1,091 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Autistic sons best friend. Best Game Ever.
Even if it is playing with blocks in 2d rendered environment, it the best, safest, fun game you can get for your children, and your husband or even grampa. It is for all ages.

Published 18 months ago by Pink Breadsticks

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting
Even though this was a gift, my daughter tried it, and after figuring it out - it is a cool game. something to pass the time away.
Published 15 months ago by mommy

5.0 out of 5 stars Autistic sons best friend. Best Game Ever., June 4, 2013
This review is from: Minecraft - Xbox 360 (Video Game)

My children have been playing mine craft on the PC, the digital Xbox version, and even the mobile or pocket version for a year. This version that they can see, relate to, and not have to rely on virtual gaming is the best. For some reason, having this on a disc makes all the difference. It is something my autistic son can now relate to. He can just pick up the disc and take it with him to family or friends houses to share. Whereas before they were lugging their whole gaming system.

Anyway mine craft has greatly improved my sons social interaction, his speech, and his self esteem. He realizes that he is the creator of his own world, not only in mine craft but in the real world now. It has opened up so much opportunities for him. It has also taught all of my children the benefits of sharing, and the loving peaceful environments that do exist if only we could all pull together and build them.

You create your world. And there is no game lag with this version. Xbox live is not required. Yeah! You can build almost anything you want with the blocks. Especially if you play in creative mode. Then everything is provided for you. This mode gives you an easy play. Survival mode becomes a small challenge as you have to go out and work for or earn your items and blocks. You must dig for and mine your items. Example. You must first locate 2 sticks, and either 3 diamonds, iron, or cobblestone to make a pick axe that helps you mine blocks. In order to get the iron, you need a stone pickaxe which you make with sticks and cobblestone. The better the pickaxe the better at breaking and mining certain blocks that use to build other items. Or "crafting" in other words. Sort of like recipes. For food you must go catch a pig for pork chops, a cow for steak, find milk, sugar, egg, and wheat and make a cake etc. For the milk you need the cow and craft some iron buckets. The egg comes from the chicken you find. The chicken will follow you if you have seeds in your hand. Other options are for pets. You can get a dog with a bone and keep him. The dog must be nurtured and fed just like in the real world. If you get 2 dogs you learn you can actually get puppies. As for your health and house, you require sleep and food. If you go too far from your house and something happens n you die your stuff you collected may dissappear if you can't find it in time. So if you have a bed and slept in it, then when you respawn you will be beside your bed. Your stuff will be where you died. So the reason you might lose it. But at least in this version you can fly, and have greater chance of getting to your items before they disappear.

There is so much more you can do. I will be happy to answer any questions if you just leave a comment. This game is truly awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Minecraft Again, but Different Where It Counts, June 10, 2013
This review is from: Minecraft - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Anyone who has played Minecraft on PC knows what to expect from the game on Xbox 360. It's the same game, but there are enough differences to justify owning the console version in addition to the PC version.

Firstly, split-screen multiplayer. This is probably the biggest plus for the console edition. You can play with up to four players on your console, and those players can enter your game at any point as you're playing. You just need to be running the console in HD. (I use a generic HDMI cable.) It's great fun with friends!

Secondly, this edition cannot generate an "infinite" world. Whether above ground or beneath, you will eventually run into an invisible wall. Some will disagree, but I think of this as a plus. A limited (but still rather large) world means you can fill in your world map and explore in a way that feels more immediately rewarding, and you won't get lost as long as you have your map.

Thirdly, the vastly improved crafting system. No longer must you arrange items in specific ways on a grid (often having to look up the various recipes because it's otherwise too cryptic). When you enter the crafting menu it shows you the items you can make and what you need to make them. As long as you have what you need you just select the item you want and it's made! Simple as that.

Finally, the game looks and plays wonderfully on the tv and with the Xbox controller. As soon as you start playing it feels like an upgrade to the Minecraft experience, not a console rehash.

The only downside is you'll lose a lot of time to the game and wonder where the day went, but anyone familiar with the game already knows that!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Kids review 13, June 5, 2013
Tara Bricco (Tennessee, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minecraft - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Minecraft is one of My favorite things it's just so enjoyable. Great game although I tend to find myself moving my body instead of the crosshairs to place blocks. I don't mind but the world is only 630by630 blocks it is still pretty big. It does NOT have everything that the computer it is only Missing 1 Daylight sensors 2 Trip wires 3 trading with villagers (there are villagers) In creative there are monsters and Night. it's also four Player Split screen unfortunately it REQUIRES HDTV 720p screen resolution. Biomes snow mushroom forest desert cavern NPC villages cave I think that is all. All in all great game got for my Birthday I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Minecraft ROCKS!, July 25, 2013
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Minecraft - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Minecraft Is the most SPECTACULAR game I ever played!

