4.0 out of 5 stars A game for all
My family loves this game. The best part is that my older son and husband play it like the game instructs and compete to finish first. My younger son, however, does not like to compete. He and I just solve the picture puzzles and move on to the next. It's a great visual exercise either way!
Published on November 12, 2010 by Denise E Sciuto

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok Game
Overall, a good game idea (but not original). My kids (8 and 9) like the competition/race variant the best. The game doesn't really offer a lot of play options otherwise. It's great for a quick round here or there, but we've easily spent 20-30 minutes with each sitting... and nobody has gotten bored yet. I'd like the pieces to be higher quality for the price paid. They...
Published 7 months ago by F. Lastname

4.0 out of 5 stars A game for all, November 12, 2010
Denise E Sciuto (NEW WILMINGTON, PA, US) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A Game Long Overdue, July 28, 2011
This review is from: MindWare Q-bitz (Toy)
This game can be a beginning place for quilting, an excellent teaching tool for symmetry and fractions as well as teaching visual dexterity. I have used it both with my students and to teach other teachers. A tool well worth having in the classroom. If I had known how good it was, I would have purchased it sooner. As a game, its competition levels can be easily adjusted from a cooperative learning tool to high level competition. It is unusual in that it gives the edge to kinesthetic visual and artistic learner. It is an excellent tool to teach visual acuity and sharpens the powers of observation. There is much room to further develop its usefulness within the classroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good spacial orientation puzzle, March 24, 2011
Gnome Sane? (Southwest, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MindWare Q-bitz (Toy)
My eight year old son and I love this game; it is a good spacial orientation puzzle game that takes a minute to learn and forever to master. Each round takes only a few minutes and the playing area is very small (can even be used in the car) so its a perfect alternative to mindless cartoons and other TV drivel.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!, February 4, 2011
This review is from: MindWare Q-bitz (Toy)
When we first introduced this to our children (ages 9, 7,&6) they thought it was a bit difficult. Once we played a few rounds, they got it. Now they can beat both their parents in speed! They compete against each other to assemble the patterns first.

What a wonderfully thought out, learning game.
Our entire family loves it, and we've already given this as a gift to friends and their kids.

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Q-Bitz - Everybody's Favorite!!!, April 5, 2012
G. Sims "Husker" (Nebraska, Home of the Huskers) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MindWare Q-bitz (Toy)
The following review was written by Allie, one of my 4th grade students. Q-Bitz has quickly become a HUGE hit with the students in my class and many of them have asked for copies of their own. Here is Allie's review:

Q-bitz is a classroom favorite for my class. It's a great game for families. It also has some memory,and puzzles all in one!

Here's how to play:

First you need to set it up, take out the game trays and cubes, (the cubes should be on the trays, if not put them on the trays) according to how many people are playing. Then you make a draw pile. Take out all the cards and make one big stack, and when you're ready to play, just draw the top card.
Now you should be all set up and ready to go. One person draws the top card and lays it out on the ground (or table) for everyone to see. (Note: make sure all the cubes are off of the trays) Now you should see an abstract card. Your goal is to match that card by putting all of your cubes on the tray so that it matches the card. Each cube has a different shape/figure on a side. Now you don't just win by getting it right on the tray, you have to yell,"Q-bitz!" then you win if your opponents agree that it matches the card.
Another way to play is the exact way that I just told you, except you roll the dice instead of rotating them with your fingers. And the third way you can play is to draw a card lay it down, but don't start. look at the card for 10 seconds, flip it facedown, and recreate the card by memory. Then when you have it you have to yell,"Q-bitz!"
I absolutely LOVE this game. I would highly recommend it.

Pros: Sturdy wooden trays, and wooden cubes. Will last a long time. Lots of cards, 120 to be exact.

Cons: The paint on the cubes does chip off a little, and the abstract cards are thin.
But otherwise, it's a great game!!

Note: This game does not have a board, the trays are the game board.
There can be up to 4 players. (Blue, Green, Red, and Purple)
It has also won the "Major Fun! Award"
Brand: "MindWare"
Ages 8 and up

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this, February 17, 2011
This review is from: MindWare Q-bitz (Toy)
This truly is a mind expanding game. It challenges spacial relations and memory. There are variations on the mode of play and individual easy to hard designs. The winner of each round kept changing so no one felt bad, everyone had fun. The rules are simple but also adaptable. Choose the mode you like. There are plenty of design cards but you could also invent your own designs. Very creative game. The pieces are sturdy wood so they'll last a long time. I can also see where this could be used for therapy for patients in need of mental stimulation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Educational toy that is fun for the kids, March 24, 2011
This review is from: MindWare Q-bitz (Toy)
I wish there was a way to give 4.5 stars. We purchased this about four months ago, and the kids are really enjoying it. Even our two five year olds like to try to compete against big sis, and they are definitely getting better at it! While we love the fact that our seven year old is seeing noticeable improvement in her spatial skills, it's also nice to hear her ask grandparents to play with her just because. The three different kinds of play that the rules suggest can also be used to level the field when players have very different skill levels. (My husband and I often require strong players to "roll" the right configuration during every round to give weaker players a chance, for example.) The pieces seem likely to hold up well with time. The first thing to go will probably be the pattern cards, and I think drawing out new ones would be pretty easy if it came to that. Alternately, I bet you could even make patterns and snap a pic, and pop it up on the tv screen from the camera. (Currently, the cards are fine in our set.)

Based on what I was able to find in edu-stores, this is the best thing around for spatial improvement + fun. The only thing standing between it and 5 stars as far as the kids are concerned is that it doesn't use batteries and doesn't make any annoying- I mean exciting- noises.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great family game!, January 12, 2011
This review is from: MindWare Q-bitz (Toy)
My husband and I love to play this game when our 7 year old son asks. Unfortunately it doesn't take long for him to get frustrated by his inability to win a round. Despite his above average intelligence, he usually doesn't do well with accomplishing things under pressure (like racing us to finish this game) so we thought this might be a fun way for him to learn to think more quickly. We give him a headstart usually but he still gets upset. In another year or two this will be a really great game for us.

5.0 out of 5 stars MidnWare Q-bitz, June 21, 2012
This review is from: MindWare Q-bitz (Toy)
Awesome family fun. Gives parents great insight into their child's approach to problem solving & opens discussion for alternative approaches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Q-bit is a hit, May 12, 2012
Molly K. Remer (Cincinnati, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MindWare Q-bitz (Toy)
I had money to spend in my classroom, but didn't want a typical learning game. Q-bitz is wonderful for learning, and my 4th grade students don't even realize that they're doing something educational. There's a good competition that's created with the game. Very durable pieces...and it's easy to see if you've forgotten a piece somewhere when cleaning it up.

MindWare Q-bitz