Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 3 ft. USB 2.0 A Male to A Male and Mini-B 5-Pin Male Y Power Booster Cable for 2.5" External Hard Drives and Hubs, Manhattan 306041
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 26, 2012
I always like when a company makes sure that everything went as expected. In my case it was easy. I bought this for my AOC monitor thinking that I needed a cable (it was on the RECOMMENDED list after buying the monitor) . It plugged in and worked fine for the five minutes I used it. Thing was that I didnt need it. AOC provides the same exact cable.

I lose things often so I kept it just in case.
on June 9, 2011
The cables work with my Simpletech 160GB portable drive, which is why I needed them. They replace the original ones, which the cat chewed off.
UPDATE (July 5, 2011): Took one star off because I just noticed that the plug is wider than normal, which makes it not fit side by side with another USB plug. Other than that it works well.
on August 20, 2011
I couldn't be happier with the service. The cable I received initially didn't fit into the small opening in the Seagate drive housing. I noted my displeasure and received a phone call from the company within minutes! They sent me a different cable at no charge. Although the replacement cable had the same problem that the first cable had, I was able to modify the cable end so that it could fit into the unique opening. I would certainly do business with these folks again and encourage others to do the same.
on November 19, 2012
I have a Verbatim 500GB HD that I bought well over a year ago after my Toshiba died. I started having the very same problem with the Verbatim until I bought this cable. I believe this cable (along with proper partitioning)has helped keep my drive healthy. The original cables are under powered and/or many computers don't adequately supply enough power to the drive due to fuse tolerance.

I connect to many different computers and this cable gives me the extra protection with those computers that might cause problems.

I agree with the others who complain about the size of the usb head but it's not a big deal although it is annoying.

When I buy another HD, I will be buying this cord again.
on January 12, 2013
I ordered the extra USB cable on Amazon recommendation and on the assumption that it will be needed because the USB cable does not come with the external USB monitor that I ordered. It turned out that the monitor is already shipped with the cable and I do not need the extra cable recommended by Amazon. It is a scam if you trust Amazon recommendation. I would stay away from Amazon recommendation and just order the item you want. We just wasted our money ordering that extra cable.
on March 21, 2012
This cable will only work if both USB ports are next to each other. If they are on opposite sides of a laptop, the cable will not reach.
on January 5, 2014
Heavy duty wires and the wires have good protection at the flex point. These cords look and perform exactly as advertised.
on December 25, 2012
This USB Y cable works great for my USB monitor. Shipped fast and came as described. Would definitely recommend to others.
on December 29, 2012
Came on time with the purchase of my monitor AOC portable.
I can not really rate this item because I have no need for this item, these cables came in the box with the monitor.
The reason I purchased the item was following a suggestion from Amazon which indicates that people who purchased this monitor also purchased these cables
Wish Amazon take the time to find out that the Item Amazon suggests to purchase It is not already included with the item purchased, or the least disclose that the purchased item comes with the item offered
on April 8, 2016
didn't work with my aoc monitor and cant get in contact with the company that offers lifetime warranty.