4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, educational, but can be easily lost!
Published on January 27, 2007 by Virginia E. Farrell

3.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, but too easy for 4 years old.
I was recommended by a educator. However, when my 4 year-old finished all the puzzles at the time she got it, and never wanted to touch it again. For the money, she played only once, it's kind of a wast of money. She found the game has no challege.
Published 9 days ago by Christina Shou

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, educational, but can be easily lost!, January 27, 2007
Virginia E. Farrell (Albany, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MindWare Block Buddies (Toy)
This toy is wonderful, very similar to the block patterns from my childhood. My children (ages 5, 3, and 1) all loved it, the older two building the designs, the younger "helping". I would definetly recommend the toy it's fun and educational for many ages- something that is important in our house. However, if you have lots of blocks in your house, these blocks (which are needed for the designs) WILL be lost and mixed up with your other blocks. We labeled the blocks, which has made keeping them separate possible, but unless you have a strict policy of not combining toys in your house (not as much fun with this toy) be prepared for some blocks to find their way somewhere else, thereby making it impossible to use the patterns.

5.0 out of 5 stars Block Buddies, January 14, 2009
A. Cooke (Asheville, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MindWare Block Buddies (Toy)
This is great for 5 year olds that don't need guidance. I used it in my 3 year old school class and found that the cards could be a little sturdier (bent, put in mouth, etc.) and that I had to help the kids more with the orientation of the piece. They were able to pick the pieces they needed, but weren't sure how to place them.

5.0 out of 5 stars KIDS LOVE BUILDING WITH BLOCK BUDDIES!!!, November 16, 2007
Clayton W. Hutt IV (Carrollton, Oh United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MindWare Block Buddies (Toy)
I seen an earlier review about losing the blocks with the other blocks in the house. I personally have always helped put the blocks back into the box they came in. (Which is a challange in itself. And can be great fun also for the child to figure out just how to get them back in the way they came. But I have always gave assistance in doing this. The box is great to keep the cards and blocks together and it's then easy reconizable when looking on the shelves for what you want to grab.)This is a HUGE hit with every small child whom comes to our home. My son has now sort of outgrew them. There isn't such a challange any longer. But I love the idea of the numbered cards. And #1 being the easiest level and then they get more challanging. And it's something I won't be parting with. But pulling out when I have smaller children come visit. It's just to great to get rid of...We're moving up to Time Blocks which is a simular idea of block shapes...With a timer for more of a challange. But I would recommend this to anyone whom wishes to have a great toy that challanges their child's mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Manipulative for Dementia Patient, February 12, 2013
Ann M. Healy (Bridgewater, VA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MindWare Block Buddies (Toy)
Bought these for father in his nineties who has dementia. Is good therapy and keeps him interested for over an hour at a time.

Enjoyable for kids, too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good educational toy, January 29, 2011
This review is from: MindWare Block Buddies (Toy)
It's a great toy but I think it depends on the personality of the child whether they're willing to sit and put the blocks together.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun for little brains, January 3, 2011
This review is from: MindWare Block Buddies (Toy)
My 3 year old is challanged by the level one's and my 5yr old can do them all but the level 3's and 4's make her think. Every one that sees them working on them joins in or watches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, December 3, 2011
This review is from: MindWare Block Buddies (Toy)
We first got this as a gift when my daughter was 4. She used it a lot. My son who is now 3.5 is loving it....I now use this as a 'no-brainer' gift every time I have to give a gift for a 2.5-4 year old. There are different levels which makes it fun.
When my son first played with it, I took away all the higher levels except the first level. I plan to introduce the second, third and fourth levels in phases.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 4 year old twin girls love it, January 5, 2009
Tiffany (IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MindWare Block Buddies (Toy)
My 4 1/2 year old girl twins love this. They sort their blocks by color and then replicate the picture. We got it at christmas time and the girls can play with it for 45 minutes straight. Keep in mind, they do have great attention spans with most of their toys. If your kids love this product they would also love Mighty Minds by Mindware.

5.0 out of 5 stars great toy, February 8, 2010
Laura H. Nichols (Greenville, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MindWare Block Buddies (Toy)
I got "block buddies" for my 4 year old grandson. He loves it! This toy allows him to play quietly while developing his visual preception and attention skills. It is a great toy to play with a parent or friend or alone. As a special educator who understands the developmental learning process, I highly recommend this toy. The only negative I found is that the pieces were smaller than I expected.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy the toy, April 18, 2012
This review is from: MindWare Block Buddies (Toy)
This is the second set I bought. My grandsons are 5 and 6, and I bought the second set so we could race each and build more than just the diagrams they give you. We have lots of fun with this toy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›