Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Price:$9.95+ $6.99 shipping

on September 9, 2011
challenge your mind with color stix. Match the colors and count up your points. Can you break 20? 30? This game is terrific fun. We played it almost every night while on vacation with my 80 year old parents and 7 year old twin sons and all ages in between. rules are easy, game play is straightforward and the challenge is just right. This is a great family game for kids as young as 3, I think!
0Comment30 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2013
This game is extremely fun but the timer seems run out too quickly while you're concentrating on matching up the colors. The sticks are wrapped in colorful stickers and my only concern is that due the quality of the stickers, they will not last very long from all the handling they get during gameplay.
on May 13, 2013
I was really disappointed the fact that the color stix in this game were not painted, but instead, wrapped in colored plastic. I have noticed that on some there are bubbles where the plastic hasn't adhered to the wood. I like to take games with me when I go camping, and I worry that if this game were left in my camper in the heat and humidity, the plastic will just come off - we'll see. I think painted sticks would have been much better.
on February 15, 2014
I was very disappointed with the Color Stix, the colored paper was glued onto the stix & done very poorly as the paper had bubbled up in many areas. I should have returned it but didn't realize what was wrong until it was opened & unwrapped. Our family plays games with all ages & this game was lacking in many areas.
on October 10, 2012
I bought this game as I looked for something new to play with my daughters, 6 and 8. This game was easy enough to understand but moved enough to keep the interest of my older one. The game is durable and great to travel with since it's not huge. This is one that we can go back to over and over and still have fun with it. Two thumbs up!
on December 29, 2011
This is a must have game. It can be played as quickly as five minutes or less for one round, or it can be expanded to include several rounds. It is a back to basics toy. Just a bunch of wooden sticks. The object is to line up as many of the same color in a row. Strategies are tried out and success is built upon. (Or if a strategy fails, no big deal- lesson learned and you move on.)

I gave the game a 4 star rating for durability. Nothing has happened yet, but it would not surprise me if down the road, the paint starts to peel off of the sticks.

HINT: I am a huge fan of things made by Mindware and this is no exception. I typically find the items in their catalog and unless I am able to find a coupon code, Amazon's prices are usually better.
on June 23, 2012
Great fun for all. Have played with different age groups ranging from 4 years old to 50. You have a timer and you race to get points for lining up your colors with the minimum of points being 2. You have to align your sticks and flip them to make as many points as possible. A lot of fun and educational too. Would highly recommend.
on July 21, 2014
This would be a great game for families with younger children learning colors and how to match. Beyond 10 years old, there's not enough of a game here really. I'd like to try it with more people but, can't see it being much better. Not bad but, more for the kids than for my group.
on December 30, 2011
Quick to learn, fun to play. Buy one, love that this does not need batteries, just your brain :) my 6 year old enjoys this game!
on January 13, 2013
My 5 yo and 8 yo both like this game. Great for logical thinking, and it is amped up with a speed element.