5.0 out of 5 stars INFORMATIVE
I always enjoy listening to Dr. Kabat-Zinn. This CD presents a a very good reason to try mindful meditation. Kabat-Zinn has a very pleasing voice with easy concepts to relate to. If you are looking for actual meditations this is not the CD for you, but he definitely gives you a good place to start the practice of meditation with the breath. Highly recommend.
Published on June 3, 2005 by Wendy Thorne

3.0 out of 5 stars not what i expected
the guided meditations were good, but there was too much narrative on the 1st cd,luckily there was less on the 2nd cd. it was having his book read to me... too much info about his hospital work with patients.
there was no play list included to make finding the parts i like easier.
Published on April 21, 2012 by artist 1

5.0 out of 5 stars INFORMATIVE, June 3, 2005
Wendy Thorne (Regina, Saskatchewan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mindfulness Meditation - Cultivating the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful recording..., February 16, 2006
I've purchased a few meditation recordings over the years. This one is by far the most helpful. I've used it for myself and in groups. It is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mindfulness Meditation Practice tape, Series 1, Guided Body, July 23, 2004
I have stubborn chronic insomnia, often waking in the middle of the night. I have used Jon Kabat-Zinn's audio cassette (Series 1, Guided Body Scan, side 1) for years most often to help me to get back to sleep from the middle of the night moving forward. Recently, the tape finally wore out and I unsuccessfully tried another author's CD which prompted me to offer a recommendation for this tape. I appreciate that this Guided Scan is only spoken word which I find helps quiet my mind chatter as a music-only CD is unable to do. I find Kabat-Zinn's voice soothing and at a properly slowed pace (but not too slow)...think of when you read a child a bedtime story. The meditation is 45 minutes long talking you through relaxing your body and breathing step by step from your toes to the top of your head. Often you fall asleep before it finishes. Unfortunately, Kabat-Zinn only sells this Guided Body Scan as a pair of tapes/CDs combined with other yoga tracks which I have no interest in. I also had tried reading one of his earlier books, "Full Catastrophe Living" a few years ago but found that less helpful. Stick with the Guided Scan instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mindfulness Meditation, February 8, 2008
artquiltgirl (Phoenix, Az United States) - See all my reviews
I am new to meditation, but I found this to be very helpful. His voice is very soothing and the information very helpful. I loved it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Being in the Moment, March 8, 2007
Very good stuff. It reminds all of us how important it is to stay centered and balanced. It's helped me to begin embracing the moments of change in my own life rather than fighting against them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helps wife with migranes, January 9, 2009
Impressive feedback mechanism for my wife to listen to this and focus on relaxation and away from her migranes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mindfulness Meditation, June 29, 2013
I received the CD within a couple of days from the date I ordered it. I would recommend this CD to anyone trying to navigate through a stressful situation in their life or just wanting to quiet their mind. Jon Kabat--Zinn has a soothing voice and offers meditation segments in the CDs. The CD focuses on living in the moment and letting go of all things out of our control. I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mindful Meditation Tape, May 23, 2014
An excellent relaxation tape. I have used the Total Body Awareness Tape daily for about a month, and I have noticed a significant improvement in my mood and awareness. I strongly recommend this tape.
t

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect if you are just getting started, March 21, 2013
This is a wonderful two disc set for someone who wants a brief, but pretty complete, guide to meditation, and the potential benefits it can have in your life. The program lays out several of the exercises that are part of the Stress Reduction Program as Massachusetts General Hospital. They are easy on the ears and pack quite a lot of profound wisdom into those two little CD's. I've been listening to it for years, and still get a lot out of it. FYI, it's not religious in the least.
NOTE: This is not the old program (with the same cover) that used to take up 10 cassette tapes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful CD, March 12, 2011
This CD is an excellent tool for anyone hoping to learn about meditation and mindfulness. Jon Kabat-Zinn is the expert in the field. CD is very easy to listen to and very informative.

Mindfulness Meditation - Cultivating the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind
Mindfulness Meditation - Cultivating the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind by Jon Kabat-Zinn (Audio CD - February 1, 2002)
$20.00 $14.56