Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
A Million Dots Hardcover – July 1, 2006
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From School Library Journal
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved
If you’re the author, publisher, or rights holder of this book, let ACX help you produce the audiobook.Learn more.
Top Customer Reviews
1) Kids are FASCINATED with big numbers and the idea of a million dots running throughout the entire book is very appealing. I'm sure there will be some brave souls determined to count them all. (SPOILER: Clements does tell us it would take eleven and a half days to count each dot, one by one. This could be the perfect book for the kids when traveling across the country!)
2) This isn't just page after page of boring ol' dots. Instead, Clements uses them as a background for some nifty self-imposed images, which are quite whimsical and appealing to the eye.
3) Each page keeps a running total of the dots seen so far - how cool is that?
4) Each page also features a random dot number (which could be found on each particular page, if you are so inclined to count) and a fact connected with that number. For example: DOT NUMBER 134,000 - "A person blinks about 134,000 times each week." DOT NUMBER 464,000 - "It would take 464,000 school-lunch cartons of chocolate milk to fill a 20 x 40 ft. swimming pool. (Please pass the straws.)" And my personal favorite....DOT NUMBER 675,000 - "Like chocolate? To eat 675,000 Hershey's bars, you would have to eat one bar every two minutes, nonstop, for more than 234 days!"
5) The colorful illustrations in this book add so much, because without them, well, we're just looking at.......dots.
6) So many great random facts - perfect for impressing all your friends.
7) The millionth dot even gets its own page!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The book itself is terrific. Don't expect to get the poster with it. Some of these copies come with the "1000000 dots" poster but it did not arrive with the book as I had... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
It was not what I was looking for. I was looking for dot to dot I could work on,Published 12 months ago by James Williams