Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

Platform: Xbox 360Change

on June 4, 2013
Even if it is playing with blocks in 2d rendered environment, it the best, safest, fun game you can get for your children, and your husband or even grampa. It is for all ages.

My children have been playing mine craft on the PC, the digital Xbox version, and even the mobile or pocket version for a year. This version that they can see, relate to, and not have to rely on virtual gaming is the best. For some reason, having this on a disc makes all the difference. It is something my autistic son can now relate to. He can just pick up the disc and take it with him to family or friends houses to share. Whereas before they were lugging their whole gaming system.

Anyway mine craft has greatly improved my sons social interaction, his speech, and his self esteem. He realizes that he is the creator of his own world, not only in mine craft but in the real world now. It has opened up so much opportunities for him. It has also taught all of my children the benefits of sharing, and the loving peaceful environments that do exist if only we could all pull together and build them.

You create your world. And there is no game lag with this version. Xbox live is not required. Yeah! You can build almost anything you want with the blocks. Especially if you play in creative mode. Then everything is provided for you. This mode gives you an easy play. Survival mode becomes a small challenge as you have to go out and work for or earn your items and blocks. You must dig for and mine your items. Example. You must first locate 2 sticks, and either 3 diamonds, iron, or cobblestone to make a pick axe that helps you mine blocks. In order to get the iron, you need a stone pickaxe which you make with sticks and cobblestone. The better the pickaxe the better at breaking and mining certain blocks that use to build other items. Or "crafting" in other words. Sort of like recipes. For food you must go catch a pig for pork chops, a cow for steak, find milk, sugar, egg, and wheat and make a cake etc. For the milk you need the cow and craft some iron buckets. The egg comes from the chicken you find. The chicken will follow you if you have seeds in your hand. Other options are for pets. You can get a dog with a bone and keep him. The dog must be nurtured and fed just like in the real world. If you get 2 dogs you learn you can actually get puppies. As for your health and house, you require sleep and food. If you go too far from your house and something happens n you die your stuff you collected may dissappear if you can't find it in time. So if you have a bed and slept in it, then when you respawn you will be beside your bed. Your stuff will be where you died. So the reason you might lose it. But at least in this version you can fly, and have greater chance of getting to your items before they disappear.

There is so much more you can do. I will be happy to answer any questions if you just leave a comment. This game is truly awesome.
5858 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2013
Anyone who has played Minecraft on PC knows what to expect from the game on Xbox 360. It's the same game, but there are enough differences to justify owning the console version in addition to the PC version.

Firstly, split-screen multiplayer. This is probably the biggest plus for the console edition. You can play with up to four players on your console, and those players can enter your game at any point as you're playing. You just need to be running the console in HD. (I use a generic HDMI cable.) It's great fun with friends!

Secondly, this edition cannot generate an "infinite" world. Whether above ground or beneath, you will eventually run into an invisible wall. Some will disagree, but I think of this as a plus. A limited (but still rather large) world means you can fill in your world map and explore in a way that feels more immediately rewarding, and you won't get lost as long as you have your map.

Thirdly, the vastly improved crafting system. No longer must you arrange items in specific ways on a grid (often having to look up the various recipes because it's otherwise too cryptic). When you enter the crafting menu it shows you the items you can make and what you need to make them. As long as you have what you need you just select the item you want and it's made! Simple as that.

Finally, the game looks and plays wonderfully on the tv and with the Xbox controller. As soon as you start playing it feels like an upgrade to the Minecraft experience, not a console rehash.

The only downside is you'll lose a lot of time to the game and wonder where the day went, but anyone familiar with the game already knows that!
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2014
For years I never understood why this game was getting so much attention. I finally purchased the Xbox 360 version on disk and now I know why. It is immersive and addictive and you have total freedom to do whatever you want. I was excited every time I discovered an underground cavern system or stronghold. I enjoyed breeding villagers, wolves, and farm animals. I enjoyed diamond and gold hunting. You never know what is going to be behind that next block! It might be a diamond cluster, or a stream of lava, or a sad faced green stick monster who explodes. There is so much to do in this game that no two experiences are ever the same. I have built a huge stone tower that reached the clouds, I have built a city in the sea walled off with stone, I have built a jungle village in the trees, I have built an underground city over a huge lava lake, and I have built a powered mine cart rail system that spanned the entire land mass.

I highly recommend purchasing this via a digital download because I have encountered numerous issues with the disk version. Problems such as locking up the Xbox when signing in to a profile and sometimes the game wouldn't load at all unless you rebooted the console. Also, you can't install this game from disk so if you want to conserve your console's DVD player you should get the digital version.

This game is a time sink. 4 hours will pass by when you think you have only been playing for an hour.
on June 5, 2013
Minecraft is one of My favorite things it's just so enjoyable. Great game although I tend to find myself moving my body instead of the crosshairs to place blocks. I don't mind but the world is only 630by630 blocks it is still pretty big. It does NOT have everything that the computer it is only Missing 1 Daylight sensors 2 Trip wires 3 trading with villagers (there are villagers) In creative there are monsters and Night. it's also four Player Split screen unfortunately it REQUIRES HDTV 720p screen resolution. Biomes snow mushroom forest desert cavern NPC villages cave I think that is all. All in all great game got for my Birthday I love it.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2013
I liked that it was extra challenging and had more choices than the iPad version. Good graphics. Enjoying it a lot!
on September 25, 2013
Do you know how many days of sleep I miss from this product? Too many to care. I love this game. it was in excellent condition and arrived on time. :D
on September 19, 2013
This game is especially addictive for children. The creative capacity of this is game is likely unlimited...DON'T BUY UNLESS YOU WANT TO SPEND YOUR DAYS PLAYING THIS GAME!
on August 29, 2013
Get this game ONLY if you have an imagination period. awesome game, cant stop playing, too addicting and fun to give up, even more fun if you know somebody to play with online.
on July 25, 2013
Minecraft Is the most SPECTACULAR game I ever played!

I've first tried this game at Redbox.

You get to collect reasources to survive the first night.
On my first Day....

I spawned in a grass biome.
Then I collected Lots of wood.
I walked through the forest to find.. A VILLAGE!
At first I Had NO idea why there are so many houses around here but I wandered through every house to find a bed,
a chest full of items,a crafting table, and 3 farms with wheat ready for harvest.After collecting some wheat,
I went over to the crafting table and made some bread.Then I thought.Hey! I'm starting to like this game! Its now night.I rushed into the bed with a house.I am not a expert,but I sure don't wanna Die!I heard about monsters spawning outside at night.Next morning.I walked outside. a zombie was burning. Ahhh...Another day of Minecraft.

I REALLY reccomend you to buy this game u know?
on October 16, 2013
MCXB 360 this awesome. Nice but they could add horses but still fun!!!! :) So you should get it. Awesome