5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Functional Chicken Feeder
All that I can say is: it works. I got it to feed chickens, and it does. I have seven chickens and it holds enough food to feed them all. It's a bit more than a foot in diameter and about a foot and a half tall, so it fits inside my chicken coop. Overall, it's a great product and it does exactly what I expected it to do.
Published on July 19, 2010 by R. M. Karl Jr.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Appropriate For Ducks
While good for chickens, when the description says "poultry," it doesn't include ducks. Not enough room for my ducks to eat!
Published on July 19, 2011 by William Durham

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Functional Chicken Feeder, July 19, 2010
R. M. Karl Jr. (Connecticut, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Miller 9112 12lb. Galvanized Hanging Poultry Feeder (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Chickens love it, September 22, 2010
I got this for my chickens and it's really good, used to have to fill my old feeder up once a day, with this I only have to do it maybe once a week. onlything I wish it had was a lid, sometimes water will get in the top and make the food mush, but that's solved by moving it somewhere with a roof above it.

4.0 out of 5 stars built tough but....., September 19, 2011
This thing is not cheaply made and it holds a lot of food. The only thing is that I hang mine under a small covered coup with open sides. When it rains all the feed is ruined. I halfway solved the problem by buying a large plastic bowl and cutting a hole in it to let the string go through and this covers the top somewhat. But, the feed in the trough still gets wet. I love miller products because they are well made and especially because they are made in America, and would give this a 5 star review if there were an option to buy an add-on top that was large enough to cover the ENTIRE feeder, trough included.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and long-lasting, February 11, 2012
JRSFYB (St. Louis, MO, US) - See all my reviews
The handle's shape allows for easy hanging which I haven't found with other feeders. It's lasted years with few problems. Once in a while, the metal pegs that hold on the bottom will slide out and the food ends up on the floor of the coop however this is usually when the feed gets low and the chickens are pecking at an unweighted feeder making it swing all over the place. I don't like plastic feeders due to the chemicals that can seep from them and this has been the best device for feeding up to 20 hens per day.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Appropriate For Ducks, July 19, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, July 14, 2012
I have used it for a year now and I love it. And so do my girls! It last about a week with my 6 hungry hungry hens. To bad it has no cover the sparrows make a meal out of this quick since I leave the coop door open all the time. I will put some chicken wire on to make it harder for them to get in and scratch the food all out of the top, should have done this a lot sooner.

PS. DUCKS CAN NOT USE THIS AT ALL! They cannot get their large bills into it. It is way too narrow. This definitely sucked because I wanted to use one for my ducks but it's definitely a no go. Duck owners beware you've been warned! Hence the 4 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy. I had to modify it to make it work better., March 4, 2013
My chickens learned that they they jump in the middle of it, they can get better access to the food. The food does NOT want to spread itself to the edges that well, so you have to shake it around and spin it to get the food to centrifuge to the outer edges if you give just a daily amount (to keep the rats away). If you fill it full, then it has no problems going to the edges.

But my chickens began to go dumpster diving into the middle of it, so I drilled 4 holes (at the dimples on top) and put thick metal wires through it and then tied metal cloth on top of it so they can't get in. It works well now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for our purposes, November 24, 2012
Angel Perkins (Independence, Mo. USA) - See all my reviews
We actually bought a much cheaper plastic feeder initially. We were not smart enough to assemble it properly (!), so back to the store it went. (Incidentally, no one at the store could put that darned feeder together either! Whew! Thank goodness it wasn't just us!!) This one is much sturdier, and though it took some minor assembly, even I was able to figure this one out! I was a bit concerned about water -n- varmints -n- such getting in through the top, so I bought some disposable aluminum pie tins (2 for a dollar at the dollar store) and put one on top. The handles go right though the aluminum and it's a perfect fit, so problem solved. It holds about 20 cups of feed at a time, so with our 12 hens we only have to refill it about every 2 weeks. We have more hens coming in the spring, so we'll most likely be purchasing a second one of these soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what its suppose to, January 30, 2013
A simple metal poultry feeder, works as advertised. Can hold over a weeks work of food for my 7 chickens with out an issue, the opening would definitely be too small for any large beak birds to feed from as others have stated but your standard chickens don't have an issue. Would buy this one again if every in need for another one.

4.0 out of 5 stars It Has a Lot of Positives, January 11, 2013
Brian Driver (Louisa County, Virginia) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I like this poultry feeder...it hangs from a double-ended snap under my chicken roosting area and seems quite durable and capable...I'm very pleased with it.

The only thing I would have liked better is for the pan at the bottom (hanging beneath the "bowl"-like feed container) to have a steeper slope to it. It's frequently necessary for me to SPIN the bottom part to force the feed work its way to the outside edges, so the chickens can peck at it. I think that if the slope were steeper all the feed would have a better chance to be where the chickens could get at it, without my help.

Otherwise, a good and durable product.

Miller 9112 12lb. Galvanized Hanging Poultry Feeder
$22.99 $16.51
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.