4.0 out of 5 stars Good story horrible editing
To start off I have to say the story was pretty good but I was going crazy with all of the grammer mistakes and incorrectly used words in it...its a champagne flute not chute. Maybe some people can ignore these but I kept stopping out of sheer frustration. Wasn't impressed with the ending either it needed more closure...
Published on September 3, 2011 by RomanceReader

2.0 out of 5 stars Absolute drivel
I rarely come across a book that I can't finish. This one was so bad that I quit halfway through. The dialogue was trite and contrived. The characters did not remain true to themselves, and I found them to be unbelievable. The author had a decent mystery going, but it was buried in an attempt to make the story an amazing romance too. It missed the mark by a long shot and...
Published on April 12, 2012 by Deborah

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Review Of Mine Until Dawn By E.B> Walters, July 25, 2011
This review is from: Mine Until Dawn (Contemporary) (The Fitzgerald Family Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I finished Mine Until Dawn in a 24 hour period. I have never finished a 400 page book before in 1 day. That speaks to the incredible writing skills that Ms Walters has. I started the book at around 11 PM Friday and I literally went to bed Saturday morning at 7 AM and got up at 11 AM and went right back to reading. I finished around 11 PM Saturday night. Jade and Vince had me transfixed to my computer reading. It was the best money and time I have ever spent with a book. Just when I think Ms. Walters can't surprise me she knocks me for a loop. I liked the fact that Jade gave as good as she got. I also enjoyed Vince's vulnerable side which he tries like hell to hide. They first meet at Jade's office were Vince ends up accusing (although in not so many words) Jade's mother of stealing something at a party she had gone to recently. Jade, like a devoted daughter, is outraged at what Vince has to say about her mother. As always, Ms. Walters throws us curve ball after curve ball to keep us on our toes. There is NEVER a dull moment in this book. I especially loved a particular scene involving Jade, her cousins Faith and Ashley (from Slow Burn), and Vince. I don't want to give it away because it is a very good scene but lets just say there is a very drunk Ashley and a very sexy Vince shedding his clothing. Jade and Vince are such a perfect couple that you start rooting for them from the very beginning. Every woman wants to prove to everyone else that they can handle anything that comes their way and every guy wants to prove that they don't need anyone or anything but with Jade and Vince you realize maybe just maybe it is just nice to be something to someone and to hell with everyone else. On a scale from 1-10 I give Mine Until Dawn 10. I really think I might like Mine Until Dawn better than Slow Burn and I really LOVED Slow Burn. I so can't wait for Kiss Me Crazy (The Fitzgerald Family Series Book #3). I am a fan of Ms. Walters for life whether it be her adult books or her YA books. Thank you for nurturing my LOVE of reading.

Link:
[..]

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great addition to the Fitzgerald Family!!, July 13, 2011
"Mine Until Dawn" is book two in the Fitzgerald series. The Fitzgerald family is a close knit group with fierce love and devotion for each other.

Jade Fitzgerald has rebuilt her life. After growing up with a health condition and a failed marriage under her belt, she has chosen to take control of her life. Jade believes her life is complete. She doesn't really give love a second thought. Not dismissing it completely, just not allowing it to take control of her life. When she thinks she is being honest with herself she believes she doesn't need it.

Vince Knight is a man with a past. He has grown past his wild ways and has put his past behind him. A man that has seen much in life, probably more like too much. Reluctantly persuaded into helping someone from his past, he is reacquainted with Jade, a past school mate. Sparks fly from the beginning, much to Vince's frustration.

Jade and Vince are thrown together to discover the location of a stolen artifact. Vince wants to return it to his family and Jade want to clear her mother. Circumstances don't give these two a break and the action is nonstop. Passion between these two is instantaneous. Unfortunately, neither wants a long term relationship. Through their journey together they discover many new things about themselves and each other. Their love story is well developed and believable.

One great thing about this book is that you are introduced more extensively to the other Fitzgerald members. Ms. Walters in no way has clued us into who the next "victim" of love will be. They are all such wonderful characters that you can't help want more of them.

I'm trying to come up with the right words to explain my feelings about this story. While "Mine Until Dawn" carried much of the same humor, sex appeal, whimsical dialogue as "Slow Burn", it was not as strong. This story kept a steady pace. Keeping you involved with the plot the whole way. I felt like I didn't want to put it down, but I was able to

"Mine Until Dawn" is an excellent easy read. The book is well laid out and written. You can keep up with it even if you get interrupted. It's a steady read with steamy sex, suspenseful action and intriguing mystery. A perfect summer read that will consume your imagination and make you want more of the Fitzgerald's family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great addition to the Fitzgeralds! I love this family!, December 17, 2013
After reading the first book in The Fitzgerald Family series, I fell in love. I love the dynamics of this family, how they are there for each other no matter what. I couldn’t wait to read the next book in the series and I’m glad I did. I loved Jade and Vince. I hope to read more about these two in future books of the series as well.

