4.0 out of 5 stars You Need To Try This!
Published on September 16, 2009 by Fayt

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice game
I've bought this game to my 7 y.o. kid. He enjoyed it, but he find the kinect games better. I think after he advance more on the game it will be more interesting. The controls are easy, and he was doing fine when he played it.
Published on December 7, 2011 by Luiz Claudio

4.0 out of 5 stars You Need To Try This!, September 16, 2009
This review is from: Mini Ninjas - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I had heard a few things about this game and thought I would give it a try. I wasn't really expecting much but was definitely surprised. This game is really fun and highly addictive. The title tells you who you control, mini ninjas. Don't get me wrong though, the characters are still really cool. But they can also be rather cute at times. Thats what really helped me fall in love with this game. The art style, colors used, and the whole concept of character design gives you a game that is very refreshing. What I mean is that so many games these days are dark and gritty with copius amounts of blood and gore, where as this game is usually bright and vibrant and has cut out blood and gore. Even the levels that are supposed to be darker tend to be beautifal in there own way. When you beat enemies in this game theres no blood, theres this poof of smoke and the enemy is transformed back into what they once were, cute little animals. All enemies except bosses were once cute little animals that have been transformed into bad guys. But it gets better, your main character has the ability to take control of these animals which is fun but also important if you want to get all the items in every level. The items are highly visible to animals and can be really hard to find for the ninjas. All items you collect are either used to make items or are consumed to restore health or energy or some other stat. Experience is gained from defeating enemies and freeing captured animals. Meaning that if you want you don't have to fight. You can try to sneak through the levels and free the critters to get your XP. Each ninja is unique in the way they look, act, move, and fight so getting a new character can change the way you play. So if you want to use the character with the big hammer go ahead, or maybe the one with the flute is more your style, but the best part is that they all use the same controls so there is no confusion when you switch between characters. There are quite a few different levels with different features so it doesn't get old. But that probably won't be a problem because the game is rather short. The gameplay is really fun but there is only a very basic plot that tells you why your fighting. I prefer games with a story and character interaction and there is none of that in this game. Overall the game is a fun family friendly game that can be enjoyed by just about any one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, and good for father-son gaming, March 8, 2010
Nate Hertzler "NH" (Ridgefield Park, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mini Ninjas - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I must say I didn't think much of the demo for this game, but for some reason decided to try it out, maybe b/c my son (5) is going through a ninja phase. Both of us ended up absolutely loving it, and beat the game fairly quickly, and we're now going through it a second time. We spent a LOT of QT together playing this game. I hope there's a sequel. The graphics are very good, the game is very intuitive and fun to play, and it's pretty addictive.

It's cool to be able to collect the different magic spells and ninjas as you go through. I especially like the nature scenes, like the rivers and forests, etc, and the combat all of which is very fun (but very kid friendly, I mean the enemies turn into animals when you defeat them). you never get lost b/c there's an arrow function that always tells you which way to go. The spells are very fun to use and collect, even though some of them are used far less (or never), but you want to collect them all for sure.

You'll like this game better if you have any affinity for Japanese culture, which we do b/c my wife is Japanese and my kids are half and half. Also, like I said my kid is going through a ninja phase although I would have a hard time believing that any kid, really, would not like this game. My adult brother and I also liked it a lot, so it counts as adult-friendly as well, I mean entertaining for adults. There is some Japanese language going on, but with subtitles (usually).

My only complaint is that the game is a little short, and some of the bosses are very easy to defeat, but then again I didn't want to spend that much time on the latter.

Overall, for the price, and considering the amount of entertainment that we're still getting out of it, it was an excellent purchase and rates 5 stars. As far as suggestions to improve, I think they should make it longer, and add some type of co-op at least, ideally some kind of online play as well. Aside from that, stick with what works, but regardless of what they do, if there is a sequel there is no question that this household will purchase it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected., November 22, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mini Ninjas - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I bought this because it was on clearance at a nearby rental place that was going out of business. I bought it because I have lots of Nephews and Neices that come to my house and I thought they would like to play it. Also my wife likes to fiddle around with video games every once in a while and I thought she might like to play this one.

The game itself I think is simple in the fact that you don't have to hit 47 buttons to punch someone. The graphics are good smooth 3D. The controls are very easy to learn.

I played this game for about 2 hours and found it very entertaining. My wife just started playing it and she really likes it as well. Its a basic game that is entertaining, while also doing "NINJA" stuff. But in the end I would recommend this game to just about anyone.

Myself: I like FPS's (First Person Shooters) on PC so to my suprise, I did enjoy this game. But then again I bought it for about $17 so I wasn't out much if it turned out to be a bad game. I wouldn't pay much more than that. So maybe that is why I thought this game was pretty good, who knows. Thanks for reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Addictive Piece of Awesome, March 27, 2011
This review is from: Mini Ninjas - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
This game is exactly what you expect and more. Play as a Mini Ninja fighting through the story mode. While the story isn't highly suspensful or very interesting, this game provides for a great break from Black Ops. I downloaded it expecting something like a little kids learning game but hoped for it to be alright. It is something of childs game, but extremely fun. You get a little freedom throughout the story, searching for various ingredients and food, but for the most part you stick to following through defeating bosses and other objectives. Easily worth the $20-$30 I paid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lot's of fun and adventure, June 28, 2010
This review is from: Mini Ninjas - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
We enjoy playing this game. It is cute and funny. No one is really killed, so no blood or gore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ni..Ninjaaa!!!, December 12, 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mini Ninjas - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I heard of this game on a preview while watching Anime....I liked it instantly!!

It's just so very cute! Not only that, is packed with action and adventure! I'm not a big game player
but when I like a game (specially adventure) I get it and finish it!! So far this game has made me laugh until I cry!

There are funny times, as well as kind of sad, but is very active in any way!

I love the little ninjas as well as the evil mini samurai who can't seem to do anything right, they're kind of dumb >_<

Overall, this game can be played by kids as well as adults!
My brother and I aren't kids no more but we LOVE IT!

I highly recommended if you want to pull an all nighter with Ninjas on your screen!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Game, February 1, 2010
This review is from: Mini Ninjas - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Bought this game for Christmas for my 8 year old and he loved it. At first he was stuck on a particular level and it challenged him to keep trying, he ended up beating the game in just a couple of days. He loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, January 13, 2013
This review is from: Mini Ninjas - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Kids loved this game...Although they defeated it pretty quick. Wasn't too challenging for 4 yr old or too young for a 10 yr old. It was worth the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars My sixth grader loves it, November 26, 2011
This review is from: Mini Ninjas - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
This game is really amazing. The graphics, game play, and storyline are all intriguing. My sixth grader loves RPG games but fell in love with this game by the second level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool!, January 25, 2011
This review is from: Mini Ninjas - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
This game is awesome! It lets you control one of six pint-sized ninjas-in-training as you strive to defeat the evil Samurai Warlord and his army of magically controled minions. It has an art style so adorable that if you can't smile, you have no sense of humor! It is so easy to play that anybody can figure it out! Once again, this game is awesome!

Mini Ninjas - Xbox 360
Mini Ninjas - Xbox 360 by Square Enix (Xbox 360)
Used & New from: $13.41