Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

on May 26, 2014
I think it's my daughter's mission to get every Minecraft collectible there is, as she recently conned her uncle into getting her the Redstone Ore here, after we just got her a few Minecraft shirts! The Redstone Ore is well-made, a decent size and looks just like it does in the game. This would make for a fun paperweight if you need such a thing. But the selling point- the light up feature, leaves a lot to be desired.

As you can see in the video, the light isn't very strong. Don't get me wrong, as I wasn't expecting this little block to light up an entire room or anything. It just seems like it should be a bit brighter than this, or it should come with a small figure, stickers, anything really. In the chance that you can't see the video, the Redstone Ore looks great in the dark with the little red pattern on each side lighting up. None of the light goes very far though. Whether that's because of how small the squares and rectangles that light up are, or because of the light inside not being strong, or both...I'm not sure. I expect the Diamond Ore to be about the same.

There are a lot of cool Minecraft toys out there right now. Little action figures that come with accessories, plush characters, blind bag keychains, foam weapons/tools, cardboard box heads, etc. This wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list if I made one for the best Minecraft toys. Especially considering the price. If it were half or even 2/3, sure. But even then, it's still disappointing to see that it doesn't really light anything up around it. It's mentioned in the product description that this is a 'night light display'.
on February 15, 2013
The block is made from light plastic and the red doesn't actually glow that much. It would be great for decoration but isn't at all good for a night light. First of all, it glows for 5 minutes and then turns off automatically. It's not super sensitive to the touch; sometimes we have to hit it hard to make it turn on or get brighter. Also, it's a light plastic cube that takes AA batteries. For $30 it should be an actual lamp. One you can plug in.

This item would be totally worth $10 to $15. Maybe even $20! But because of it being basic light plastic, insensitive to touch, and automatically turning off after 5 minutes, it definitely wasn't worth $30.
55 comments|203 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2013
This light is really nice, the three levels of light are great, I liked especially the touch sensitivity and the fact that it goes off automatically to save batteries. Would love to have a bigger one too, if they ever decide to make them.
on January 21, 2014
It turns off after a few minutes. Worthless as a night light unless your kid falls asleep within two minutes otherwise they will be very surprised when it suddenly turns off and the room goes black. They should not advertise it as a nightlight. That is false advertising. Would like to get our money back considering how expensive it was. I would expect to pay $10 for this, maybe, but not what they are going for. Seemed good online but disappointing once we got it.
on August 22, 2013
a bit expensive but it does work well. and the company was prompt in delivery. I guess I just feel for the money you were paying for the name of it.
on July 28, 2013
I got this for my 13 year old nephew - he's a huge Minecraft fan. He loves it. I think it's too expensive for what you get, but it looks cool and he loves it so I'm happy.
on October 14, 2015
This is by far the coolest night light Ive ever seen. My husband and my son are huge Minecraft fans and were both very excited when this product arrived. This night light is replacing our sons very bright, very plain night light. This is so much nicer. I really like that it has 3 brightness levels and is controlled by touch rather than a switch and I really like that once the light goes off it'll be completely dark in his room until he wakes up and taps it again. Last but certainly not least he loves the fact that he can carry the light with him to the bathroom and I love the fact that he doesnt have to turn the big hall light on and risk waking his infant brother or his Father who has to get up at 4am. I noticed some reviewers thought this wasnt bright enough, but I honestly have to disagree. I think for the fact that it is a night light it is more than bright enough and I am very pleased with this product. My sons other light was so bright that he had a hard time being able to get to sleep as well as stay asleep, because when he rolled over the light would be shining directly in his face.
on August 26, 2013
Works perfectly and love how it automatically turns off after a period of time. Anyone who has a child that loves Minecraft should really consider this for their child.
on March 18, 2013
My son loved it. Was much smaller than I anticipated. Great for a nightstand but not practical for an actual light.
on August 14, 2013
I got this for my youngest sons birthday and both my boys love it I always purchase from Amazon they have the best deals and prices