4.0 out of 5 stars Great Med Reminder!
Published on June 21, 2011 by Smart Shopper

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty poor sound quality
Published on June 6, 2011 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty poor sound quality, June 6, 2011
Think twice about puchasing this for an elderly family member. The set up is really ineresting and the functionality is flexible, but the sound quality is really poor. There are interesting whistles and bells (such as a light that flashes until the user pushes it, thus indicating that the message has been received) However, if your goal were to communicate effectvely (and clearly) to someone, who may be in the next room when the alarm is sounded or were that person hard of hearing, this would not the item to purchase. Our family member could not understand what was being said, and it was right next to her. Even I felt that the sound was really poor. Everything sounded somewhat garbled. The speakers just could not deliver on the required quality or any type of elevated volume (too much feedback) This is not a good product....very disappointing. There just doesn't seem to be much on the market - but this is not what we will be using.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Med Reminder!, June 21, 2011
This review is from: Your Minder Personal Alarm Clock (Without Power Supply) - Record up to 6 of Your OWN Alarm Messages
I purhcased this for my mom, to remind her to take a very important pain med, and this alarm works like a charm! Prior to this alarm, she was forgetting to take the pain med every 4 hours on schedule, and now she is remembering (or rather is being reminded) to do so. The added benefit is that she "enjoys" hearing my voice reminder every 4 hours. I also set the first alarm of the day to wake her up in the AM, so I no longer need to call at 7:00 every AM! This is a great alarm to purchase for any type of regular pre-set reminder. If you are purchasing it for an elderly person, you will probably need to pre-set it up before you deliver it to them, as it might be difficult for them to do the initial set-up using the small levers/buttons on the back. But once set up, it is great and easy to respond to as the 4 top buttons are large, colorful and easy to push! I also got a chuckle when I set it up as the "quality tester" in the Chinese factory of origin left her voice on the recording(!)
I also suggest purchasing the power cord from the seller, MedCenter (Amazon does not sell it), as the batteries did not last very long and when they were finished, the clock let out a lound, shrill sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Clock!, August 6, 2013
Got this for my mom who has Alzheimers - helps her keep track of passing time, taking meds, going to the bathroom and exercising. My vocal reminders from the clock are great and she loves hearing me say "I love you" with each message.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect alarm, January 22, 2012
This is a great alarm. Quality is excellent and reliable function. The only thing that prevented me from giving it a 5 is that once the alarm is acknowledged and the button pressed, there is way to much useless talking that continues. There are times when I press the acknowledgement button that I need silence immediately. Not only is the information provided useless for me, there is way to much of it. In case there are really people who like/need this feature (for what reason isn't even in my imagination), an optional setting would then make it the perfect alarm. However, since everything else about the alarm is so great I am forced to live with this useless chattering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rhorae, May 4, 2011
Works great. We recorded our own messages. Very helpful for daughter with ADHD for morning reminders and even get ready for bed reminders. No more timers and beeping. I just ordered another one.

4.0 out of 5 stars No volume control??, January 29, 2011
This alarm clock is almost what I've been looking for. The feature of 6 different setting for alarm time with a beep or voice. It would be nice to have the volume control though.

5.0 out of 5 stars i love it, January 15, 2013
item is as described, it's quality made, so far it's holding fine and looks like it will last for some time.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good to have, April 23, 2014
There is nothing like it. I would recommend this to any one it has help my mom a lot it easy to use and to read

4.0 out of 5 stars This is good for our needs as my dad has Parkinsons and ..., October 10, 2014
This is good for our needs as my dad has Parkinsons and needs meds 5 times a day at very specific tomes to function well. Also its a lot of fun with the recordable feature. I took away 1 star though because it really isn't loud enough for my parents who both need hearing aids. I was shocked that there was no sound adjustment at all, just one volume. It keeps repeating every 5 minutes until acknowledged though, so that helps, they eventually do hear it. Also the sound quality is pretty rough...for the price I expected a little crisper speaker sound. Still though, a good product and it does help us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad to have it., October 14, 2014
The recording device did not work at first, it didn't beep as the instructions noted and no voice was heard when I tried to record a message. I tried it several times over several days. When I was preparing to send it back and boxing it, I tried the record button again, it beeped and I was able to record a message. I tested it several times and decided not to send it back. It has been faithfully performing it's task and we are extremely happy to have it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›