CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Travel Qwirkle Board Game
|Price:||$14.24 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$0.75 (5%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- TACTICAL STRATEGY: Featuring a massive amount of in-game choices, including three tiles each of thirty-six possible color-symbol combinations, Qwirkle is the perfect game to hone player's tactical maneuvers, strategical planning, and forward thinking. Will you see the monolithic move that catapults you into first place?
- EASY-TO-FOLLOW RULES: An engaging game with easy-to-follow rules, Qwirkle is great for younger players. The rules of the game are basic: simply build lines by matching tiles based on either color or shape, and score points for doing so. However, the ability to build complex combinations will keep children interested and engaged, and challenge them mentally.
- GAMES THAT TEACH: Qwirkle is playable from early ages up, allowing young children and older individuals alike to develop and hone their spacial recognition, planning, and problem solving skills. Plan, win, and learn simultaneously!
- NO HASSLE TRAVEL: Qwirkle is the perfect game to take to a friend's house or on a long road trip, and our sturdy travel pouch makes it that much easier. Plus, Qwirkle is meant to be played without a board, making it the ideal game for when your on-the-go family is waiting in an airport or any other location.
- INCLUDES: Product comes with 108 wooden Qwirkle tiles, 1 sturdy travel pouch, 1 rule book.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
The game takes only 45 minutes or so to play, and is not so involved that you can't talk during the game. We have played with friends, with parents, with children, while waiting for food in the oven, at the beach, while watching TV, you name it. The game is fun, challenging, and can be done as a primary activity or on the side to accompany something else. It's fun, colorful, and makes you think.
The bag it comes in has some loose threads inside, and I think it is of middling quality, but you could always use a homemade bag or plastic bag if it breaks. At least it's much more versatile than regular Quirkle. Honestly, I don't see a reason to buy the full version of the game. The travel version is so portable, and the tiles are about the size of Scrabble tiles, so you're not really sacrificing size for portability like you do with some other games in which you have pinch your fingers together to manipulate tiny pieces. Quirkle is a ton of fun and the travel version slips right into a backpack and takes up no space at all.
The bonus is that you don't need as much real estate to play this version!
That being said, it should still be lots of fun and the designs are clear and sharp. However, the price of $20.00 for this tiny set seems a bit high.
There is actually no "board" to this game. You only need a flat surface to play the tiles. There are 108 small wooden tiles that contain six different shapes that are in six different colors. You can play the same color with different shapes or a single shape of different colors. The tiles in the travel version aren't much bigger than an adult's thumbnail. If you have trouble seeing small shapes, you might want to opt for the regular version of this game.
Once we learned the simple rules, which are clearly spelled out on a small pamphlet, we played this game for hours. The game is meant for 2-4 players, so some of the kids teamed up. The rule book gave great examples of the different strategies you can use to boost your points. The point leader changed often, and the games were always exciting.
Qwirkle is sort of like Scrabble with shapes/colors instead of words. You lay down tiles that go together to earn points (1 point per tile). Tiles go together in two ways: either because they match shape or color, and you can't duplicate a shape/color combo in a row (eg: not allowed to play two orange squares in the same adjoining row or column). If you can complete a line of all one color (in each of the 6 shapes) or all one shape (in each of the six colors) you get a Qwirkle, which is worth 12 instead of just 6! You play until all the tiles are gone, and the first person to use all of their tiles gets a bonus 6 points. The person with the highest score wins!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Christmas gift for daughter, she picked it out. Love the game and the pieces are a good size for travel. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Krosekrz
The pieces are not as nice as the original. I wish I would have add the money for the regular version. It is great if you really want to travel with itPublished 2 days ago by Boys4me
Small and compact. Perfect for travel. Wooden painted pieces are resistant to the elememts. Can fit a deck of cards or two in the bag along with the game.Published 8 days ago by Olivia
I got this because my son's prek curriculum recommended them. there are many ways we used to sort and play, from color to shape and he got a lot of pleasure out of itPublished 27 days ago by BarYo
A fun family game appropriate for including a wider age range at the table... like scrabble with shapes and colors!Published 1 month ago by AFK
Really great fun game ...we're not gamers... but Quirkle may convert us... Everyone ...family and friend who has played this with us likes it a lot... Read morePublished 1 month ago by PATRICIA W.