on December 27, 2008
I have been looking to upgrade my tools for a while and was really looking at a Makita LT601 kit but couldn't find a happy price to make me feel good about something I did not need. (but I did here-later) I have also had Milwaukii equipment too. I looked at the Milwaukii kit at the local store and thought the kit a little to heavy duty for usual home work even though I am rough on my tools. I upgraded from a Dewault 14V drill even though it was fine I was never quite happy with it or its Nicad batteries.

Millwaukii offers two kits, this one and the same kit except the drill and lighter duty batteries. This kit is heavy duty and the hammer drill is massive. I have always used my drills as screw drivers and with a socket adapter as a power wrench. I will use the impact driver for as the screw driver and nuts and bolts and will just use the drill as a drill. The saw again is beefier than the Makita but handles as well. The recip saw seems good but I have not been able to use it yet. I think it will be great up the tree when I do the fruit tree trimming! The flash light seems flimsy and the switch is flush to the surface and hard to feel and activate but it sits and adjusts well. I'll be using the bag for the Gym.

I only got to use the kit on the last third of a project but feel really good about it. The triggers have good control but the lights are really gimicks in my mind. They shine from above the trigger so your always working in a shadow. I can see getting real friendly with the impact driver and see all the construction workers working around our new building using them.

The only thing I have to complain about is the fact the drill and driver do not have trigger guards. Of course neither do any other manufacturers. In situations where I need two hands and have put the drill in the crook of my elbow or my pocket and had the drill activate and get tangled in my cloths. I can see this happening in a tool bag/box too. This kind of strikes me as a safety issue.

Actually I feel real guilty getting this kit. #1 I did not really need it and #2 someone at Amazon really screwed up! When I bought it they had the price listed at $412! (happy price) And I did the Amazon premium trial for free shipping. A few days later I looked at the web site for grins and saw the price jumped to $535 and now I see it's $579.99 in less than a month! Hoo Boy! On top of that I canceled the premium trial. And It also came with a limited time mail in coupon for a third battery.

Bottom line; If I had not got this kit at a steal I would still be wanting a good cordless Lithium combo kit. It is a better kit than the kit I was looking at and not not that more expensive then the other kit normally. This is the kit I really wanted even though I didn't know it. Sometimes the Gods do smile on me.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 22, 2009
the drill, circular saw, sawzall, and impact driver are the best i have used. i beat my tools pretty hard. I'm a dairy farmer so they are not kept in the best working cond. and they are holding up great. the construction of the tools is awesome they are definitely heavy duty. the work light i was very disappointed in though.the button to turn it on is so small and hard to push you can barely turn it on/off with gloves. other than that the light is also nice.
on December 16, 2008
These cordless tools are in my opinion the best on the market. I have used Makita, Porter Cable and Dewalt which are all reasonably good tools. It is just that Milwaukee has always outperformed them. I am very pleased with this latest battery design and especially like the indicator to check battery life before getting in a difficult place and finding the battery is low.
on January 14, 2009
This is a great starter gift for someone who has no power tools. My son totally freaked when he opened his present and has been trying the tools out on everything!!