Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now Tikes

on October 17, 2013
I have purchased Elisha Goldstein's books, such as "The NOW EFFECT" and "A MINDFULLNESS-BASED STRESS REDUCTION WORKBOOK" ( with co-author Bob Stahl PHD ). I came across the book " A MINDFUL Dialogue" just by
coincidence while searching for a CD by Elisha Goldstein. A Mindful Dialogue is an absolutely resourceful book concerning the concept of Mindfulness. It is full of other professionals who are interviewed by Elisha Goldstein. It is the most informative book on how to cope with depression/anxiety/anger/stress etc. Elisha also refers to other scholars in between interviews who practice or were aware of the Mindfulness concepts. Having worked in the mental health profession for many years, I am working with Elisha's books for myself, and mindfulness does work. His writing is easy to understand, right from his heart and experiences. Because the Mindful Dialogue is one of my favorites, I was searching for a hard copy format, but unfortunately it is only available as an e-book. I went onto Elisha Goldstein's web site to find out if the book might be available in a hard cover format. I read about the purpose of this book in detail, and that all proceeds got to Save the Children who were exposed to tragedies all over the world. That is a great purpose, nevertheless I believe if this book would be available in hard cover format it would lead to much more funding for this great cause. So I contacted Elisha Goldstein via phone and wanted to talk to him why this awesome book is not available in hard cover. He was very receptive and told me that it has to do with the publisher, but if I can e-mail him with a good justification that this book should be out in hard cover, he will try and explore the possibility.
I will do so and hope that this wonderful resourceful book will be on the shelves in every bookstore in the future.
Thank You, Renate Saunders, Virginia Beach, VA
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2011
I've been using this book as a daily practice. This morning, I opened to a Rumi poem and then, to feel into the lesson, walked outside and breathed in the cold winter air. Taking that time out ~ that 2 minutes to appreciate the moment ~ set the tone for the rest of my day. The author has put together an amazing collection of luminaries that just ask for a few minutes attention and invites us to commit to our personal growth and happiness.

The book also has live links to find out more about the works of the interviewees, which is great for us curious folk.

Best of all, 100% of the proceeds go to Save the Children's efforts in Haiti and other areas of the world ~ people and places we so easily forget, but still in need of assistance.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse