5.0 out of 5 stars still as fun now as it was when we were kids
Published on May 2, 2001 by M. H. Bayliss

3.0 out of 5 stars They don't make 'em like they used to....
Published on August 29, 2007 by A. Zermeño

5.0 out of 5 stars still as fun now as it was when we were kids, May 2, 2001
This review is from: Perfection (Toy)
Even younger children can improve their concentration by trying to fit all these pieces in the correct slots. I thought my 4 year old would be discouraged by the time running out, but actually most kids think it's fun when the pieces explode, even if that means they are "losing." By helping your kids the first few times and then letting them try it seems to be the best way to get them interested. I still found it as much fun as it was when I was young. Probably best for 5 and up, but even younger kids will enjoy trying to fit the pieces in. If you don't want the "stress" for little kids, just have them put the pieces in without pushing down the board and using the timer!

3.0 out of 5 stars They don't make 'em like they used to...., August 29, 2007
A. Zermeño (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Perfection (Toy)
I absolutely loved this game as a kid. I figured my kids would love it just as much as I did, so I decided to purchase it. Just got it today; my 3yr. old thinks it's hilarious! I started out by letting her find and match all the shapes. She did very well, and then did it multiple times by herself. Only then did I let her in on the fun! Now she can't wait for her big brother to get home so he can play with her. My only gripe is that it's so flimsily made. I'm concerned because, already, the timer is stopping prematurely, which completely defeats the purpose (not to mention the excitement of screaming when all of the pieces pop out...)- did I mention that I just got it today? Anyway, I'm going to give it a rest and another try tomorrow...If it still doesn't work- I'm going to find a retro model, circa 1979 like my grandmother had. I had to give the fun and educational values of this game 5 stars, but the flimsy construction of this newer model is so disappointing that I can only give it 3 stars overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars 15 years later and still going strong!, December 1, 2003
This review is from: Perfection (Toy)
Hi, We purchased this for our son more than 15 years ago. Miraculously, all pieces have survived despite the fact that this game has always been in our "active toy collection!" Trevor is now 20 years old and our perfection game is still perfect. Our two younger sons are now using it. The game is a staple in our home. Still in tact, still in great condition. Challenging for all ages.
A sure winner!
Rosemary

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Educational, and best of all: no batteries!!!, October 11, 2005
This review is from: Perfection (Toy)
I just bought this game to play w/ my 4 yo son. What a blast! My son and even mom and dad had a great time with this game seeing who could get the most shapes in. I think my husband is going to stay up late at night practicing since I keep winning! My son giggles the whole time and I was amazed by his shape recognition. Two great pros of this game is the storage compartment that holds all the pieces and best of all, no batteries required! That is truly rare these days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased Mommy, November 20, 2002
Tricia "Olivia's mom" (Fort Gordon, Georgia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Perfection (Toy)
The game is for my son 8, but, my 2 yr. old daughter LOVES it. We play it together all of the time. The more we play, the better she knows the shapes, and of course the best part is when it pops up, she screams!!! We want a travel one now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Great after all These Years!, January 5, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Perfection (Toy)
I just purchased this game for my children for x-mas [their ages are 5 and 7]. We have played it several times in the past week and it is still the great game that I remember as a kid! The hand to eye coordination needed and ability to improve on completion times gives children an enormous sense of accomplishment. Definitely a "must-have" in your game closet. This game is durable, requires no batteries, and most importantly is fun for all ages, children and adults alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic!, October 1, 2005
This review is from: Perfection (Toy)
I loved this game as a kid, so I was very happy when my daughter recieved one as a gift for her 5th birthday recently. We were bummed when we opened it and discovered it was broken! Turns out a couple screws were missing, so we just got another one and it's been fine. We both love to do it together, so we are sure to beat the timer, and we take turns doing it alone as well. We both crack up when it pops up! Even my 3 yr old son likes to try and fit the shapes! A must have for Family Game Night! :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Will entertain even the persistently bored, July 13, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Perfection (Toy)
I played with this toy when I was a kid and loved its challenge and the sense of achievement when you've conquered it. Now I find even my persistently bored kids ("Mom, guess what? " "Ummm...you're bored?" "Yeah...")... are entertained by Perfection for long periods of time. Only drawback: the pop-up board mechanics may fail after a year or two.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy!!! Timer Doesn't Work!, January 30, 2012
This review is from: Perfection (Toy)
I Remembered this game from my childhood - back when thing were built halfway decent. I bought this game online for my 5 year old and the timer didn't work - would click down to about 30 seconds and stop. You have to bang on the thing to keep the timer going. Then I bought one from a local store.... Same thing - timer sticks. This is not a fluke - this is just a poorly made toy. Too bad - it could be a great game if they fixed the timer!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!!, October 19, 2004
MOM (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Perfection (Toy)
This game is great for all ages. My two kids ages 7 and 4 play this together. Sometimes they beat the clock and other times they don't!! They have alot of fun. It is great for fine motor skills as well as recognizing different shapes etc. Sometimes my 4 year old plays by himself and doesn't set the timer. He just puts the shapes in and feels very proud after he gets them all in their correct places. Great game!!

Perfection