5.0 out of 5 stars How wonderful to see into a life so full of Him!
Published on August 21, 2006 by ab

2.0 out of 5 stars Confusing
I found this a very difficult book to read. I was lost in the story line and wasn't able to keep up with the characters.
Published 5 months ago by Jeff Benedict

5.0 out of 5 stars How wonderful to see into a life so full of Him!, August 21, 2006
This review is from: Mimosa: A True Story (Paperback)
I was so encouraged by this little book and so thankful the LORD had Amy Carmichael share the awesome way God revealed His love and character to Mimosa. What a rich and really priceless example of a woman's faith and what God does when we trust Him enough to look to Him alone for our life needs. The grace He gives for all He calls us to... what a precious and beautiful story exhibiting God's power and Shepherding love for his child in a dark Hindu culture.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing story highlighting the power of the Gospel..., August 4, 2009
This review is from: Mimosa: A True Story (Paperback)
I love Amy Carmichael's story and try to get as many of her books as I can. I bought this one quite awhile ago and had not read it... Once I picked it up though I couldn't put it down. I shed many tears reading this book as it challenged my faith and encouraged me at the same time.

It is a story of an Indian girl who lives her whole life, through persecution and trials of all kinds, trusting in the God of the Bible after hearing only a several minute explanation of His love. I believe it highlights how much power their is in the simple truth that God loves us! For us in the "West" we have so much and to be loved is somewhat taken for granted but for Mimosa, who would experience very little love for most of her life, this truth was revolutionary! She came away with an amazing testimony of God's provision throughout her very difficult life. It was a challenge to me to grow in my faith and trust in the loving God of the Bible.

I highly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mimosa, September 10, 2009
This review is from: Mimosa: A True Story (Paperback)
This is an amazing story of a lady in India who after hearing the Good News of Jesus Christ for only two hours, accepted it and went home to her family to lead a humble Christian life with no encouragement except from the Holy Spirit within her. She faced trialsa, persecution and ridicule patiently and unwaveringly. What a challenge to today's Christian who has it so easy! A must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mimosa, February 4, 2011
This review is from: Mimosa: A True Story (Paperback)
This is my fourth or fifth copy of this book. I love it and keep giving it away. I have probably read it 10+ times... but I never get weary or tired of how God shows himself faithful and awesome.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very thought provoking book, July 26, 2011
This review is from: Mimosa: A True Story (Paperback)
I found this to be an amazing, inspiring story, and well written. It is the story of a very courageous young woman and her spiritual journey. Amy Carmichael is a gifted author who writes in a style typical of the late 1800's - not a lot of sentimentality, and very straight-forward. This book would make an excellent gift for someone who is considering being involved in some sort of ministry - short or long term.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, February 18, 2011
This review is from: Mimosa: A True Story (Paperback)
Powerful testimony of the ability of God's Word for changing a life. Mimosa only hears briefly about Jesus, yet it is enough for the Holy Spirit to do a work in her heart and lead her to a personal relationship with God's Son. A quick read that will stick in your memory!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart Touching, December 15, 2010
A David Rawls (Roanoke, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mimosa: A True Story (Paperback)
The style is not great, but then it is a true story and most true stories are not great. It was encouraging and uplifting to read how God works even when we are not certain He is there.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is worth 5 stars, July 6, 2013
This review is from: Mimosa: A True Story (Paperback)
I bought this as a gift, because I have a copy and have always thought it exemplifies the potential power of God in His simple spoken Word for anyone who will fully embrace it and walk in it. Mimosa had the very bare minimum of that Word, but she embraced it and walked in it through extremely difficult circumstances, even though she didn't even know the Name of God. It is an incredible story and puts to shame any of us who want to feel sorry for ourselves in much less trying circumstances with much more light than she had. Amy Carmichael is somewhat inconsistent in my opinion in her writing style - sometimes brilliant, sometimes very weak and vague, but the message ultimately rates the 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unheard of faith., January 11, 2012
This review is from: Mimosa: A True Story (Paperback)
Think the pressure to give up is reaching a point that is unbearable? Try reading Mimosa. I look forward to meeting the subject of this book.
She is my hero and I am encouraged because of a faith so enormous, it is difficult to explain other than the God we seek is unfathomable.
Oh the riches of His fellowship.

5.0 out of 5 stars Convicting, June 5, 2013
Judy Pickrel (Bartlett, Illinois USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mimosa: A True Story (Paperback)
This book made me so aware of the many blessing I simply take for granted. When I think of the faith this woman had from hearing only a small portion of God's truth, I am compelled to live more fully.

Mimosa: A True Story
Mimosa: A True Story by Amy Carmichael (Paperback - September 1, 2005)
$9.99 $8.23