Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 17, 2005
I was looking for a set of hole saws that would cut through the sheet steel siding of a pole building, but the listing for this item doesn't specify the materials these saws will handle. Both the list price and the brand indicate good quality saws, but I needed to be certain. A search of the web finally found the following:

Milwaukee Bi-Metal hole saws are high production tools designed for cutting all machinable materials, including steel, aluminum, copper, brass, sheet metal, stainless steel, wood or plastic.

Assuming that the above is correct, this set of saws fully meets my requirements at a very reasonable price.
on April 27, 2014
I purchased these hole saws to drill precise holes with my Milwaukee right angle drill. I have used them on a number of occasions and they do a great job. They're strong and durable and stay sharp time after time. Great product.
on May 30, 2009
Milwaukee really hit a home run with these hole saws. I've bought a number of additional saws and built a 15 or 20 piece kit which I've used to cut through steel, wood, aluminum, plastic, and more. Clean holes, quick cuts, easy to get the plug out of the saw. All in all, a great set of saws. Very happy with the purchase.
on May 7, 2008
I got this kit,I've only used the 3/4 but I drilled 62 holes,yes 62 holes in 1"3/8 steel tubing .90 thick and still cutting great. I couldn't be happier.
on June 20, 2008
I bought my set several years ago and have used them at least a dozen times.

As to the customer who said "the teeth are uneven" - guess what! They're supposed to
be unevenly spaced; that way you don't set up resonances in the workpiece anywhere
near as badly (and can therefore get a clean cut even on things like thin aluminium).
Indeed, that's what 4/6 means in the "teeth per inch" - the tooth spacing varies
randomly between 4 and 6 teeth per inch.

These are the good stuff. I have no regrets and since I had to buy a second set for
the lab, this is what I got.

Note: this set stops at 3" diameter; you may want to get an extra saw at 3.5
and 4". I also bought another intermediate size for a special job I was doing; the
intermediate size fits in the case, but alas, the 3.5 and 4" does not.
on March 27, 2010
These hole saws are good for a DIY'er or for casual use. It's nice to have all the sizes available and organized in the nice case. The two bits help out with the larger sizes too, better than any other similar kit. The saws do dull, however, when used frequently. If I had to frequently drill holes of a specific size I'd get a different kind of drill bit. Also, these do not drill metal well and will burn up and dull immediately, as I learned when my buddy uesed a bit to drill a hole in a stainless steel sink.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2010
I fooled around with cheaper hole saws for years, then finally decided to get a decent set. This set definately has been woth the money. It has a couple diffrent arbors, one for the smaller hole saws, one for the bigger ones. Quick and easy change of saw size, and that chunk of material you normally have to fight to get out USUALLY comes out in seconds. I have drilled everything from wood to steel, and have great respect for the quality of this kit. Well worth the money.
on August 3, 2008
Purchased after using one of those removable blade holesaws. They are not terribly good. I do have a few other fixed holesaw bits but this is the first set I have purchased since. This set covers just about all the holesaw sizes you will need and there are multiple drill inserts and replacement bits too. Easily cuts through wood, plasterboard and even sheet metal. Durable and tough.
on January 30, 2007
This set is the closest I could find to the sizes we needed. Milwaukee hole saws hold their edge pretty well
on February 17, 2013
A very good product. Very useful in many types of work. I find the Milwaukee saws will last longer than their compeditor.