5.0 out of 5 stars A must read guide to understanding Generation Y employees, November 13, 2007
This review is from: Millennials Incorporated (2008) (Paperback)
If you saw the recent piece on 60 Minutes, you know that millenials are different. They have their own ideas of how they expect to be treated at work and if they are not, they up and leave and go to another company that will meet their demands. So what, you say? Well, watch out because a labor shortage is fast approaching and you are going to have to figure out how to motivate and retain millenials if you want to stay ahead of the business curve.

Millenials Incorporated is a great resource book that will quickly give executives and HR managers all the right pointers to not only motivate and retain millenials, but also to maximize the employer-employer relationship.

Author Lisa Orrell is providing on-site seminars and workshops to large corporations all over the country that realize this is a must-learn (and quickly) subject. You can have access to all of her tips and tricks and deep expertise at a fraction of the cost by reading this fascinating and helpful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read for HR and Marketing Professionals, November 13, 2007
This review is from: Millennials Incorporated (2008) (Paperback)
This is a great book to help understand the new generation, what makes them tick and how to manage them. This is the kind of information that a VP of Human Resources would love and I've already recommended this to several HR executives to help them with current recruitment efforts! Also very informative for marketers who need to understand this generation of millenials--working with them, recruiting them and marketing to them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Educational and Insightful, February 24, 2009
This review is from: Millennials Incorporated (2008) (Paperback)
Lisa's book provides profound insight on what is being coined the Millennial Generation -- the next wave of young professionals. She describes Millennials as having the potential to be the hardest working and loyal employees, but cautions you that they are often needy and require structure and constant feedback.

As a young company that will continue to hirer more and more Millennials, you can't afford to ignore the need to acknowledge this group and more importantly, you need to learn how to nurture these potential new team members. The work force is changing. Are you ready to change with it?

5.0 out of 5 stars Understanding the Millennial Mindset, March 21, 2008
This review is from: Millennials Incorporated (2008) (Paperback)
Lisa Orrell's new book offers fantastic insights into the millenial mind. If you are a manager, supervisor, or team lead with younger workers, after reading this book you will find you are able to better understand and connect with this segment of your team.

Have you ever been stunned to have a parent show up at an interview?
Are you frustrated that your new hires are already insisting on flextime?

If so, this is a book you need on your bookshelves!

Cindy Ventrice
author of Make Their Day! Employee Recognition That Works

5.0 out of 5 stars learn how to listen to GenYers -- essential for leaders, February 24, 2009
This review is from: Millennials Incorporated (2008) (Paperback)
As an executive and leadership coach of 25 years, my job is to get people to work well with each other. I read TONS of books about what makes people tick and Lisa's book is the best for understanding Gen Y. yes, some things about human beings NEVER change (articles at [...]) and some things DO change. this book helped me understand what's different about the Gen Yers. It is a super resource -- as is Lisa -- for me and my clients.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn About Our Future Workforce...Buy This Book!, November 13, 2007
This review is from: Millennials Incorporated (2008) (Paperback)
I always swore that I'd never say "These Kids Today..." in disgust because it meant that I was officially OLD. But there are times recently that I have found myself in conversations with CEOs and business leaders that are NOT the most flattering about the younger generation of workers.

It is alarming the kinds of negative assumptions and generalizations that many otherwise professional people have attributed in one lump sum to anyone under 30. We certainly didn't like it when those types of generalizations were made about us when we were that age. It's time to STOP this sort of backlash and find ways to understand and welcome the new generation into the workplace.

Lisa Orrell's book is just the ticket for gaining the proper perspective on the Millennials. This book includes not just great data about what's ahead but also has concrete tips and techniques for how to recruit, retain, train and motivate these young workers. It also includes some critically important information on how to integrate these folks into your present workforce and get more senior workers to adapt and welcome these newest hires.

I recommend this book as one of the very first and best to offer real-life advice on what it takes to integrate the future into your workplace now. Get yours today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lisa is Generation Savvy!, January 7, 2010
This review is from: Millennials Incorporated (2008) (Paperback)
[[ASIN:0978903005 Just Treat Me Like I Matter: The Heart of Sales]]I thoroughly enjoyed Lisa's Orrell's book, The Millennials Incorporated. For the past 40 years I have been deeply engulfed in my own study about, "what makes people tick." As I study the behaviors and patterns of human nature, new generations emerge. And now, no one has a better pulse on the characteristics of these new emerging generations than Lisa Orrell. She really gets what these younger generations are thinking and feeling, and where they are coming from. And she gives us aging generations tremendous insight for knowing and dealing with them. I have just written my first sales training book about "what make people tick," especially in the sales arena, Just Treat Me Like I Matter: The Heart of Sales. I know I possess a wealth of information for what I know and what I have to offer the marketplace, but Lisa has the ability to take what I know across the generations - a beautiful gift in itself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for HR Executives and anyone involved in hiring, November 13, 2007
This review is from: Millennials Incorporated (2008) (Paperback)
This book is the best resource I have seen on how to communicate, hire and retain the new generation of young professionals.
Everyone is talking about the generational differences, but Lisa Orell has done the research and has come up with practical, easy to implement solutions on how to effectively communicate and motivate this generation and how those of us from different generations (especially the baby boomers) can learn from them as well. This book is well-written and should be a handbook for anyone involved in the recruitment of personnel and for anyone who manages people. As a HR professional, I found the book not only educational (lots of aha moments!) but fun to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book should be called the Millennials Recipe for Success!, March 11, 2008
Millennials Incorporated
As a 20-year HR professional, and now employee benefits specialist, I found this book to be filled with great insights. Now I give it to clients as a gift and they always comment on how informative it was. It's an essential millennials recipe for success. Jenny Vonderwerth, HR and Benefits Consultant, CA Lic. #0E54998, Liberty Benefit Insurance Services

4.0 out of 5 stars My Job Just Got Easier, November 13, 2007
This review is from: Millennials Incorporated (2008) (Paperback)
As a high-tech hiring manager, filling open positions has nearly become a full time job because the competition for the right talent is so fierce. Millennials Incorporated gave me incredible insights into how this generation thinks, how they act and what they are looking for in their careers. It didn't take long to read and I am pretty sure my job just got easier. Thank you Lisa Orrell.

Millennials Incorporated (2008)
Millennials Incorporated (2008) by Lisa Orrell (Paperback - August 1, 2008)
$13.95 $13.25