Jade has been sheltered all her life because of a health condition. Vince doesn’t want commitment, only to find what is missing. He wouldn’t mind a little action with Jade though. I loved the way these two fell in love and fought it and each other. The chemistry between Jade and Vince was combustible. The way Vince made Jade feel was amazing. The fact that he took extra time to make sure she knew how he felt and how much he enjoyed it. Since her self-esteem was in the crapper from her ex-husband, this meant a lot.

Ms. Walters brought these characters together and once again drew me into the family and made me love the all (with the exception of one bitchy cousin). I can’t wait to read more about this family and have already started book 3. Keep watching for that review next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another AHH-MAZING story, July 8, 2011
I am crazy about E.B. Walters' Fitzgerald series. Slow Burn was AHHH-MAZING! And now she has done it again with Mine Until Dawn. I am usually reading YA. But everynow and then I treat myself to an Adult book.
The plot is amazingly written, with so many twists and turns you will find yourself hooked until the very end. I want to say the characters are believeable and relatable..but gah!! I haven't found a "Vince Knight" in everday life...maybe I haven't been looking in the right places. ;) I think Jade's strong willed character was my favorite character from the story. And I love how we meet more of the Fitgerald family, gets me wondering who's story will be told next in the series.
The author spins a delicious story that keeps you entertained thoughout the entire book. I found myself flipping through the eletronic pages itching to see what would happen next, who was behind the missing statue and when Jade and Vince would finally give in to their sexual tension. Great romantic mystery, thats tastefully done. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy and sensual from the very start, December 9, 2013
Sexy and sensual from the very start, MINE UNTIL DAWN will leave you breathless until the end. The moment Vince Knight saunters in to Jade Fitzgerald's office it becomes known that the man is HOT! He's a high school acquaintance of Jade's: mysterious, sexy, dangerous, unpredictable. And we all love us some hot, mysterious men. But Ms. Walters has really created a GREAT man with Vince. He makes his mistakes, has his insecurities, and his "stupid man" moments, but ultimately he is a sexy, attentive, caring man. Jade's vision of Vince is stirring to say the least.

"His sinful and sexy voice alone, deep and husky, was unforgettable. It brought to mind silk sheets, intertwined limbs and sweaty bodies." (Kindle Edition, CH. 1)

The descriptions throughout are detailed and sensual, but leave just enough room for imagination. And the story line is an intense mystery marked by dangerous encounters. I absolutely love the mixture of intimacy, danger, and investigation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get enough of the Fitzgeralds!!, October 9, 2011
Michele (VIOLA, IL, United States) - See all my reviews
All I know is that I am wishing I were born a Fitzgerald girl!!

This story Rocked from the first page to the last. You learn about Jade and the hardships she went through with her marriage, how her husband belittled her and made her feel insignificant. Jade's inner strength to build up her self-esteem and confidence is amazing. Her devotion to her mother, never unwavering.

Mine Until Dawn is full of adventure and mystery...and let us not forget the steamy romance that you feel from the moment Jade and Vince first met. Jade keeps her guard up, but cannot deny the attraction she has for Vince. Vince cannot help his instinctive protection that he feels for Jade. A combination that is going to lead to the luscious romance that will break down all the barriers that Jade and Vince have both built around themselves.

Mine Until Dawn just isn't a romance story, it's got it all...mystery, adventure, murder, running from the law...it's just down right action packed! It will grab you and you won't be able to put it down. So read the first story, Slow Burn, and then pick up Mine Until Dawn!! Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mine Until Dawn, April 3, 2012
After sweating my way through SLOW BURN...the first book in The Fitzgerald Series, I did not think that anyone could compete with the fire and passion between Ashley and Ron. I was so wrong..THANK GOODNESS!!

Ednah Walters has done it again. She has taken an INCREDIBLE story, filled it with passion, excitement, mystery and life lessons.

Jade is on her way to repair her life after her divorce and keeping her health in check. She does not want or need anything messing up her new attitude on life. When Vince comes into her life, things turn upside down. High school is not a good memory for Jade and "Vinny" making a reappearance makes life even more complicated.

