4.0 out of 5 stars Worked as described Company requested feedback
I always like when a company makes sure that everything went as expected. In my case it was easy. I bought this for my AOC monitor thinking that I needed a cable (it was on the RECOMMENDED list after buying the monitor) . It plugged in and worked fine for the five minutes I used it. Thing was that I didnt need it. AOC provides the same exact cable.

I lose...
Published on December 26, 2012 by Jeremy C

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustrated
Published 5 months ago by L Passamonte

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked as described Company requested feedback, December 26, 2012
This review is from: 3 ft. USB 2.0 A Male to A Male and Mini-B 5-Pin Male Y Power Booster Cable for 2.5" External Hard Drives and Hubs, Manhattan 306041 (Personal Computers)

I lose things often so I kept it just in case.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Key to Long Hard Drive life, November 19, 2012
lj (Charlotte, NC) - See all my reviews
I have a Verbatim 500GB HD that I bought well over a year ago after my Toshiba died. I started having the very same problem with the Verbatim until I bought this cable. I believe this cable (along with proper partitioning)has helped keep my drive healthy. The original cables are under powered and/or many computers don't adequately supply enough power to the drive due to fuse tolerance.

I connect to many different computers and this cable gives me the extra protection with those computers that might cause problems.

I agree with the others who complain about the size of the usb head but it's not a big deal although it is annoying.

When I buy another HD, I will be buying this cord again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustrated, July 20, 2014
Haven't even unpacked it. Unfortunately, your description of the monitor, or lack thereof, led me to believe there was no USB cable included with it and that was the only reason for my purchasing it. When I unpacked the monitor I found there was a USB cable included so the purchase of this particular cable was "unnecessary". Also unfortunately, it's too much a pain in the ___ to go through the process of returning the cable and not cost effective to do so. Not very happy about this part of my purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars The cable does a great job. I found that I actually didn't need ..., June 29, 2014
The cable does a great job. I found that I actually didn't need to buy this product, one actually came in the box with the monitor. However, I plan to keep it just in case I ever need a spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Product works as expected, January 5, 2014
Heavy duty wires and the wires have good protection at the flex point. These cords look and perform exactly as advertised.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a cable, December 25, 2012
This USB Y cable works great for my USB monitor. Shipped fast and came as described. Would definitely recommend to others.

3.0 out of 5 stars the y is on the short side, March 21, 2012
This cable will only work if both USB ports are next to each other. If they are on opposite sides of a laptop, the cable will not reach.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, August 20, 2011
I couldn't be happier with the service. The cable I received initially didn't fit into the small opening in the Seagate drive housing. I noted my displeasure and received a phone call from the company within minutes! They sent me a different cable at no charge. Although the replacement cable had the same problem that the first cable had, I was able to modify the cable end so that it could fit into the unique opening. I would certainly do business with these folks again and encourage others to do the same.

4.0 out of 5 stars hard to mess up cables, June 9, 2011
The cables work with my Simpletech 160GB portable drive, which is why I needed them. They replace the original ones, which the cat chewed off.
UPDATE (July 5, 2011): Took one star off because I just noticed that the plug is wider than normal, which makes it not fit side by side with another USB plug. Other than that it works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars special cable, September 11, 2010
Needed this type of cable for my external hard-drive. Delivery was prompt, and works great.