Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on February 5, 2016
This book is great! It brings forward all the small nuances in our eating habits and what we can do to improve them. It is written in an easy to read and fun format, which in turn, makes all the science talk more like story telling. Mindless Eating is a great read for just about any audience.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
My genetics are pretty good, so I've never been a "dieting" type person. I've never really watched my weight. And until recently, I had never really attempted to diet at all. But, after already being overweight by about 15 or so pounds, and then gaining an extra 30-some pounds due to doctor-prescribed, drug-induced steroids, I finally had arrived at the point to where I needed to lose (NOTE: At my heaviest, I weighed 192 lbs. – that's borderline "obese" for a man of my height (5' 8"). By the time I started my diet I weighed 183 lbs).

Due to my health, I'm not able to do any real meaningful exercise that can contribute towards any significant calories-burned. So, after doing a little research, I discovered that a PORTION-CONTROL-ONLY type diet would probably work best. After committing to such a diet (June 2015), I found MINDLESS EATING on Amazon. Although not technically a "dieting" book, but more like a book on the science behind food marketing and WHY we eat, it was exactly what I needed. I picked it up about six weeks after my diet had started. Since that time, I have steadily lost 3.5 to 4 pounds a month. That's a slow loss, but it's a healthy loss.

As of this review (Feb. 1, 2016), I have lost 27 lbs. in the last 7 months, and I'm well on my way to hitting the perfect weight range for my age, height and physical-makeup. I credit MINDLESS EATING for giving me the mental boost and an assurance that dieting WITHOUT EXERCISE, and dieting WITHOUT GIVING UP THE FOODS YOU LOVE, is really possible – I am living proof.

If you're new to dieting, have decent weight genetics, are in a position to where you're not able to exercise, and want an easy, fun-filled, no-nonsense, common sense read, then I believe that MINDLESS EATING is for you. Thank you, Mr. Wansink, for writing this book!

5-STARS Highly Recommended
on January 29, 2016
An easy read. Very credible research. Hits home.
on January 27, 2016
Great book and great service. Thanks
on January 27, 2016
I really enjoyed the studies and diet suggestions in this book. It's amazing how little changes to your lifestyle can help you lose weight instead of gradually gaining
on January 25, 2016
the book was as stated. content was helpful. good job.
on January 20, 2016
Great vendor, would buy again!
on January 16, 2016
Fascinating book about why we eat.
on January 16, 2016
One of the most insightful and revealing about what REALLY influences us to eat/over-eat.
on January 7, 2016