4.0 out of 5 stars Good story horrible editing
To start off I have to say the story was pretty good but I was going crazy with all of the grammer mistakes and incorrectly used words in it...its a champagne flute not chute. Maybe some people can ignore these but I kept stopping out of sheer frustration. Wasn't impressed with the ending either it needed more closure...
Published on September 3, 2011 by RomanceReader

2.0 out of 5 stars Absolute drivel
I rarely come across a book that I can't finish. This one was so bad that I quit halfway through. The dialogue was trite and contrived. The characters did not remain true to themselves, and I found them to be unbelievable. The author had a decent mystery going, but it was buried in an attempt to make the story an amazing romance too. It missed the mark by a long shot and...
Published on April 12, 2012 by Deborah

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great addition to the Fitzgerald Family!!, July 13, 2011
This review is from: Mine Until Dawn (Contemporary) (The Fitzgerald Family Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
"Mine Until Dawn" is book two in the Fitzgerald series. The Fitzgerald family is a close knit group with fierce love and devotion for each other.

Jade Fitzgerald has rebuilt her life. After growing up with a health condition and a failed marriage under her belt, she has chosen to take control of her life. Jade believes her life is complete. She doesn't really give love a second thought. Not dismissing it completely, just not allowing it to take control of her life. When she thinks she is being honest with herself she believes she doesn't need it.

Vince Knight is a man with a past. He has grown past his wild ways and has put his past behind him. A man that has seen much in life, probably more like too much. Reluctantly persuaded into helping someone from his past, he is reacquainted with Jade, a past school mate. Sparks fly from the beginning, much to Vince's frustration.

Jade and Vince are thrown together to discover the location of a stolen artifact. Vince wants to return it to his family and Jade want to clear her mother. Circumstances don't give these two a break and the action is nonstop. Passion between these two is instantaneous. Unfortunately, neither wants a long term relationship. Through their journey together they discover many new things about themselves and each other. Their love story is well developed and believable.

One great thing about this book is that you are introduced more extensively to the other Fitzgerald members. Ms. Walters in no way has clued us into who the next "victim" of love will be. They are all such wonderful characters that you can't help want more of them.

I'm trying to come up with the right words to explain my feelings about this story. While "Mine Until Dawn" carried much of the same humor, sex appeal, whimsical dialogue as "Slow Burn", it was not as strong. This story kept a steady pace. Keeping you involved with the plot the whole way. I felt like I didn't want to put it down, but I was able to

"Mine Until Dawn" is an excellent easy read. The book is well laid out and written. You can keep up with it even if you get interrupted. It's a steady read with steamy sex, suspenseful action and intriguing mystery. A perfect summer read that will consume your imagination and make you want more of the Fitzgerald's family.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four for Fantastic!!!, December 27, 2014
S-J "S-J Fountain" (Where the Army sends us) - See all my reviews
Aside from the grammatical and punctuation errors this story is AHHHH-Mazing. Well written, great character development and amazing continuation of the Fitzgerald line!

In this story a valiant man from the wrong side of the tracks (not by his doing, but his low life jerk of a deadbeat dad), falls for one of the beautiful, realistic Fitzgerald women, who subsequently falls for him. Her inner strength and his sexiness make for some great love scenes and some awesome banter.

The supporting characters, who you can read more about in the rest of the series, show up just enough to give you a solid idea of the inner workings of the Fitzgerald clan.

The ONLY reason I gave it a 4 was due to the grammatical errors and knowing how Walters writing improves in her later books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get enough of the Fitzgeralds!!, October 9, 2011
Michele (VIOLA, IL, United States) - See all my reviews
All I know is that I am wishing I were born a Fitzgerald girl!!

This story Rocked from the first page to the last. You learn about Jade and the hardships she went through with her marriage, how her husband belittled her and made her feel insignificant. Jade's inner strength to build up her self-esteem and confidence is amazing. Her devotion to her mother, never unwavering.

Mine Until Dawn is full of adventure and mystery...and let us not forget the steamy romance that you feel from the moment Jade and Vince first met. Jade keeps her guard up, but cannot deny the attraction she has for Vince. Vince cannot help his instinctive protection that he feels for Jade. A combination that is going to lead to the luscious romance that will break down all the barriers that Jade and Vince have both built around themselves.

Mine Until Dawn just isn't a romance story, it's got it all...mystery, adventure, murder, running from the law...it's just down right action packed! It will grab you and you won't be able to put it down. So read the first story, Slow Burn, and then pick up Mine Until Dawn!! Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Review Of Mine Until Dawn By E.B> Walters, July 25, 2011
I finished Mine Until Dawn in a 24 hour period. I have never finished a 400 page book before in 1 day. That speaks to the incredible writing skills that Ms Walters has. I started the book at around 11 PM Friday and I literally went to bed Saturday morning at 7 AM and got up at 11 AM and went right back to reading. I finished around 11 PM Saturday night. Jade and Vince had me transfixed to my computer reading. It was the best money and time I have ever spent with a book. Just when I think Ms. Walters can't surprise me she knocks me for a loop. I liked the fact that Jade gave as good as she got. I also enjoyed Vince's vulnerable side which he tries like hell to hide. They first meet at Jade's office were Vince ends up accusing (although in not so many words) Jade's mother of stealing something at a party she had gone to recently. Jade, like a devoted daughter, is outraged at what Vince has to say about her mother. As always, Ms. Walters throws us curve ball after curve ball to keep us on our toes. There is NEVER a dull moment in this book. I especially loved a particular scene involving Jade, her cousins Faith and Ashley (from Slow Burn), and Vince. I don't want to give it away because it is a very good scene but lets just say there is a very drunk Ashley and a very sexy Vince shedding his clothing. Jade and Vince are such a perfect couple that you start rooting for them from the very beginning. Every woman wants to prove to everyone else that they can handle anything that comes their way and every guy wants to prove that they don't need anyone or anything but with Jade and Vince you realize maybe just maybe it is just nice to be something to someone and to hell with everyone else. On a scale from 1-10 I give Mine Until Dawn 10. I really think I might like Mine Until Dawn better than Slow Burn and I really LOVED Slow Burn. I so can't wait for Kiss Me Crazy (The Fitzgerald Family Series Book #3). I am a fan of Ms. Walters for life whether it be her adult books or her YA books. Thank you for nurturing my LOVE of reading.

