Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Price:$22.95+ Free shipping

on December 31, 2013
We got this game for our 6 year old for Christmas, but everyone who came by for the holidays ended up playing and loving it. Our 6 year old wasn't into the time-race aspect of the game, but enjoyed making the patterns at her own pace and making designs of her own. Our 5 year old also really enjoyed playing, though it was really the adults who had the most fun trying to race each other. It's simultaneously not as easy and not as hard as you'd think it would be. It's just hard enough to keep being interesting over and over, and easy enough that no one gets utterly frustrated. It's a game that gets your brain working and I would definitely recommend it.
on January 27, 2011
I bought new toys for the house which included games,toys, and puzzles for my grandchildren (infant through 10), my 17 year old son, my husband, and me. The older grandchildren haven't tried this yet--they are too far away. I have played Q-Bitz against my 17 year old who is very fast mentally and with his hands as he manipulates the dice to make the pattern. I generally get beat him 1 or 2 rounds out of 10--and I feel lucky to get that! I keep playing because it is good for my brain, and I have considered playing by myself, but I don't have time. I do think it is something kids would enjoy by themselves if their opponents keep whipping them.
on December 26, 2012
The individual puzzles are fun and come in a huge variety of challenge levels. I was nervous that it would be above the heads of my 7 and 5 year old nieces but if I work with them, they get it and they love it. By age 8 they will be on their own. Therefore, it would help younger children if the puzzle patterns were revealed in the graph form to match how the final puzzle looks on the reverse side of the cards. This way beginners could do it on their own and then 'graduate' to the 'real' puzzle images without this aid. One small thing - the cubes could fit more snugly in the trays.
on January 14, 2014
I'm married to a brilliant geek and my 8-year-old son has his incredible sense with numbers and all things spatial. Not me. And yet, to my delight, finally, a game we can all enjoy. We have only played it a few times and yet I can sense my brain is adapting to it, forming new neural connections. I even beat the boys. Another huge plus is that you can pull this game out for one quick round or play as long as you like. One of my favorites. Also, you can pack everything into little ziplocks and take it easily on a trip to play in the hotel at night, etc.
on January 4, 2014
I purchased this game for my classroom and the kids loved it so much I can to get another to meet the demand. After a few weeks I had to purchase a 3rd game for my own house because my kids were constantly bringing the game home after school. It's a great game for kids and adults and there is an 'Extreme' version if you feel you need more a challenge. I like that it can be easily modified for younger kids so that the entire family can play together. If you have more than 4 in your family buy 2.
on November 28, 2014
Funny, I used to always win when playing with my 9 year old, and she didn't like it much. We recently played again, now she is 12 and beating me at it handily. Boy have her skills developed, and not from this game because we have not played in much in the interim. Or maybe my skills are heading south. Anyway, this is more fun now that she is a little older. We also like SET which is spacial/visual game. Q-bitz is a fun game which always has us laughing while we race to the finish now.
on December 30, 2015
Wow, what a brain test!! My 12 year old nephew has beaten all us old folks consistently. It's a lot of fun to play and we just stopped putting him into the equation when it came to win/lose. I would definitely recommend it even for older folks like us. It's a good way to keep your brain nimble. I would sit there and just work with the cards and make the shapes all by myself just to get that hand/eye coordination going. I would recommend it even for adults who like to do puzzles.
on October 20, 2015
I purchased this game after a recommendation my friend gave me. She bought the game when her daughter was at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota for a medical issue. The game is really challenging for both adults and children. My eight year old and fifteen year old simply love this game! While the concept is very simple; Who can complete the pattern shown on a card first?, it is easier said than done. This is a great game for all ages and teaches concepts pattern memory and problem solving.
on March 27, 2015
This is a fun game for kids and adults. My very puzzle-oriented 4 year old enjoys these a lot and manages to complete most of the patterns unassisted with ease after seeing a few examples, while they can be a bit frustrating (but a great challenge!) for my less puzzle-focused 6 year old. We don't do it as a race/competition with the kids, just a fun brain teaser. My husband and I also enjoyed playing the game according to the rules, focusing more on speed, memory, etc.
on January 6, 2016
After receiving Q-bitz as a Christmas gift, it has definitely become a new family favorite. The wood cubes are well made and satisfying to play with. The rules are very simple to learn, and the game can be enjoyed by all ages! I first tried the game out solitaire, enjoyed figuring out the patterns, and found it to be a relaxing activity. When I played with a group, I was surprised by how fast-paced and competitive it was! LOTS of fun!