Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage  McCartney Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Retro Toys Deal

Mindcrime-influenced recommendations?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 12, 2007 9:32:55 PM PDT
Dave Barton says:
Please, this is my absolute favorite album of all time, and after being disappointed by OM2 (yes it was good, but nothing can touch the original OM), I am desperate for something that can reach straight into my soul like the original Operation Mindcrime album.

I've found one single song on AcidPlanet by a fellow named David Christoff called "Lift Myself Away" that is very reminiscent of OM, in my opinion anyway. Even if its just individual songs, can anyone suggest something to satisfy my thirst for Queensryche's infectious Mindcrime sound??

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2007 7:20:10 PM PDT
S. Martin says:
I would suggest trying the following:
Evergrey-In Search of Truth
They are a great prog metal band much in the vain of Queensryche Mind Crime era.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2008 5:58:57 PM PDT
I highly recommend the band Crimson Glory's album "Transcendence."
Both Mindcrime and this is very mesmerizing. You won't be disappointed.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2008 9:01:50 PM PDT
Dave Barton says:
Funny you should recommend Transcendence, I happen to have it. :-) I'm also quite fond of their follow-up, Strange & Beautiful.

Posted on Nov 15, 2014 4:28:16 PM PST
kelpbeds says:
Fates Warning will do the trick.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Sep 12, 2007
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Operation: Mindcrime
Operation: Mindcrime by Queensrÿche (Audio CD - 1988)
4.7 out of 5 stars (410)