Link:
[..]

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the charecters in the story and great story line, May 31, 2014
Great story.I loved Jade in this story.She is one of my favorite heroines yet.She takes risks and isn't taking no for an answer from anybody.Even though she has a heart condition.Vince was a take charge never wanting anybody's help until Jade came along and he couldn't get her out of his system.It had lots of action in and out of the bedroom. Lol.More outside of the bedroom with all the fights and murders. The ending was perfect.Can't wait to read the next book in the series. I hope to read more about Jade and Vince in the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story, March 11, 2014
I enjoyed the story, decent romantic suspense. Is in dire need of editing. There are a lot of misused words, such as stalkings for stockings and "gnarling at his heels" instead of gnawing, which is very distracting.

3.0 out of 5 stars More of everything, February 16, 2014
Apparently, the fired editor is the one who edited this book, and no attempts have been made to correct many glaring spelling and grammatical errors, still rife in this book. Initially, I tried to overlook them, but it seemed to get worse, and created a perception of very sloppy, careless work.

Editing errors aside, this book is similar in overall structure to "Slow Burn", another book by the same author. I had rated it a 4 star, and was looking forward to another good story. I don't know if the familiarity with the format caused me to like this one less, or if it is just too hurriedly written, and not well developed. This was another mystery plus love story, but everything just seemed too "over the top".

The mystery side involved rare artifacts, vicious villains, killings, kidnapping, torture, and THE most gorgeous, smart, strong, capable detective (who isn't really a detective) in the world. And to add the love story side, he hooks up with THE most drop-dead beautiful woman in the world, who matches him in skills and abilities, but with a protective family and a dangerous secret. They are pushed to stick together, and misunderstand each other's thoughts and feelings, get angry when the other one doesn't do exactly what they should, yet somehow are falling "in love" even though it seems sex is about the only thing that is good between them. The sex scenes in this book were more detailed than I recall reading in "Slow Burn", so those who prefer not to read intimate details of sexual encounters between unmarried people should avoid this one.

As before, both the mystery side of the story, and the love story both suffered some from the attempt to cover both in one book. But this time, there was even less of a smooth transition between the two. I was becoming anxious for the book to end, but even so, I felt there were too many things rushed to completion at the end, and a lot of loose ends that were not cleared up. Maybe that is an attempt to leave an opening for another book, but I'm reading this one - and I want it to be a complete story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, December 23, 2013
Good book. Quick read. Good mix of suspense and romance. Book ends a little sooner then I would have liked

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great addition to the Fitzgeralds! I love this family!, December 17, 2013
After reading the first book in The Fitzgerald Family series, I fell in love. I love the dynamics of this family, how they are there for each other no matter what. I couldn’t wait to read the next book in the series and I’m glad I did. I loved Jade and Vince. I hope to read more about these two in future books of the series as well.

Jade has been sheltered all her life because of a health condition. Vince doesn’t want commitment, only to find what is missing. He wouldn’t mind a little action with Jade though. I loved the way these two fell in love and fought it and each other. The chemistry between Jade and Vince was combustible. The way Vince made Jade feel was amazing. The fact that he took extra time to make sure she knew how he felt and how much he enjoyed it. Since her self-esteem was in the crapper from her ex-husband, this meant a lot.

Ms. Walters brought these characters together and once again drew me into the family and made me love the all (with the exception of one bitchy cousin). I can’t wait to read more about this family and have already started book 3. Keep watching for that review next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy and sensual from the very start, December 9, 2013
Sexy and sensual from the very start, MINE UNTIL DAWN will leave you breathless until the end. The moment Vince Knight saunters in to Jade Fitzgerald's office it becomes known that the man is HOT! He's a high school acquaintance of Jade's: mysterious, sexy, dangerous, unpredictable. And we all love us some hot, mysterious men. But Ms. Walters has really created a GREAT man with Vince. He makes his mistakes, has his insecurities, and his "stupid man" moments, but ultimately he is a sexy, attentive, caring man. Jade's vision of Vince is stirring to say the least.

"His sinful and sexy voice alone, deep and husky, was unforgettable. It brought to mind silk sheets, intertwined limbs and sweaty bodies." (Kindle Edition, CH. 1)

The descriptions throughout are detailed and sensual, but leave just enough room for imagination. And the story line is an intense mystery marked by dangerous encounters. I absolutely love the mixture of intimacy, danger, and investigation.