4.0 out of 5 stars Mirror larger than camera head
Published 2 months ago by Dominic G

Published 3 months ago by D Ethridge

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars For that purpose it seems to be pretty reasonable, clear high resolution video was pretty easy ..., September 18, 2014
This review is from: 2 Million Pixels Cmos 5m USB Waterproof Hd 6-led Borescope Endoscope Inspection Tube Visual Camera (Electronics)
I bought this item to do inspections on engines and other mechanical things that I work on. For that purpose it seems to be pretty reasonable, clear high resolution video was pretty easy to acquire with some software I found on the internet. I did not try to use the software included. You can adjust the led brightness easily with a nice wheel on the side of the USB plug for the pc. It was fairly easy to obtain a good view of most things I was looking at by adjusting the light level and moving the device back and forth to get the focal length right. The big disappointment was that this camera is NOT 8.5 mm in diameter as advertized, it measures 0.393 inches, which is 10 mm. I specifically paid extra for this unit because of its advertized diameter. There are places where it is supposed to fit that it clearly will not fit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mirror larger than camera head, September 27, 2014
I purchased this as a bore scope to inspect the combustion chambers in my engine. My engine uses 12mm spark plugs so the camera head just barely fit through the hole, as expected. Unfortunately the mirror attachment was slightly larger so it did not fit through the spark plug holes. Ultimately all I could see was the tips of the pistons and the resolution was not great.
For my usage it didn't work very well. However, the software was easy to use and I think it's a pretty inexpensive product that may work well for other projects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty awesome for the price., October 13, 2014
Pavel (Lake Stevens, WA, United States) - See all my reviews
This little tool is awesome.

For the price and simplicity of this tool you cannot go wrong. If you need anything more specialized, you can go and buy something else, but first give this one a try.

I got this one to inspect chimney from the roof and it is pretty good for it.

The only thing that I did not like is the cable does not bend and hold shape. So it is really like any USB cable, it will work nice if you can just drop it down somewhere. If you need to stick it up into something you will have a hard time keeping it straight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty little tool to have at your disposal!, July 30, 2014
I was pleasantly surprised when I took it out of the box, plugged it into my laptop, and started receiving high quality video from the start using standard web cam software. I am using this on a Dell Precision M4700 and can get "no lag" video up to 1280 x 720 resolution although I normally use it at 640 x 480. I was really happy to to find an Android app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.serenegiant.usbwebcamera) and am using it on my Asus Transformer Prime tablet also. I have used this for several inspection chores and have been pleased with the results. I have already shown this to several friends and they all have an immediate task they want to use it on. This is a product worth having in your bag of tricks. Caution - things do appear closer than they are! LOL.

If this one goes out I will replace it with another because at the price point it is hard to beat!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cam - Heats up fast tho !, October 21, 2014
Great camera, decent focal length. My only gripe is that the camera element heats up quickly to some high temps when the led lights are on !

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, as advertised., August 25, 2014
It works exactly as described. I plugged it into my Macbook Pro and opened Photo Booth. You may need to change the source. The quality is good but not excellent. The dial on the USB plug allows you to adjust the light and therefore the picture. My first utilization was to help diagnosis why my car AC problem. Turns out when they installed the new radio they inadvertently pulled a duct off the vent and that's why there was no cold air blowing out.

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright for the price., December 10, 2014
Plugged it in, worked with the included software.
DEFINITELY NOT a 2mp sensor. regular 0.3mp VGA sensor that lets you stretch the image to a larger HD size. 16:9 mode crops the image even smaller.
Focus range is from 1" to 5".
Capsule is 9.9mm not 8.5mm
Image is clear enough to read small print, LEDs are bright and the auto exposure doesn't blow out the image.
For simple projects this will get the job done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bang for my buck., September 26, 2014
Instructions are in Chinese. Software install is on a DVD - Who has a DVD drive in their PC anymore? That said, I'm using Windows 8 and it recognized the camera and I used the Windows app to take video and still shots of a clogged bathroom vent hose. Worked quite well. I did connect it to a wire hangar to help feed the camera up the vent tube. Missed the fifth star only because the instructions are not in English.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspecting closed up places has never been easier., September 18, 2014
Amazon Customer (We are all adrift.) - See all my reviews
I bought this to inspect the interior of my boat. There's a chamber between the hull and the floor and there's just a tiny little drain hole and since water was getting into it I wanted to take a look around. This camera did a great job, clear pictures and good information about that tiny area. I also ran it up the mast to check to see if my halyars were tangled (they are). Fast shipping and a very useful product at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Endoscope, June 12, 2014
Bought this to examine the interior of the diesel fuel tanks in my boat. Considering that the insides are covered in black slime, the images were quite good. Depth of field is satisfactory for this use. I am perfectly happy with the product, and with the seller. I recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›