5.0 out of 5 stars Motorcycle Boot
Published on August 16, 2010 by dammjp

3.0 out of 5 stars Very over priced boots.
This boot is average as are most of the boots of this type on sale today being manufactured in China, the only really good above
Published 10 months ago by R. LEE

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Motorcycle Boot, August 16, 2010
I bought these boots for my husband just prior to him going on a long motorcycle trip. He said they were comfortable from the first time he put them on his feet. He forgot to pack a second pair of shoes just in case these rubbed a blister or made his feet sore but he found that he didn't need a second pair at all. He said he would recommend these boots to anyone thinking of purchasing a boot for motorcycle riding or as a work boot for that matter. These are a very high quality boot for a decent price!

4.0 out of 5 stars I like 'em, November 13, 2012
The biker boot style was secondary in my choice -- I'm useless when it comes to style -- got none. Its November and I need something warmer that Walmart cheap tennis shoes. I also wanted something with aggressive traction for the snow in New Jersey. I just couldn't find anything in a decent boot and that would include paying a premium price. Everything I looked at that seemed appropriate had a steel toe -- didn't want one. I couldn't find a good boot for the money. Most were too stiff and I didn't want to walk like Frankenstein for 9 hours a day. Like mentioned by previous reviews, these were reasonable right out of the box and on the second day they felt great. I wore boots for 27 years in the military. I know what it is like to wear an evil feeling boot -- These feel great and they are not too heavy despite the leather seeming to be quite ready for a lot of abuse.

Cons:
1. I'm being really picky here. The strap is fake -- well sort of... The buckle is attached with a snap so it'll pull off if you actually put any stress on the strap. However, this may be by design because you can secure your laces under the strap. It really sucks when you get a shoelace wrapped on your gear shifter and you fall over at a stop light and look terribly stupid because you can't put your foot down. If this is the purpose of the strap then its a great idea and it works.
2. My instep is really high and I can't put my foot into the boot with only the zipper down. I can however take off the boot with only the zipper down. I have feet that will not allow me to put on cowboy boots without them being oversized. If you don't have this problem, you'll be able to use the zipper which seems up to the task.

Pros
1. The flex sole is for real and it gives where it should. The removable insole is a good idea if you ever spend a miserable few hours going potatoe-potatoe in the rain. They'll dry out sooner. The composition of the sole holds well on asphalt even when it is wet. The lacing system is reasonable and functional and kudos for the little gizmo that keeps the laces even. The sizing is perfect so order the actual size that you wear. There are no tight spots and the lacing enables you to even out how snug you want them to be. I can wiggle my toes a bit and the airspace around the toes is necessary when it gets real cold. These are not ultralight but they are light for a boot built like this. I got my boots in four days despite the 5 to 8 day estimated shipping using the normal shipping choice with my order. I did well ordering these boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, September 24, 2012
Nice! Way lighter and more comfortable than the harley brake boots that I wore for years. Took a little longer than expected to "break-in," but were great once they were. Will buy again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very over priced boots., September 18, 2013
R. LEE "RLEE" (British Columbia Canada.) - See all my reviews
average boot that i have come across in this style is the ( Harley Davidson brake buckle ankle boot ) that i was unable to purchase in the size that i required and so i bought these ( Milwaukee Road Captain boots ). Which i find to be totally over priced for what you would expect at the price your paying, just a very poorly made copy on the Harley Davidson boots. Sorry to say that i would not
recommend this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars looks nice but......., March 30, 2014
Got wet early on and uppers came apart at the stitching. I glued ths t back together. Zippers kept slipping down and eventually both zippers broke apart. Soles are holding up very well still but needs to replace zippers with heavy duty ones and someone to sew the new ones in. Although very nice looking, just didn't hold up well for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice boot, April 4, 2014
James W. Coker "30YSquid" (Virginia Beach, Virginia USA) - See all my reviews
Sturdy boot that I used for Motorcycle ridding. Good support and comfortable. The strap has a snap underneath the buckle which makes connection easy. The boot is zippered so you don't have to mess with this strap. But as with any snap, if it catches on something it will pop off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, fit and looks for the price, April 19, 2014
I wear 9.5D size and they are just right for me. Solid quality and fit. They are just breaking in after a few rides but were comfortable right out of the box. I would recommend these.

2.0 out of 5 stars Love hate, April 9, 2014
I exchanged my first set when a couple teeth popped off the zipper within a week. Kudos to Amazon for a quick exchange. However within the first week of owning this second set, the decorative belt snap came loose while out . So I had no choice but to pull into a circle K and SUPERGLUE it back on to keep it from getting caught up on my motorcycle. So obviously I can't return or exchange them now. Anyways, the same popped off on the second shoe shortly after. More Superglue. Anyways, the shoes seem high quality but with a few cheap parts, I guess that's to be expected with Chinese made shoes? All in all, very disappointed to have spent over a hundred bucks on something I already need to replace.

Oh and others have said, they are pretty comfortable, for riding boots anyway, but have absolutely no arch support so you'll need some better insoles asap...

Buy a set without the strap, and maybe they'll be OK... Unfortunately for me the strap is what attracted me to these....

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, and look good!, March 14, 2014
Mark K. (Atlanta Area, GA) - See all my reviews
These boot fit well and I look forward to breaking them in and using them to ride! The buckle strap across the top is purely decorative.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice., May 15, 2013
real nice boots heavy and solid very well made comfortable first time you wear them great boot for the money amazon has great returns if they do not fit

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›