I've first tried this game at Redbox.
Now I LOVE IT!!

You get to collect reasources to survive the first night.
On my first Day....

I spawned in a grass biome.
Then I collected Lots of wood.
I walked through the forest to find.. A VILLAGE!
At first I Had NO idea why there are so many houses around here but I wandered through every house to find a bed,
a chest full of items,a crafting table, and 3 farms with wheat ready for harvest.After collecting some wheat,
I went over to the crafting table and made some bread.Then I thought.Hey! I'm starting to like this game! Its now night.I rushed into the bed with a house.I am not a expert,but I sure don't wanna Die!I heard about monsters spawning outside at night.Next morning.I walked outside. a zombie was burning. Ahhh...Another day of Minecraft.

I REALLY reccomend you to buy this game u know?
YAY LOVE MINECRAFT!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars :), August 29, 2013
This review is from: Minecraft - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Get this game ONLY if you have an imagination period. awesome game, cant stop playing, too addicting and fun to give up, even more fun if you know somebody to play with online.

5.0 out of 5 stars You wouldn't believe it, June 4, 2013
This review is from: Minecraft - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Minecraft may be one of the greatest 21st Century games of all time. The things you can do in this game is unimaginable. You can go on an adventure to slay the dragon by yourself or you can add some friends to spice things up a bit. Not much of an Adventurer and more of an Architect? That's Fine! In Minecraft you can Play Survival Mode where you have Health and can deplete Hunger and the goal is the Do what ever you want. In Creative mode you can fly, have an infinite amount of blocks and build on a Super flat world so you don't have to clear out land. Also, you break blocks instantly! If you don't like to adventure and build than you can even just play PVP (player vs. player) on many death-match style maps that either you or your friends built! There is a way to download maps but I won't go into detail on that because is quite complicated. One thing that you may know is that the game is made out of blocks. It may look like a childish game with the graphics but I will assure you it is made for all ages (unless your 1). I'm 15 and I play it, older family plays it and my little cousins as well. It can be a Casual game or a Hardcore game depending on your play-style. I don't want to spoil to much for you so you have a surprise but if you want to play on Survival mode without all the Mobs (monsters) trying to kill you then you can even play on peaceful mode where it takes the bad guys out! I own Minecraft on both my Xbox 360 Console and my PC and I recommend buying it on the PC IF you have a good enough computer! to see if your PC has what is required type in on Google Search Can I run It and go to the first website and test your computer, It will tell you what you need. I say the PC Version is better because it has a lot more stuff in it rather than the Xbox because it is behind on Updates to the game. Either way, This is a must buy on any and all Platforms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Class Act, you can trust them!!!, September 19, 2013
This review is from: Minecraft - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
This game is especially addictive for children. The creative capacity of this is game is likely unlimited...DON'T BUY UNLESS YOU WANT TO SPEND YOUR DAYS PLAYING THIS GAME!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST. GAME. EVER., July 31, 2013
This review is from: Minecraft - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Literally, the best game there is out there. Pretty good for xbox, even better for PC. I would highly recommend you get it on either PC or 360.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game!, June 13, 2013
This review is from: Minecraft - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I liked that it was extra challenging and had more choices than the iPad version. Good graphics. Enjoying it a lot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sandbox Game, January 6, 2014
This review is from: Minecraft - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
For years I never understood why this game was getting so much attention. I finally purchased the Xbox 360 version on disk and now I know why. It is immersive and addictive and you have total freedom to do whatever you want. I was excited every time I discovered an underground cavern system or stronghold. I enjoyed breeding villagers, wolves, and farm animals. I enjoyed diamond and gold hunting. You never know what is going to be behind that next block! It might be a diamond cluster, or a stream of lava, or a sad faced green stick monster who explodes. There is so much to do in this game that no two experiences are ever the same. I have built a huge stone tower that reached the clouds, I have built a city in the sea walled off with stone, I have built a jungle village in the trees, I have built an underground city over a huge lava lake, and I have built a powered mine cart rail system that spanned the entire land mass.

I highly recommend purchasing this via a digital download because I have encountered numerous issues with the disk version. Problems such as locking up the Xbox when signing in to a profile and sometimes the game wouldn't load at all unless you rebooted the console. Also, you can't install this game from disk so if you want to conserve your console's DVD player you should get the digital version.

This game is a time sink. 4 hours will pass by when you think you have only been playing for an hour.

Minecraft - Xbox 360
Minecraft - Xbox 360 by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
$19.99