From the Back Cover
This new title in the groundbreaking Miller's Treasure or Not? series is unlike any other currently available guide to collecting American quilts. Much more than a pricing manual or an illustrated showcase of beautiful pieces, this indispensable volume is a master class in evaluating the amazing work of dedicated American quilters from Colonial times to the present.
A nationally known dealer and impassioned collector of antique quilts, Stella Rubin shows you how to look at quilts with a professional eye and identify those factors that add or subtract from value. Features that will guide both the novice and experienced collector include:
- A unique compare-and-contrast format
- Professional valuation secrets from a leading collector and dealer of antique American quilts
- Full-color photographs of more than 120 quilts
- Price ranges for every item
- Detailed instruction on how to assess style, condition, authenticity, and value
- Expert advice on how to store, maintain, and display quilts
About the Author
A native New Yorker, Stella Rubin is an avid collector and dealer of antiques. Ms. Rubin has specialized in American textiles since 1977. She has exhibited at major US antiques fairs and currently exhibits at the Delaware Antique Show (Winterther Museum) and the Chester County Antique Show. Ms. Rubin has sold quilts to many private collections and prestigious institutions such as the Metropolitan Museum of Art. She has also lectured on quilts at the Smithsonian Institution, the Museum of American Folk Art, and the International Society of Appraisers.