You have to read this book to feel the emotions that jump out at you. Ednah Walters is an INCREDIBLE author. She sucks you into a book that keeps you wanting more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story, February 15, 2013
I had just finished reading the first book in the series and loved it so much I decided to continue enjoying the Fitzgerald's. The story didn't disappoint me, although more grammatical mistakes were visible in the book. It was nothing serious that could stop you from understanding the phrase, but some words misplaced and simple stuff that could be easily avoided by an attentive review of the book.
The book was long and it felt a bit dragged in the beginning and rushed in the end, but it didn't stop me from really enjoying it.
I love Jade. Her character is inspiring and strong, a true example of a woman. Also, I love Vince. Who wouldn't? He's dreamy, even with that cool exterior, he opened up to her little by little and allowed us to know him better along the way.
Now on my way to Faith's story :) can't wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars Impeling and Titalating !! A must read !, July 20, 2011
Jade Fitzgerald has everything she thinks she needs in life. After a failed nasty marriage, struggling with her weight and a bad heart condition she finds her life as a Art Historian complete.

Vincent Knight is hot, handsome and mysterious. He has been there done that and has seen things maybe he shouldn¡t have in his line of work, but he puts out that air about him that nothing fazes him. Vincent searches Jade out , she is nothing quite like he remembered, after a first brief ¡V slightly heated meeting he finds himself drawn to this beautiful woman who not only sends his mind wandering but his loin tingling.

Vincent believes that Jade¡s mother has stolen the Mayan artifact, and has approached her in need of help. But it¡s quiet not what he bargained for. They don¡t start off on the right path, Jade remembers the man he was from school and finds him big headed and demanding. Nothing has changed except his hotness is now even hotter!! ** grins ** swoon...

No where she wants to go right now, but she also can¡t deny the passion and desires that Vincent stirs within her. A rocky road for Jade and Vincent-both trying to avoid the passion and attraction they know they feel and also to find the artifact and move on with the lives they had before the drama.

Can they both go their separate ways and deny the chemistry between them?

In time Jade is added to the collection of beautiful things the crazy man is after, he not only wants the artifact but Jade by his side. Vince and Jade struggle with their emotions and passion and learn to trust each other to find the artifact and escape the deranged killer.

But at what cost?

My thoughts

Well I¡m a cover love Kinda girl and this cover defiantly sends forth what¡s inside the cover ** smokin**

Mine Until Dawn is a suspenseful romance filled with curve balls, twists and turns and a rollercoaster ride Im sure that you will cling to the entire ride.

Passion between the characters Vince and Jade will not only give you Goosebumps, but having you wandering where you might find a hotty like Vince. The steamy scenes will not only send your toes curling, but have you tingling in all the right places in anticipation and even chewing your bottom lip waiting for Vince and Jade to just get it on !!! Ednah has created undeniable electricity and chemistry between the main characters that does not overtake the storyline, but adds that little added bit of excitement ¡V to the readers benefit.

A riveting storyline that is well paced, chapters that flow smoothly with the storyline, no sudden breaks in the story, just a full on ride straight ahead.

Vincent will not only ruffle your tail feathers, but have you oggling the cover and maybe even a tinge of Jealously towards Jade... ** he surely is one hotty ** swoon !!! lol.

Jade is a slightly tortured soul but ready to move on with life, I enjoyed her character, kind and loving and very strong willed.

Mine Until Dawn is filled with a great cast of characters I¡m sure that will not only swoon over but have you wanting to kung fu just to help out! Suspenseful scenes that will have you gasping, other scenes you will be shaking in trepidation and sexy scenes that will have you reading briskly ** wink **

Ednah portrays her characters with depth and emotion letting the reader know exactly what¡s happening. The dialogue was brusque, clear cut and the suspense and action titillating, the romance sweltering. An ending I¡m sure will keep the reader happy and a great second addition to The Fitzgerald Family series. I eagerly await book 3 KISS ME CRAZY !!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four for Fantastic!!!, December 27, 2014
S-J "S-J Fountain" (Where the Army sends us) - See all my reviews
Aside from the grammatical and punctuation errors this story is AHHHH-Mazing. Well written, great character development and amazing continuation of the Fitzgerald line!

In this story a valiant man from the wrong side of the tracks (not by his doing, but his low life jerk of a deadbeat dad), falls for one of the beautiful, realistic Fitzgerald women, who subsequently falls for him. Her inner strength and his sexiness make for some great love scenes and some awesome banter.

The supporting characters, who you can read more about in the rest of the series, show up just enough to give you a solid idea of the inner workings of the Fitzgerald clan.

The ONLY reason I gave it a 4 was due to the grammatical errors and knowing how Walters writing improves in her later books!

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›