4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for postage stamp collectors!
Published on October 28, 2012 by goldendog

3.0 out of 5 stars Mini Quilt Blocks
Not what I expected. Basically the mini quilts are just quilt blocks designs you would use when quilting a large quilt. I expected a few new designs.
Published 23 months ago by GiGi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for postage stamp collectors!, October 28, 2012
This review is from: Mini-Mosaic Quilts: 30+ Block Designs 14 Projects Easy Piecing Technique (Paperback)
Mini-Mosaic Quilts by Paula Doyle is a great book for postage-stamp collectors and miniature quilt lovers. These little blocks are made using 1 inch or 1 1/2 inch strips or squares. While these blocks may seem impossible to sew, especially into 1/2 square triangles or 1/4 square triangles, Doyle has developed a system for sewing them using fusible interfacing and freezer paper templates. Mini-Mosaic Quilts contains many miniature block variations and how to make them using these tiny squares. Doyle also includes several projects for using the miniature blocks. A wonderful book for making miniature blocks without doing paper-piecing.
[...] ( )

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Book, October 21, 2012
I am very familiar with Paula's Mini Mosaic technique having done one or her patterns in the past. Her book is percise and easy to understand and the projects are clearly written and nicely illustrated. I would highly recommend this book if you are interested in doing miniatures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini Mosaic Quilts - 14 Projects, 30 blocks, October 30, 2012
This is a great method for making wonderful projects. The method works well, the directions are great. There are pictures to walk you through the projects and the finished project, because of this method, is perfect. I'm so glad a book is out on this method. It will be fun to use and reuse. There is a huge variety of different projects, so I chose one and loved it. And now I'm ready to do another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always Room for Mini Quilts, March 28, 2013
If you are like most quilters you are starting to run out of room to display them all. Consider getting this wonderful book for making mini quilts the easy way with precision. Paula Doyle will take you step by step through this simple process so your new creations will have that professional look. You will not believe the results and praise you will be getting on your new quilts. Great for gifts and fun to do using up those precious fabric scraps. There are just so many blocks to make and the creative level is endless once you get started. There are many projects listed to get you started and then let you imagine run wild.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mini Quilt Blocks, March 25, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasted my money!, March 10, 2013
This book is basically a thin pamphlet that has been padded out with wide margins, long blank spaces on each page, and unnecessarily repetitive content. The instructions, despite the repetition, are not well-written; the worst example calls for the reader to make a template, but there is no illustration of the final template and its orientation, and even though I am a very experienced quilter I can't figure out what the author is telling us to do. The publisher has done everything possible to market the book (I bought it because I saw an interesting video on The Quilt Show) but the book itself is a rip-off. I'm surprised by the positive reviews, and I will not be keeping this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini-mosaic, Maxi-fun!, March 5, 2013
Amazon Customer (Petaluma, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I saw a video featuring Paula Doyle's work at The Quilt Show.com. I have always been fascinated with miniatures myself, and have tried various methods over the years. Now fusible techniques join an old favorite - freezer paper - to create these little blocks! I am sitting right now with Jinny Beyer's exhaustive encyclopedia of quilt block shapes organized by Jinny into a precise and very usable system to find blocks that work in specific situations (The Quilter's Album of Patchwork Patterns - a MUST have!), and huge numbers of these blocks are suited for use with Paula's technique. If I get lost down the rabbit hole, will someone please buy Alice et. al., and toss it down to me?

5.0 out of 5 stars Paula's Triumph, March 14, 2013
I am a fan of Paula's accurate work, and after trying one of her patterns,I made a mini wall hanging, am now looking at other quilting patterns to see if I can work them using Paula's method. The method of constructing tiles and then joining them is inspired. Even for a goldfish brain like mine her instructions are excellent. I've used the book so much that I have abandoned other methods of piecing, particularly half square triangles. Why struggle when I can just join two strips of fabric and make accurate pieces every time. Thanks, Paula.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mini Mosaic Quilt Book, May 19, 2013
I love this book. It took me awhile to get started on trying one of the patterns and I have to admit, it took me awhile to actually figure out how to put all those tiny little pieces together, but in the long run, I'm really happy I bought this book. I, for one, don't like making big block quilts. I like being a little more creative and this book inspired me to try smaller pieced projects.

5.0 out of 5 stars You've made me a Believer!, March 10, 2013
The mini-mosaics are easier than then they look. You have made a Believer out of me. The book is clear to follow and before you know you it you have a finished piece in your hand and one step away from a finished project. The options in the back of the book are endless. I now have something to do with all those strips of fabric left over from my big quilt projects :-)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›