I travel a lot, it should provide ample protection. There is ample space inside for a small tablet and addition batter backups, chargers and spare parts. Two lock points are located on the case for TSA compliant locks and the four snaps are heavy duty with slides for an extra bit of security.

Don't forget to place lithium battery warning notices on the case (discharged notice) plus some other personal identifiers or the case may walk (roll) away from baggage claim. Rollers could have been a little larger for ground clearance but the are suitable for the task, but not hauling over rough terrain. I've engineered a set of auxiliary wheels for that type of carting. It can also be used as a launch/landing pad.
on September 10, 2015
I wish I could have kept this case but I sent it back. It's very well made, looked rugged and all the compartments were precisely cut. Unfortunately they are cut wrong for a Phantom 3. Now before you remind me it said Phantom 2 in the Ad, I know that. However, it DID say that it would fit the 3 with some modification and several reviewers said it would fit. Wrong! The "Modification" is really the wholesale hacking away of material especially to fit the RC unit. And then after you get it to fit the RC unit there is all kinds of space around other parts of the RC because it is designed to precisely fit a P2 controller. So if you don't want to have to attack the interior with large cutting implements and then end up with space in other areas where it was already factory cut then DO NOT buy this case. Nice product, lousy fit.
on July 10, 2015
I recently purchased the Phantom 3 Professional, with an extra battery along with the Koozam case. The case performs well at securing the aircraft, controller and batteries.

Pros: Nice tight fit, solid construction. The hinges appear to be very strong and will hold for a very long time. The latches are also very strong, and report a very satisfying "click" when locking. I'm sure I could even be pretty rough with this case and the contents would be unharmed. The size is also pretty good, I traveled with this case without issue, putting the case into the overhead compartment of a 737, and an MD80.

Cons: The propellers must be removed for storage. Not a terrible thing, but you cannot remove them while the aircraft is secured in it's cut-out since the lid only opens to 90 degrees, blocking propeller rotation. Also since the lid does not open to 180 degrees or more, it is prone to tipping over due to the heavy lid. While the case is full, there is no issue, but when you start pulling out components you will soon move the balance to the lid, causing the case to fall over backwards.

Storage for the blades is also not easy, as there are no cut-outs that are quite large enough, so they usually end up sitting on top of the foam. The foam is a little tight at first for the controller and aircraft, but it forms to the contents quickly, however it seems there is a lot of wasted space. There is no room for the props, or prop guards, or any more than 3 batteries (Two in the foam cut-outs, one in the aircraft). I do store an Ipad shade in the cut-out that was too small for the propellers and it fits nicely.

Lastly, when my case arrived, the rubber gasket along the lid had lost adhesion. I re-glued it, not a huge deal, but worth mentioning.

Summary: I would recommend this case, but would maybe like an option to customize the compartments to eliminate some of the wasted space.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 1, 2014
Nice case. Fits my phantom 2 with the zemuse gimbal. I don't like the fact you must remove 2 of the propellers, thankfully DJI made that an easy task! If you get this case leave it open for 24 hrs to dry out or you may get black residue on your quad like I did. There's enough room for a monitor. Super rugged. Locks are heavy duty. I would buy again.