5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality dash cam/spy cam, at a reasonable price
Published 19 months ago by Happy Shopper

3.0 out of 5 stars Mini Dv Camcorder DVR Video Digital Camera 30 Fps Dc
Published 12 months ago by Sandy S

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality dash cam/spy cam, at a reasonable price, March 28, 2013
This review is from: Mini Dv Camcorder DVR Video Digital Camera 30 Fps Dc (Electronics)
You know those days when something interesting happens and you wish you had a camera at the moment it happens? This little video cam comes to the rescue. I primarily use it as a dash cam. It's tiny size can be hung from the headliner and not be in the line of your vision. It has a wide angle view which will give a full view of both sides of the road in front of you. The video quality is very good for the small "spy camera" that it is. Very satisfactory video quality.

You'll find in some of the reviews that some people do not like the sound quality. When you use it as a dash cam, you will get some road noise. That can't be avoided. But have the cam set alone, hidden in a corner of a room, the sound quality will be just fine.

The approximate power duration for the rechargable battery is 1 hour and 45 minutes. Perfect for any short road trip. Be it your car, your motorcycle or bycycle. The kit included has the oppropriate mounts for your needs.

The videos are easily accessable to your computer.

The manual is my only gripe. The print is very small and in broken english. I searched google for a self help video. That worked out fine.

I recomend this cam to anybody who wishes for low-buck video dash cam. You just never know when something interesting is going to happen at any given time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little camera., January 22, 2014
I clipped this little camera on my hat (Wore the cap in reverse and clipped it on so it was facing forward.) Rode my bike and recorded the trip. Worked great. Recharges with a USB. (I have a USB portable charger to recharge it.)

I saw other's complaints but I've had no problems. I put a 2 gig chip in it. I pull the chip out and insert it into my smartphone to review on the go. WORKS GREAT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cam for the price, May 19, 2011
Works great..it comes with poor documentation but it is a great cam. I could not get the software to install to make this work as a webcam but that is not what I purchased it for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mini Dv Camcorder DVR Video Digital Camera 30 Fps Dc, October 18, 2013
I ran over my (same) DVR Video/Camera the other day and replaced it with this exact same make/model. I think I paid about 11.00 last week (it's even cheaper today). The thing is, with these little units, that the indicator lights at the top (that tell you if you are recording or whatever) as soooooo teeeeeny-tiny that you just can not see them ... especially if it is sunny out, then it is totally impossible. Now, having said that, on the rare occasion that I have lucked out and recorded something of interest, it does turn out surprisingly good quality. So for the inexpensive price I would say pick yourself up a cheap magnifying glass at the dollar store and maybe you will be able to see if you are actually in record mode or not. Also, the instructions could be a little better.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe it really works, July 1, 2013
This camera is great. It is simple to operate: charge, record, and retrieve. Of course the video looks like something from "Homicide: Life on the Street" - it is attached to my shirt and I bound around - but the quality of the video is unbelievable: very clear. This item requires a micro memory card - which is sooo small I was afraid I would drop it on the floor and never see it again - so you need to be very careful when you install it. But, once it's in, you can access the videos through your USB connection, so you don't have to futz with the teeny weeny again. I love this thing.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm sure you can find something better for the price., July 31, 2014
The first one of these I ordered came without a memory card, the accessory to clip it to your shirt was broken and the microphone barely picked up any sound. The replacement came shipped in a regular envelope with no protection whatsoever. The box was crushed, but somehow the camera and accessories survived and it worked as well as these things seem to work.

This product is FALSELY ADVERTISED!, which I must admit I suspected when ordering it. The camera resolution is 320x240 and is stretched to 720x480 by software when used in camcorder mode. This accomplishes nothing but a fuzzy video and wasted space on the memory card, the maximum supported by this camera ("new" model) is 8GB. When used in webcam mode, the video is in its native resolution of 320x240 and averages 5-6 frames per second. Both of this model of camera were this way and other cameras work fine (including even cheaper cameras). I tried pressing the reset buttons also. It is not a computer or operator issue. The angle on the lens is so tight that when standing 2-3 feet from another person, you would need two cameras to get their whole face.

The audio on the one with the good mic is decent but has a very flat sound.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, February 8, 2013
only thing I found to dislike about this little camera is that it is a little hard to point until you get use to it and secondly it should have a little wider angle lens. Other then that this little gem does the job its intended for.

1.0 out of 5 stars AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL, January 3, 2014
Did not like this. It is and was hard to understand how to use. I will research more and purchase a better camera for my son.

1.0 out of 5 stars P.O.S., January 16, 2014
Dont even waste your time absolute crap. you would need to buy ten in hopes that mabe and I mean mabe one yould work right.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible (fake) product, hilarious Engrish, November 22, 2013
I'm not even sure this is a camera. It might just be a plastic shell for a few lights. Doesn't work in any capacity, computers won't recognize it. However, I suppose it was worth the $10 to get the hilarious Engrish user manual that came with it. Clearly a cheap Chinese knock off, fake and useless. Do not buy.

Mini Dv Camcorder DVR Video Digital Camera 30 Fps Dc