5.0 out of 5 stars It's About Time
Published on December 26, 2009 by Artemus Q. Kraig

3.0 out of 5 stars Sadly, Not Impressed w/Quality of this Collection
This is the first book I have come across which contained all of James Allen's writings and I was soooo looking forward to receiving it. Unfortunately, I have been let down; I am not impressed with the quality of this paperback edition. The print is small and the book is flimsy and will not be able to withstand the notations & highlighting by the enduring James Allen...
Published 11 months ago by L. Douglas

5.0 out of 5 stars It's About Time, December 26, 2009
This review is from: Mind is the Master: The Complete James Allen Treasury (Paperback)
This is the book I have always wanted to see published. James Allen was, in my mind, the forerunner of the many modern success teachers that have so profoundly influenced current thinking about personal achievement. I have read a number of Mr. Allen's books, but there were a number of them that I haven't been able to find in any format. This book has them all, including the classic "As A Man Thinketh", and a memoir by Allen's wife!

If you are a fan of "The Secret" and other books of this genre, You can hardly go wrong with this work. I recommend it highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Personal Bible of Wisdom and a Guide to a more fullfilling life., February 1, 2011
James Allen is a classic writer in Self-Help literature and this book is a TREASURE of wisdom. Since I've read "As a Man Thinketh" my life HAS changed for the better as I understood the point being made: my life is a mirror image of my inner self. It's not enough to just wish a better life - I need to strive for it in my heart, in my mind - change and mold my inner world and these changes in me will reflect in my outer world. Balance - without it, one is doomed to suffering. We have to re-align ourselves with our dreams and go for it - life is short, can't wait for things to get better, can't afford the excuses for procrastination we are all guilty of. The point in your life is not merely to know yourself but to make a better you, what you envision as an ideal you. As a society we've been mislead to believe that our salvation is in the hands of some higher authority - it was a creation of a slave mindset, one of dependency and thus of weakness, impotency. But we are not if we take the charge and assume the responsibility for our own selves. We have the beauty and the power within us as well as the ugly and the weak - the only difference is where your faith lies, you become what you choose. Our society is sick because we are sick. It's directly proportional. The poor state of affairs in the world is just a reflection of us en mass, the waste of the vanity we are guilty of. The world is going to change for the better when we ourselves are going to choose to grow into better beings, there's no other way. Choose your destiny. Jump-start your life. Evolve. Change the world.
P.S. I believe, we live in revolutionary times - there's a mass awakening taking place. I don't know if we are going to repeat the history (as we've done it so many times) but I know that if we learn to conquer our fears and understand the forces of nature in and out of ourselves, we'll be able to build a better living for us all. Good and Bad forces are within us all, they complement each other and give a meaning to each other - one is meaningless without the other. Two magnetic poles, two opposing sides creating the motion of time, the vortex of life. Perfectly captured in the Eastern philosophical symbol of Yin-Yan: duality, balance, inclusivity, attraction, perpetual motion, infinity, repetition.

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT BOOK BUT ITS TOO BIG!, August 30, 2010
this is a library of all of James Allen writings, and he wrote a lot! this is a phenomenal spiritual book, every line reads like poetry and its simply amazing that one man wrote all this amazing work. everything in it is spiritually true and profound. that being said, its like a thousand pages, long pages and its simply too much to read! it will honestly take years to read this book, but I like to finish a book within a couple of weeks of starting it! its soooo sooooo good, but simply too much content. I guess I may keep the book to read bits and pieces, but my advice to you is: there so much content that you should not plan to reading it cover to cover and don't expect to finish it soon after receiving it. simply embrace the profound passages you read from it, and read as often as you like. its worth the purchase and you will be satisfied with what you do read from it. but once again, its the whole library of James Allen and how fast have you ever read through a small library?!

5.0 out of 5 stars James Allen Treasury may be all you need., March 12, 2010
A Kid's Review
For years I have been looking for such a publication. It's high quality and the content is unsurpassed. Every paragraph contains immediately implementable practicalities for your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truth, January 10, 2011
This compilation of works is a great gift to humanity and should be read by all who seek truth. Although frequently classified as a motivational or prosperity author, his works transcend these limitations by pointing us toward our divine destiny as universal citizens striving toward our intellectual, ethical and spiritual ideal. Rising daily, before dawn, climbing a hill near his home in Ilfracombe, England, to meditate for hours, then returning to his desk to write with the pure aim of assisting in the illumination of the human consciousness and for overcoming our own self-imposed sufferings; he is poetic, profound, poignant and powerful.

Although more than a century has passed since his writings and some of his language reflects the syntax of his time, it is remarkably accessible for the seekers of truth. This large compilation of works is to be kept, studied and referenced often, for the acquisition and refinement of our intrinsic mental powers.

Deep gratitude is expressed to the publisher for this compilation of all his works, purely distilled, including those that have been out of print for some time. If this voluminous collection is too large and intimidating for the newcomer to Mr. Allen's work, please consider beginning with the smaller two book compilation from the same publisher; `As A Man Thinketh' & `From Poverty To Power'.As A Man Thinketh

I do not wish to disparage any work as all must have and serve their purpose. However, as 'The Secret' has referenced the works of Mr. Allen, I would humbly suggest that it is a distortion of the Truth that he has labored to provide to us. I would further suggest that Mr. Allen would not approve of the materialistic message that it puts forth. Nonetheless, 'The Secret' is acknowledged for utilizing our greedy western impulses to begin to light the small candles of understanding in our hearts and start us out on the path of comprehending our own divine nature.

5.0 out of 5 stars must have, April 24, 2010
j "dome" (Independence, MO USA) - See all my reviews
Everyone should have and keep this book. If you are at a place in your life to recieve what this book has to offer you will gain much understanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fanstastic, June 26, 2011
Simply the best motivational book I've ever bought. It has all the grit that you love about motivational/self-help books but absolutely none of the namby-pamby fluff that fills pages and pages of books today. I especially like the fact that this is the Complete Treasury of James Allen and not just a few book. This book is very large - like a dictionary or physicians desk reference but the size of it reminds me that I got a great deal. Thanks. Librivox.org has 8 of James Allen's books in audio format and are free for download (legal).

5.0 out of 5 stars calm book, August 26, 2010
i love james allens books, they are very calm and to the point. its amazing that this books where written long time ago but they are still applicable to today's life situation, in terms of how one thinks thoughts that should be entertained. i would say its a must have for a library.

5.0 out of 5 stars James Allen and William Shakespeare, December 3, 2011
J. Kelly (Feasterville, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I am glad to see so many good comments of people who recognize the genius of James Allen, 1864-1912. He wrote 20 books in his last 10 years and passed away just after his 47th birthday. He lived what he wrote about, before he wrote.

England should be known for two people - William Shakespeare and James Allen.

For those not familiar with him, may I suggest "As A Man Thinketh" as a starter. Only his original writing, and not someone co-authoring with him and exercising their own interpretation. I believe these are honest people that have been rightly infected, but are on an ego trip.

God Bless James Allen. He should be taught in every school. Handsome morality would be operating throughout the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind is the Master, June 28, 2010
Very large volume but very informative. I would recommed it for anyone who is having an identity problem.

Mind is the Master: The Complete James Allen Treasury
Mind is the Master: The Complete James Allen Treasury by James Allen (Paperback - December 24, 2009)
$19.95 $17.92